Guest Valk0010

What Are You Listening To? (Music)

I just got the brand new Judas Priest CD "Firepower" a few days ago and I can't stop listening to it. This is a great album that should easily please any classic Priest fan, and the more I listen to it the more I like it. It's being hailed by many as their greatest release since "Painkiller" (1990), and I think I have to agree because it's so solid from start to finish. Other recent albums have had a lot of great songs, too, but this one has more consistency. There's no filler at all here, nothing to ever want to skip. Enjoy!

• Like 1

@Citsonga I will definitely have to check it out! I heard a track or two on Sirius XM and liked what I heard.

Incidentally I saw Judas Priest about 10 years ago, and it was without a doubt the LOUDEST show I have ever seen. Even louder than Manowar (whom I think were at one point in the Guiness Book as the world's loudest band). \m/

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Deathportal365 said:

@Citsonga I will definitely have to check it out! I heard a track or two on Sirius XM and liked what I heard.

Incidentally I saw Judas Priest about 10 years ago, and it was without a doubt the LOUDEST show I have ever seen. Even louder than Manowar (whom I think were at one point in the Guiness Book as the world's loudest band). \m/

I love heavy music, but one of the reasons I don't go to many heavy concerts is because they're usually so friggin' loud. I like for my music to sound good and clear, not painfully loud. I've been to some shows that did sound really good, but oftentimes it seems that the guys running the soundboards think that all that matters is making it as loud as it can be (proper mix and sound quality be damned). Maybe that's true for those who just want to drink and party, but it's extremely annoying to a music aficionado like myself. I had been seriously considering going to see Judas Priest last night, but if they're that loud live, then I'm half glad that I stayed home.

2 hours ago, Citsonga said:

I love heavy music, but one of the reasons I don't go to many heavy concerts is because they're usually so friggin' loud. I like for my music to sound good and clear, not painfully loud. I've been to some shows that did sound really good, but oftentimes it seems that the guys running the soundboards think that all that matters is making it as loud as it can be (proper mix and sound quality be damned). Maybe that's true for those who just want to drink and party, but it's extremely annoying to a music aficionado like myself. I had been seriously considering going to see Judas Priest last night, but if they're that loud live, then I'm half glad that I stayed home.

Not gonna lie, the Priest show was painful. I almost left. I had intended to wear ear plugs, and forgot them. So I just got punished. I think it was one of those deals where every band was the louder than the band before it, and they headlined so they had to put it over the top. Testament opened, then Motorhead was louder, and Heaven and Hell was even louder. Priest turned it up to 11.

As I age, I find that I enjoy playing music at home more. I can play it loud if I like, or not. And I don't have to deal with hordes of drunk people and overpriced food. Ha.

• Like 1

The trick with this one is, try and make it through the entire thing without committing suicide.

This is a pretty cool mash-up of Alice in Chain's Man In the Box and Red Sun Rising's Outside. They go pretty well together.

• Like 2

Please listen to Faith Marie- Antidote... it's just awesome...

• Like 1

The Raven Age got their new singer and he sounds pretty good. This is the first band that I have ever listened to that I liked each and every one of their songs right from the get-go.

This is a new one that they just made and  threw out there. It's not even off of any album as far as I know.

• Like 1

This is one of my favorite Satriani tunes.

Sweet Jesus! This band just keeps getting better and better. Four albums in and you see continuous improvement across the board.

Being Evil has a Price by The Young Heathens

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.