Goodbye Jesus

My Mother And Homosexuality

Neon Genesis

My mother is a fundamentalist Christian and like me she was always raised to believe homosexuality was a sin. She used to always rail against the evils of homosexuality and how gay marriage will destroy society. But this morning I came downstairs and my mother was watching Lady Gaga being interviewed on the View who my mother is a fan of. They were talking about Elton John's baby and my mother was talking about how cute the baby was and then just out of the blue she said gays and lesbians are the best parents in the world and there's nothing wrong with them wanting to get married and raise children. I still plan on waiting until I move out on my own to come out to my family as there's still my dad to deal with, but first my sister shifted her views to support gay rights and now my mother randomly seems to be supporting gays. I'm still not coming out to her yet but this is wonderful news for me and it's a testimony that proves that the more people are exposed to gays and realize we're just like everyone else, the more they become accepting of it. In this case, it seems to be thanks to Lady Gaga and Elton John.

Glad to hear more people are realizing homosexuality isn't the evil christianity makes it out to be. My parents still aren't convinced yet.

Is it possible that on some level she already knows? This may be her way of telling you that she loves and supports you no matter what. Parents have a way of knowing things... ??

Freedom

• Like 1

Is it possible that on some level she already knows? This may be her way of telling you that she loves and supports you no matter what. Parents have a way of knowing things... ??

I concur that this could be the case.

This is great news, Neon. This will certainly ease the difficulty when/if you come out of the closet to your family. Also, Freedom may have a point, although you're much more likely to know how to interpret her behavior.

as much as I may think Lady Gaga's music is annoying, I fully support her efforts on this front, as it seems she is having a very positive effect.

Freedom

Exactly what I was going to say Neon!!:grin:

I knew long before my boy 'came out', that he was gay!!:grin:

I betcha' she knows..........:scratch:hug for you!

Good for you neon, am glad you're feeling like you have some support in this, or at least are getting there

Stay cool and bide your time! Getting out on your own and in a stable career is the best hedge against the rabid blow-up if it occurs at all. Good luck bro :grin:

So you probably know I have a bit of a twisted sense of humor.

http://crazythingsparentssay.failblog.org/2011/05/25/funny-parent-quotes-erics-mom-was-right-after-all/

I actually hope your coming out goes like this. It's probably easier then the alternative.