Goodbye Jesus

Is God An Alien?

ireckinso

ireckinso,

The belief that life came from aliens is panspermia, and there are real scientists who believe in this! However, its seems as though they believe in it due to a lack of explanation. Instead of believing in a god who created people, they prefer aliens... but then, who created the alien's complex DNA?? haha I know most here are non-Christian and several are atheists too I'm sure, but for what it's worth, below are three articles by Gary Bates that talk about panspermia from a Christian perspective. Whether you're a Christian or not, they are definitely interesting.

Sounds like you're equating panspermia with aliens creating our DNA. They're not the same theory. Panspermia is related to the hypothesis called exogenesis, which states that germs, cells, DNA was formed (evolved) somewhere else and came to our planet on a comet or such. Not that alien landed with a spaceship and planted things. Panspermia is actually, to be exact, the hypothesis that germs and bacteria exists everywhere in space, not exactly the same as exogenesis. Does that make sense?

Here it is simplified:

1. Germs and bacteria existing everywhere in space: panspermia

2. Life began on Earth by germs or bacteria entering from space: exogenesis

3. Life began on Earth by aliens planting life: (I have no clue what term is used)

Besides, God is an extraterrestrial alien by definition.

And water on Mars? It's very possible: http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/08/04/us-mars-water-idUSTRE7736PY20110804

ireckinso,

The belief that life came from aliens is panspermia, and there are real scientists who believe in this! However, its seems as though they believe in it due to a lack of explanation. Instead of believing in a god who created people, they prefer aliens... but then, who created the alien's complex DNA?? haha I know most here are non-Christian and several are atheists too I'm sure, but for what it's worth, below are three articles by Gary Bates that talk about panspermia from a Christian perspective. Whether you're a Christian or not, they are definitely interesting.

Sounds like you're equating panspermia with aliens creating our DNA. They're not the same theory. Panspermia is related to the hypothesis called exogenesis, which states that germs, cells, DNA was formed (evolved) somewhere else and came to our planet on a comet or such. Not that alien landed with a spaceship and planted things. Panspermia is actually, to be exact, the hypothesis that germs and bacteria exists everywhere in space, not exactly the same as exogenesis. Does that make sense?

Here it is simplified:

1. Germs and bacteria existing everywhere in space: panspermia

2. Life began on Earth by germs or bacteria entering from space: exogenesis

3. Life began on Earth by aliens planting life: (I have no clue what term is used)

Besides, God is an extraterrestrial alien by definition.

And water on Mars? It's very possible: http://www.reuters.c...E7736PY20110804

Interesting info.

They did prove water in the moon I believe by shooting missiles into it and gathering data from the dust blooms. But then the moon was a fragment of earth that was knocked off by planet (x) or Nibiru, where the Annunaki live, when it clipped the earth the last time around.

I've been watching a documentary about this. It's an interesting theory. Here's season 1 episode 2 of Ancient Aliens. Looks like this guy's channel has all the seasons and episodes. It's also on Netflix.

http://www.youtube.c.../20/L_xmvmj-NLg

This is a question that came to mind: is the twelve stranded DNA even possible biologically? This comes to mind because "contactees" (namely Alex Collier) states that the reason why we as humans can't reach our full potential is because we only have a double stranded DNA whereas our alien forfathers (Collier contends that humans are the decendents of 21/22 races of humanoid aliens) have twelve. I wouild imagin that the DNA replication process for a twelve stranded DNA would be slightly too complicated and thus create more room for DNA misspellings (mutations).

This is a question that came to mind: is the twelve stranded DNA even possible biologically? This comes to mind because "contactees" (namely Alex Collier) states that the reason why we as humans can't reach our full potential is because we only have a double stranded DNA whereas our alien forfathers (Collier contends that humans are the decendents of 21/22 races of humanoid aliens) have twelve. I wouild imagin that the DNA replication process for a twelve stranded DNA would be slightly too complicated and thus create more room for DNA misspellings (mutations).

If they're twelve stranded, they must have a different kind of chemical composition. The double strand is a natural (chemical) result of the actual components and the binding between the nucleotides. I guess you could have 6 double strands intertwined, but that wouldn't change the genetic material since it's just twisting up double strands.

And what purpose would 12 strands have? The reason why the double strand is so successful in nature is because one is the code, the other is the backup. It's not like one strand has one code for protein synthesis and the other has a different code. They both represent the same code, and the double stranding ensures quality and prevents too much mutations. It's basically slowing down the mutation rate. So why 10 more strands? For what? If they represent other genetic material, then there's no need for combined stranding.

Or could it be that the whole protein synthesis works completely different in these aliens? :shrug: The polypetides are produced only when all 12 strands are present? That would really make them extremely susceptible for genetic disease... I think.

If they're twelve stranded, they must have a different kind of chemical composition. The double strand is a natural (chemical) result of the actual components and the binding between the nucleotides. I guess you could have 6 double strands intertwined, but that wouldn't change the genetic material since it's just twisting up double strands.

And what purpose would 12 strands have? The reason why the double strand is so successful in nature is because one is the code, the other is the backup. It's not like one strand has one code for protein synthesis and the other has a different code. They both represent the same code, and the double stranding ensures quality and prevents too much mutations. It's basically slowing down the mutation rate. So why 10 more strands? For what? If they represent other genetic material, then there's no need for combined stranding.

Or could it be that the whole protein synthesis works completely different in these aliens? :shrug: The polypetides are produced only when all 12 strands are present? That would really make them extremely susceptible for genetic disease... I think.

Well one could look at this way. If someone from our time and technology were to meet someone from just a couple thousand years ago we would appear as gods and angels. So think of how a much older, say one million year old race of beings, would appear to us.

Granted, but they are argueing that we can interbreed with these twelve stranded DNA extraterrestrials--and we were genetically modified by "regressives" to only have two strands. I have a genetics professor, so I will have to ask him if he could imagine it being possible to have more than two strands of DNA with our current understanding of bio-chemistry.

Granted, but they are argueing that we can interbreed with these twelve stranded DNA extraterrestrials--and we were genetically modified by "regressives" to only have two strands. I have a genetics professor, so I will have to ask him if he could imagine it being possible to have more than two strands of DNA with our current understanding of bio-chemistry.

I'm curious to hear what he says.

The problem I have with the 12-strand is that DNA stands for deoxyribosnucleic acid. It's a particular form of molecule and the laws of physics and chemistry won't change, even 12 million light years from here. Hence, a "12-strand DNA" wouldn't be a "DNA" but a completely different chemical molecule structure.

I'm curious to hear what he says.

The problem I have with the 12-strand is that DNA stands for deoxyribosnucleic acid. It's a particular form of molecule and the laws of physics and chemistry won't change, even 12 million light years from here. Hence, a "12-strand DNA" wouldn't be a "DNA" but a completely different chemical molecule structure.

OK, how about a bakers dozen?

That satisfies the creationist crowd. We didn't evolve, we were baked. Probably a half baked idea which is why we only got 6 :D

OK, how about a bakers dozen?

That satisfies the creationist crowd. We didn't evolve, we were baked. Probably a half baked idea which is why we only got 6 :D

BDNA. Bakers dozen nucleic acid. :HaHa:

There's a FOX worthy theory there somewhere I'm sure.

• 11 months later...

Cool topic smile.png

You can't answer that question without a bit of context:

This entire universe is deemed to be about 14 billion years old (that's 14,000,000,000 earth rotations around the sun). Our own solar system is relatively young at about 4 billion years, thus has existed for about 30% of the life of our universe. It took about 150 million years for the earth to cool off enough and offer primordial soup conditions that trigger organic evolutions.

Its all about opportunity, intent and long term survival.

Why would an alien race genetically alter or be involved in the makeup/creation of the human race ? You can only ask that question if you're not the first sentient creation that appeared in this universe (which is statistically probable for us).

You can also ask yourself why we've genetically altered the apples in our orchards to make them more appealing to us.

I absolutely have no problem with the idea that an alien race would have tweaked the evolution of our specie over the course of millions of years... perhaps to make us more compatible to them when the time comes for us to eventually integrate into a galactic community. Should we make it to a type 1 civilization (Michio Kaku) wink.png

You can also ask yourself if we (the human specie) would alter the genetic makeup of an alien race if we determined that it could potentially evolve into an eventual threat to us. When it comes down to security/survival issues, you do what you have to do.

Ultimately we could be the product of mother earth and a few galactic sector elves LMAO. This is where 'So God created man in his own image' takes on its full meaning smile.png))

Wiki:

Evidence of the early appearance of life comes from the Isua supercrustal belt in Western Greenland and from similar formations in the nearby Akilia Islands. Carbon entering into rock formations has a ratio of Carbon-13 (13C) to Carbon-12 (12C) of about −5.5 (in units of δ13C), where because of a preferential biotic uptake of 12C, biomass has a δ13C of between −20 and −30. These isotopic fingerprints are preserved in the sediments, and Mojzis has used this technique to suggest that life existed on the planet already by 3.85 billion years ago.[27] Lazcano and Miller (1994) suggest that the rapidity of the evolution of life is dictated by the rate of recirculating water through mid-ocean submarine vents. Complete recirculation takes 10 million years, thus any organic compounds produced by then would be altered or destroyed by temperatures exceeding 300 °C (572 °F). They estimate that the development of a 100 kilobase genome of a DNA/protein primitive heterotroph into a 7000 gene filamentous cyanobacterium would have required only 7 Ma.[28] The Nobel Prize winning chemist, Christian de Duve, argues that the determination of chemistry means that "life has to emerge quickly... Chemical reactions happen quickly or not at all; if any reaction takes a millennium to complete then the chances are all the reagents will simply dissipate or breakdown in the meantime, unless they are replenished by other faster reactions".[29][30]

Guest Babylonian Dream

ireckinso,

I don't think anyone was taking this idea presented here terribly seriously. As for panspermia, its basically a possibility that singlecelled lifeforms could've survived being thrust down onto our planet from space somehow. It's a possibility. However, that's not the claim that it couldn't be native or that panspermia is the only way life could originate.

IMO, it evolved here. It formed here. Deep inside our oceans. That is based on evidence. In fact, all scientific theories are.

The reason one might prefer an alien though over God, is that its more plausable. We are pretty sure life on other worlds is pretty damn lucky, we're not special. We hold no exalted status in the universe, that we and we alone are alive. Its just a deductive guess though.

We can also test whether alien lifeforms exist and can create things, God on the other hand, we can't. Especially since for each and ever person there is another God. We have billions of Gods in the Christian world alone.

its fun to speculate on this sort of thing but truthfully at this point the whole thing carries about as much weight as the flood story in genesis. if I had gamble on a god with a gun to my head it would be something along these lines. an advanced race seeded life throughout the cosmos along with the elements and resources needed for a successful existence. dinosaurs acccidently became too dominant of a species so they guided an asteroid here and killed them so we could have a chance to survive. and they coming back like a thief in the night. kind of like us in the future. in the year 3000 we will crack the key to entropy and disease to live forever and we are going to come back in to revive the atheists who were smart enough to reject religiion and have fun traveling the cosmos and living forever. a real life version of planet of the atheists. I hope I do live to see how life began. again I'm going to safely assume no such events until the evidence shows otherwise. its fun to let your mind run free every once in a while.

PROMETHEUS

PROMETHEUS

Riddley Scott (brother Tony committed suicide a few days ago) is having fun with a similar premise in PROMETHEUS. In contrast, Stanton Friedman (UFO researcher/believer) has another view that many alien races are keeping tabs on the locals whereas in PROMETHEUS there is only 1 race priming over many lower tech races).

Whatever the scenario might be, the fact that we are still here to discuss the subject after 150 million years of human evolution points to a few possibilities ;) :

Malevolent: we are being bred as weapons of mass destruction lol

Benevolent: we are kept in quarantine until we reach a technological level that enables travel to other solar systems. No contact until we push the envelope.

There is no one else in this galactic sector... (not)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46880631/ns/technology_and_science-space/t/billions-alien-habitable-planets-right-here-our-galaxy/#.UDThBMHa2nw

My take on this: until we can actually piss in somebody elses soup we are of no interest to anybody. You would think that a race that reaches the technological stage that enables them to have a presence beyond their own home world has enough creativity to be self-sufficient. Unless of course we are dealing with a race that is escaping their own solar system having enough time to build an ark prior a catastrophic solar event (unstable star).

Breaking the light speed barrier requires a few tricks in your sleeves... Maybe the Higgs boson will give us hints as to how to artificially reduce mass and therefere move beyond the limitations of the formula E=MC2 ;) (Where mass goes to infinity as you approach light speed)

My take on this: until we can actually piss in somebody elses soup we are of no interest to anybody. You would think that a race that reaches the technological stage that enables them to have a presence beyond their own home world has enough creativity to be self-sufficient. Unless of course we are dealing with a race that is escaping their own solar system having enough time to build an ark prior a catastrophic solar event (unstable star).

If they are this powerful certainly they possess the ability to detect danger and leave in a reasonable amount of time especially since interstellar travel requires speeds beyond the speed of light and being self suffiicient in using commonly available elements in the cosmos. Or how about using some dark matter. There seems to be plenty of that stuff floating around. once a civilization has lasted long enough to reach that state, Also, they would HAVE to be peaceful or at least understand the concept of peace and frailty of life.

If they are this powerful certainly they possess the ability to detect danger and leave in a reasonable amount of time especially since interstellar travel requires speeds beyond the speed of light and being self suffiicient in using commonly available elements in the cosmos. Or how about using some dark matter. There seems to be plenty of that stuff floating around. once a civilization has lasted long enough to reach that state, Also, they would HAVE to be peaceful or at least understand the concept of peace and frailty of life.

Technologies beyond fusion reactors and applications driven off data provided by the Higgs boson research will be nothing short of spectacular. Once you get these, I don't see why you'd need predatory reflexes anymore. You're pretty much a semi-god with unlimited powers.

how about this..... what if we are merely microscopic bacteria in a petri dish of some science project of a larger race that created us for research. that qualifies as alien.

how about this..... what if we are merely microscopic bacteria in a petri dish of some science project of a larger race that created us for research. that qualifies as alien.

To a type 1 civilization (or 2) that's potentially what we are. From their perspective, thousands or millions of years of technological evolution beyond us, we are microbes. Michio Kaku.

Ask yourself what is stopping us from engineering new life forms with our relatively primitive genetic knowledge. 40 years ago some guy created square corn lol