Goodbye Jesus

Why christianity still exists...

BuddhistCommunist

Oh, come on, you've got Apollo, Hercules, Zoroaster.....

99052[/snapback]

yea but theirs no cases now. do medical things tend too repeat themselves?

from the links iv read on here i think alot of ideas were stolen from zoroaster and others.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• daniel_1012

• Gnosis of Disbelief

• willybilly30

• MQTA

1. Eastern religions still exist because people like the way of life and self betterment.

2. Pagan religions still exist because they feel this and science goes hand in hand and for the same reason in number 1.

3. Christianity still exists because its forcefed down peoples throats with gifts if you except, damnation if you don't.

Christianity still exists in its radical fundamental form because of one simple reason, Money. Money drives all the churches of today and is used as a base for mass attention. The money is used to fund Tbn, Missionaries, youth programs were the church uses slang and "cool" terms to brainwash kids when they are young. Secondly, When you are a kid and you go against christianity, your parents usually "deal" with you in a way they see fit. Also peers can be hurtful if you believe something that goes against christianity. over 80% of americas population either doesn't know what a pentagram is, or thinks people that where it are Satan Worshippers. Through well orchestrated plans and successful continueous brainwashing from an early age keeps this country christian dispite influence of outside belief and the new rising of Scientifically backed athiesm. Outside beliefs are taught as Satans work and Atheism is taught as misguided fools who don't understand that God is Science....

If it weren't for brainwashing tactics that have been around for millenia, then america could have been a place were not only cultures mixed, but spiritual ideas as well.

So I just want to say :grin: Thanks Christians, for fucking it up for the rest of us!

peace,

BC

98910[/snapback]

The Righteouse who try to live a Godly life, always suffer at the Hands of the Self Righteouse.

Jesus was the first to suffer in this way.

Many people are leaving the Instituional Church, because they have come to relize that God is far greater than the man made religion that follows him.

They relized that the Church is within ones self not in some building made of Stone or wood or steel.

Jesus said it best, Your Body is the Temple, you choose which spirit dwells therin, Light or Darkness.

To those who choose darkness I can only say, How dense is the Darkness!

When I first read your post I felt that you are a Victim somehow of the Instituional Church, if this is so be assured you are not alone in this World.

Peace

Forgive me while I quote from the movie Napoleon Dynamite.

ND:    "This is pretty much the worst video ever made."

Kip:    "Napoleon, like anyone could even know that..."

Kip is right.  In order for Napoleon to know that this is the worst video ever made, he would have had ot have seen every single movie ever made -- including those that have only been seen by one person.  Unless he has seen every single video ever made, he couldn't possibly make this statement and hope that it be a fact; morever, even if he did see every video, his conclusion would still be merely opinion.

When you say I blindly have followed anything, or that I'm too damned lazy to go out and thank for myself... you are basing that on a plethura of ignorance.  You don't know me, my life, my conversion, my struggles, my research, my prayers, or my experiences... and yet, I feel even if you did... that would still be just a matter of opinion, because Christianity does claim that it is folly to men... so are you so surprised?

99087[/snapback]

So, are you going to admit that you don't know that Christianity is the only true religion? Are you going to admit that you don't know that only the Bible is the Word of God? Are you going to admit that you don't know that God is the Supreme Being? Are you going to admit that you don't know if Christianity is the Truth?

If you DON'T, if you insist that you DO know, then you are being a hypocrite and using different standards on us than you do with yourself...

Your choice, numpty... time to get yourself out of the hole you just dug for yourself.

The Righteouse who try to live a Godly life, always suffer at the Hands of the Self Righteouse.

Many people are leaving the Instituional Church, because they have come to relize that God is far greater than the man made religion that follows him.

They relized that the Church is within ones self not in some building made of Stone or wood or steel.

Jesus said it best, Your Body is the Temple, you choose which spirit dwells therin, Light or Darkness.

When I first read your post I felt that you are a Victim somehow of the Instituional Church, if this is so be assured you are not alone in this World.

Peace

99120[/snapback]

Why don't you take your self-righteous ass and go fuck yourself?

why is it when someone questions christianity are they always accused of being a victum of some bad thing. i hear the same line over and over. or we be abused and blame the lord or some shit like that. seems like christians always read more into it than whats their.

Peace

99120[/snapback]

why is it when someone questions christianity are they always accused of being a victum of some bad thing.

Because Christians don't like to think that someone could actually question the religion on their own. They want to give the questioner an out, to think that "oh, they won't go to hell if it's a cult that brainwashed them." They don't want to give anyone credit for being intelligent enough to think and do things on their own, without any supernatural being guiding them.

When you say I blindly have followed anything, or that I'm too damned lazy to go out and thank for myself... you are basing that on a plethura of ignorance.  You don't know me, my life, my conversion, my struggles, my research, my prayers, or my experiences...
Actually, I believe the point of Gnosis of Disbelief's post was that he was basing that judgement on the behavior in your posts. The way you slip and slide around people's arguments. Kind of like what you just did here.

The irony of this statement is that it's the Christians who always form arguments based on ignorance. In fact, you employed it while accusing another person of doing it, which, I have to hand it to you, I've never seen that done before.

Christians are always using the old "you can't prove a negative" line or "You don't know everything". Sometimes they're not always so explicit, but they still do it. But they all thrive on the pitiful idea that God can't be disproven. (even though he can)

And don't bother denying it. All Christians argue from ignorance. You really don't have a choice in the matter.

yea thats true. itd just be nice if the christians would try too debate with us rather than act like were poor little victums who need petted. itd be alot more interesting.

i cant stand that sympathy crap they lay on people. i guess they think by petting us they can convert us. maybe i should pet them. oh poor little christians are in a cult theyre following a guy no one can even proves exists. :lmao:

Because Christians don't like to think that someone could actually question the religion on their own.  They want to give the questioner an out, to think that "oh, they won't go to hell if it's a cult that brainwashed them."  They don't want to give anyone credit for being intelligent enough to think and do things on their own, without any supernatural being guiding them.

99128[/snapback]

Peace

99120[/snapback]

I swear, that's the only thing you've ever said here that is absolutely true!! The entire world has been victimized by your religion.

Double Peace

God has to exist for anything to be God damned.

Oh cut the cutesy-poo word games, Danny boy. Stop lying!

¡Mentiroso! ¡Mentiroso! ¡Pantalones en fuego!

So, are you going to admit that you don't know that Christianity is the only true religion? Are you going to admit that you don't know that only the Bible is the Word of God? Are you going to admit that you don't know that God is the Supreme Being? Are you going to admit that you don't know if Christianity is the Truth?

If you DON'T, if you insist that you DO know, then you are being a hypocrite and using different standards on us than you do with yourself...

Your choice, numpty... time to get yourself out of the hole you just dug for yourself.

99122[/snapback]

What I do know, is that what is written in the Bible and the words Christ spoke there, have proven true enough for me to believe they are true. What I know and what you know are two different things.

Explain what you mean by "proven true".

What I do know, is that what is written in the Bible and the words Christ spoke there, have proven true enough for me to believe they are true.  What I know and what you know are two different things.

But you don't know everything. By your own admission, that means that you can't say anything is true.

Furthermore, what you "know" isn't more important than what we know - and if you're going to argue that it's not, then why should we take your demonstrated LIES over what we know to be true?

Bugiardo! Bugiardo! Pantaloni a fuoco!

The irony of this statement is that it's the Christians who always form arguments based on ignorance.

... HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

... ... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Laugh all you want, Jesus boy. It's true. Your bravado doesn't impress me.

Now answer my god damn question.

Edit: I see you down there. What, are you waiting for me to leave?

Yeah... That's what I thought.

Keep laughing, liar boy, because you don't have a leg to stand on.

Lügner! Lügner! Hosen auf dem Feuer!

What I do know, is that what is written in the Bible and the words Christ spoke there, have proven true enough for me to believe they are true.
In other words, you don't know that are indeed true, they've just been proven "true" enough for you to believe that they are TRUE and claim that they are the Ultimate Truth.

You claim that knowing that you don't know if they are true or not...

What I know and what you know are two different things.

99147[/snapback]

Yeah... I know that what I know is not the Ultimate Truth and I know I will never know enough to proclaim that ANYTHING is the Truth.

Am I saying that something is True based on ignorance? Nope.

You, on the other hand, are claiming that what you believe is Truth, despite the fact that you also will never know enough to proclaim anything as the Truth.

Are you saying that something is True based on ignorance? Yes.

Now, is what is contained in the Bible the Truth?

how have they proven true too you? got any proof the bible is true just cause it says it is dont make it true

What I do know, is that what is written in the Bible and the words Christ spoke there, have proven true enough for me to believe they are true.  What I know and what you know are two different things.

99147[/snapback]

Danny knows it's true because he has peace in his heart about it. That must be the primary reason, since he never goes into specifics about why he believes.

Meanwhile, the peace in our hearts that christianity is false is judged by Danny to be a false peace, self-delusion and only temporary until the big day of judgment. That great and horrible day when we stand before God nekked and skeared.

If you notice though, Danny never gets involved in discussing the details of why he believes, and he doesn't delve too deeply into the details we provide of why it's a steaming crock of poo.

the christians on here suck at debating. they just throw around lines we heard a billion times.

Danny knows it's true because he has peace in his heart about it.  That must be the primary reason, since he never goes into specifics about why he believes.

Meanwhile, the peace in our hearts that christianity is false is judged by Danny to be a false peace, self-delusion and only temporary until the big day of judgment.  That great and horrible day when we stand before God nekked and skeared.

If you notice though, Danny never gets involved in discussing the details of why he believes, and he doesn't delve too deeply into the details we provide of why it's a steaming crock of poo.

99196[/snapback]

In studying the etymology of words, one can sometimes come upon the truth when they have been blinded to it by the changed usage of that word. Etymology is the study of the derivations and beginnings of a word as it was originally used in a particular language. The English language is a very rich language. It takes many of its roots for modern words from other old small words in the earlier languages and puts them together to make a bigger word, and therefore, a better symbol or concept for communication. One of the best sources for the average scholar is the Oxford English Dictionary. The thirteen volumes and supplements take up two whole shelves in my library.

Take a word like awful. When that word was first coined, it literally meant "full of awe" and meant something good and grand. Today, most people understand "awful" to mean something very bad. By misuse, people gradually changed the usage and meaning of the word.

Now look at the word believer. When this word was first used in the English language, it was made up out of three older small words and it meant to "be a lie lover." Belie was the first usage of the word.

According to Webster's International and the Oxford English dictionaries, the root words which make up the word believer and belief still retain their true meaning. The two root words make up the word belie, and that word still means to misrepresent. Add the "f" to belie and you have belief, which meant to accept the lie or misrepresentation as though it were the truth. Originally, the "f" was written to designate the word "for" and meant, "to be for the lie, to accept, or to agree with the lie.” So the word was first written as belief 'r. Later this was shortened to belief ' then, to just belief as we have it now, and literally still means, to "be for the lie," or to "be in favor of the lie."

Today, the religious tell us the word BELIEVER is a good word. The Clear Thinkers say the word still means EXACTLY what it did when it was first made up out of three old commonly used early English words, namely, one who will still "be a lie lover.”

http://www.jovialatheist.com/miracles.html

the christians on here suck at debating. they just throw around lines we heard a billion times.
The Christians here? They're pretty much like that everywhere.

The Christians here?  They're pretty much like that everywhere.

99216[/snapback]

i thought the comment might get them too try harder lol.