Guest Valk0010

What Are You Listening To? (Music)

Guest Valk0010

Any format as long as alot of people can access it, like youtube for example

I am a pro wrestling fan, and this is at the top of my list as one of my favorite songs

This will change in a minute I'm sure, but right now I love this piece.

It is Die Moldau by Bedrich Smetana. Sort of a piece of musical nationalism, it's a symphonic poem about a river in his Bohemian homeland. I'd love it for the beautiful "river" theme alone, but it takes you along the entire course of the river's journey, through land and by people.

In it you can hear the fountains and springs that begin the river, horns of a hunting party, the folk dances of a country wedding, the beauty of a moonlit glade, the turbulence of the rapids, and the enduring splendor of an old castle and throughout it all runs the flowing tones of the river. It remarkably allows me to feel an iota of what Smetana felt for his homeland, and in turn gives voice to my own love of land and country.

I hope you all will enjoy it as much as I have.

Edit: Better recording.

• Like 1

It's impossible for me to pick just one favorite, but here's one I've been listening to a lot lately:

• Like 1

I have many favourite songs. Too many to post here, but I do like Barbra Streisands "All The Children", DHT's My Dream, a variety of Native American music, Fleetwood Mac, and Cher. I'll share these two though:

I call this one my theme song (I prefer the version on The Dance album though):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tR_i0sKWKEA

And this one, which for reason I have no clue, except that it makes me feel good, like that feeling out in nature and I just want to get up and dance:

• Like 1

One other I love, by Walela:

There is a freely translation of lyrics if you click the down arrow beside the views on YouTube.

Man I love FWM, but had never heard that song. Thanks Mriana!

Love that music vid, takes me back a bit.

To when I was a 90's kid listening to 80's hairband music instead of grunge. :HaHa:

It's impossible to pick one favorite, as I have too many! My tastes amount to many styles and categories, performed by talented people. This is Elis Regina, who was described as the "little firecracker" from Brasil. Any Brasilian knows who she is. Here's something to get your juices going early in the morning:

(edited to include description)

It is very faint in the beginning, but gets louder.

This will change in a minute I'm sure, but right now I love this piece.

It is Die Moldau by Bedrich Smetana. Sort of a piece of musical nationalism, it's a symphonic poem about a river in his Bohemian homeland. I'd love it for the beautiful "river" theme alone, but it takes you along the entire course of the river's journey, through land and by people.

Doc, I enjoyed listening to that piece of music. It really does sound like a river.

Doc, I enjoyed listening to that piece of music. It really does sound like a river.

It does doesn't it?

I love that piece you posted. You can just get lost in the emotions and sound of that music. Reminds me of Clint Mansell.

I love that piece you posted. You can just get lost in the emotions and sound of that music. Reminds me of Clint Mansell.

Thank you Doc. I thought it was awesome from the first time I heard it.

My favorite group right now: Infected Mushroom

The best of progressive psychedelic electronic music today (IMO).

Becoming Insane

Special Place

And many, many, many more...

The Doobie Brothers-

Crazy stuff Hans, I like it, they keep mixing up some interesting instrumentation.

Doobie Bros.!

Sorry if I'm spamming but this all some damn good music,a lot I've never heard, radio Ex-c could be a good thing for me.

Edit: Depending on where this goes, maybe we could sticky this in Ex-C life? As long as nobody quotes the media parts, we could have some great music and commentary.

I also wanted to add the best slyly humorous I've ever heard from Johnny Winter

Good stuff Par, never heard that one before.

A lil top notch hip hop for ya'll.

Here is one of my favorites:

You may have to go to full screen to watch the video.

One of the few rap songs I like

Agree. I don't like many rap songs, but that one is very good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUTJgk0HFqw

One of the few rap songs I like

It's a great song I agree but I have trouble taking it seriously ever since I saw Wierd Al Yankovich's version of it (Amish Paradise) - just makes me remember that version and laugh.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.