Guest Valk0010

What Are You Listening To? (Music)

Any one of the songs in this thread:

http://www.ex-christian.net/index.php?/topic/35914-paramore/

I guess what is interesting about them in particular is that their style constantly is changing. They where all for that rock/punk thing and it seems to be changing as they mature as a band. Good Stuff. Their best current song has to be "Brick By Boring Brick", it is deep song.

Here is a sample for the people who don't want to click:

Brick By Boring Brick

CrushCrushCrush

Guest Valk0010

To me spellbound reminds me of religion in that song

I always though this should be the Australian national anthem, though I suspect some would disagree. :grin:

Good stuff Par, never heard that one before.

A lil top notch hip hop for ya'll.

Ghetto Gospel is good. Here is my video of it:

It is in memory of two of my favourite heroes. :)

Nice, you are one true blue Trek fan. Roddenberry I know of course, the actress I don't, I could Google her but I'd rather here from you (the one in your avatar right?).

Nice, you are one true blue Trek fan. Roddenberry I know of course, the actress I don't, I could Google her but I'd rather here from you (the one in your avatar right?).

They are both Roddenberrys- husband and wife. Gene and Majel were a team and she was the First Lady of Trek. How could you not know? And yes, that is Majel Barrett Roddenberry, Gene's wife, as Lwaxana Troi in my avatar.

Guest Valk0010

They are both Roddenberrys- husband and wife. Gene and Majel were a team and she was the First Lady of Trek. How could you not know? And yes, that is Majel Barrett Roddenberry, Gene's wife, as Lwaxana Troi in my avatar.

She also was the voice behind the computers for next gen, ds9, voyager

How could you not know?

How indeed? Thanks for the info both of you.

How about some Latin Jazz?

And also Nurse Chapel in TOS, as well as the voice of the comp and #1 in The Cage.

Guest Valk0010

And also Nurse Chapel in TOS, as well as the voice of the comp and #1 in The Cage.

Your trekkie surpasses me

I always though this should be the Australian national anthem, though I suspect some would disagree. :grin:

Everyone knows the words to Waltzing Matilda, but nobody knows Advance Australia Fair. So it's kind of a de facto national anthem.

Your trekkie surpasses me

Thank you, but it does have its limits. I know a lot about Majel and her characters, Betazoids, a little about Vulcans, a lot about Marina Sirtis and Deanna Troi, Will Riker and Jonathan Frakes... You start to lose me when one gets into ship engineering. Did you know Gene and Majel have a son who is nicknamed Rod, because he is Eugene Wesley Roddenberry Jr. (Wesley, Gene's middle name, was the origin of Wesley Crusher's name).

However, I digress and am totally throwing the thread offline. So I'll shut up. Of course, if anyone wants to start an off-topic thread on Trek... I'm there!

I was reminded of this old fav by a classic rock station today.

When even Kenny Rogers was still young. That seems like eons ago.

Par4dcourse, thanks for posting that Badfinger number. Yes, I am old enough to remember it. Hey, I'm so old I even remember this one, actually one of the greatest songs of all time:

Par4dcourse, thanks for posting that Badfinger number. Yes, I am old enough to remember it. Hey, I'm so old I even remember this one, actually one of the greatest songs of all time:

Played Procol Harum live for years. Loved that song, and "Conquistador" from the same album is killer too.

Absolutely love this movie and this soundtrack.

I miss brother Jerry's sense of humor.

• Like 1

I defy anyone to listen to this song and not immediately want to go out and drink, dance and possibly fight. Doesn't matter how shitty my day's been, hearing the opening notes never fails to improve my mood.

And one from Flogging Molly (whom I usually prefer to the Dropkick Murphys, but Shipping Up to Boston is just perfect).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDwlGbEcJ6Y

• Like 2

And switching gears (if not necessarily genre; I have what probably borders on an unhealthy obsession for Celtic music):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMazwBCa9yU

That and The Highwayman are probably McKennitt's most iconic songs, but I think my personal favorite is Lullaby.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.