Sign in to follow this  
Guest Valk0010

What Are You Listening To? (Music)

On 1/31/2018 at 5:54 PM, Fweethawt said:

Ah, it's great to see them back with some new stuff. Thanks for posting this.

55 minutes ago, Citsonga said:

Ah, it's great to see them back with some new stuff. Thanks for posting this.

They almost didn't bother making another album because they lost their ass due to illegal downloading of their last one.

They even made a video spoofing how bad it was. Although they don't come right out and say it, the little skits in between parts of the song are pretty explanatory. 

18 minutes ago, Fweethawt said:

They almost didn't bother making another album because they lost their ass due to illegal downloading of their last one.

That sucks. I bought the last CD and I'll probably buy the new one, too.

16 minutes ago, Citsonga said:

That sucks. I bought the last CD and I'll probably buy the new one, too.

Same here...

You and I have similar music interests. In case you missed my previous postings, check out a British band called The Raven Age. I've been listening the fuck out of their album, 'Darkness Will Rise' for over a month now.

9 minutes ago, Fweethawt said:

Same here...

You and I have similar music interests. In case you missed my previous postings, check out a British band called The Raven Age. I've been listening the fuck out of their album, 'Darkness Will Rise' for over a month now.

I listened to the songs you posted. They sound pretty good. I guess you're aware that one of the guitarists is the son of the bassist for Iron Maiden, right? I just noticed that Wikipedia indicates that The Raven Age has parted with their vocalist (he's listed as a former member).

3 hours ago, Citsonga said:

I listened to the songs you posted. They sound pretty good. I guess you're aware that one of the guitarists is the son of the bassist for Iron Maiden, right? I just noticed that Wikipedia indicates that The Raven Age has parted with their vocalist (he's listed as a former member).

Yeah, I was aware of all of that. They're currently auditioning for a new singer. I hope they find one that compliments their playing as well as he did.

I can't get enough of this one...

Is anyone on here familiar to Country Music? That what I'm listening to. I've been trying since before Christmas to find the lyrics for a specific song. I am new to country and wonder if anyone can help me. I've been able to catch a few lyrics here and there, but nothing comes up on the internet when I Google it. CORRECTION: Lots comes up but not the song I keep hearing on the radio. 

The outstanding line or phrase I keep hearing makes no sense but here's what it sounds like to me: Far-burner! Far-burner! Far bur babe.

Some more lyrics, not necessarily in the right order, not necessarily correctly heard:

It's a small town Friday night

Don't know what to do when the sun goes down

under a midnight sky we count our lucky stars

long weekend

lookout Friday night

Tuesday morning look around spend your money

Oh be small country good old fashioned far burner babe.

dalaram cricka [another nonsense word]

I like to find the songs on YouTube, and the lyrics on Google Music. Most of them I can. This one, I've been searching since before Christmas. I'll appreciate any help, if anyone on here is familiar with Country Music. Thanks in advance.

Someone of Facebook identified the song after I was able to record and post it. 

Just got Against Me!'s latest album on vinyl. I was supposed to see them live last year but missed out because of health :( Someday Laura Jane Grace!!!

I just got the brand new Judas Priest CD "Firepower" a few days ago and I can't stop listening to it. This is a great album that should easily please any classic Priest fan, and the more I listen to it the more I like it. It's being hailed by many as their greatest release since "Painkiller" (1990), and I think I have to agree because it's so solid from start to finish. Other recent albums have had a lot of great songs, too, but this one has more consistency. There's no filler at all here, nothing to ever want to skip. Enjoy!

• Like 1

@Citsonga I will definitely have to check it out! I heard a track or two on Sirius XM and liked what I heard.

Incidentally I saw Judas Priest about 10 years ago, and it was without a doubt the LOUDEST show I have ever seen. Even louder than Manowar (whom I think were at one point in the Guiness Book as the world's loudest band). \m/

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Deathportal365 said:

@Citsonga I will definitely have to check it out! I heard a track or two on Sirius XM and liked what I heard.

Incidentally I saw Judas Priest about 10 years ago, and it was without a doubt the LOUDEST show I have ever seen. Even louder than Manowar (whom I think were at one point in the Guiness Book as the world's loudest band). \m/

I love heavy music, but one of the reasons I don't go to many heavy concerts is because they're usually so friggin' loud. I like for my music to sound good and clear, not painfully loud. I've been to some shows that did sound really good, but oftentimes it seems that the guys running the soundboards think that all that matters is making it as loud as it can be (proper mix and sound quality be damned). Maybe that's true for those who just want to drink and party, but it's extremely annoying to a music aficionado like myself. I had been seriously considering going to see Judas Priest last night, but if they're that loud live, then I'm half glad that I stayed home.

2 hours ago, Citsonga said:

I love heavy music, but one of the reasons I don't go to many heavy concerts is because they're usually so friggin' loud. I like for my music to sound good and clear, not painfully loud. I've been to some shows that did sound really good, but oftentimes it seems that the guys running the soundboards think that all that matters is making it as loud as it can be (proper mix and sound quality be damned). Maybe that's true for those who just want to drink and party, but it's extremely annoying to a music aficionado like myself. I had been seriously considering going to see Judas Priest last night, but if they're that loud live, then I'm half glad that I stayed home.

Not gonna lie, the Priest show was painful. I almost left. I had intended to wear ear plugs, and forgot them. So I just got punished. I think it was one of those deals where every band was the louder than the band before it, and they headlined so they had to put it over the top. Testament opened, then Motorhead was louder, and Heaven and Hell was even louder. Priest turned it up to 11.

As I age, I find that I enjoy playing music at home more. I can play it loud if I like, or not. And I don't have to deal with hordes of drunk people and overpriced food. Ha.

• Like 1

The trick with this one is, try and make it through the entire thing without committing suicide.

This is a pretty cool mash-up of Alice in Chain's Man In the Box and Red Sun Rising's Outside. They go pretty well together.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.