Goodbye Jesus

is ressurection possible

willybilly30

im not talking about the bible thats silly.

im just wondering see scientist now say threw stem cell research they may able too be able too make organs. also in cloning they can make another body.

and in graves all the dna and body is in their so if its anything in the original body they need they can get it.

so could they possible repair the body and ressurect the dead.

they already say someday they will threw cryogenics.

just wondering what everyone thinks.

seems like they could but i dont know.

id like too beleave some how or another we get too live again.

is their any proof their is or isnt an afterlife?

i hope their is an after life i got so many dead famiy members i miss.

Well, I will believe it after they can find a way to return a boiled egg to it's original state.

i guess when your dead your pretty much screwed.

a cloned copy wouldnt be you itd be like having a twin.

When the brain has started to break down, it's practically impossible to revive a person and retain any memories. But to replace the whole body with artificial or donor parts will eventually be possible. They might even be able to regenerate/replace dead brain cells, but would require retraining of those parts.

What about that dog they killed...filled it's body with a fluid to preserve it in a stasis and then refilled the dog with fresh blood and it was revived??

Don't you guys remember reading about this???

When the brain has started to break down, it's practically impossible to revive a person and retain any memories. But to replace the whole body with artificial or donor parts will eventually be possible. They might even be able to regenerate/replace dead brain cells, but would require retraining of those parts.

99370[/snapback]

Impossible now maybe....but a lot of things were impossible 100 years ago are routine today.

As far as resurrecting the dead, I think probably not. However, medical technology is pushing further and further what is considered to be dead. Today people are brought back from states that would have been considered dead in the past.

Anyway, I think that the essence of a person (his/her memories, personality, feelings, etc) is contained within the brain, and if the brain is gone, that person, too, is gone. However, there are cryogenic technologies now that can preserve the brain of a person who is today declared "clinically dead", but may potentially be revived in the future, pending new technologies in unfreezing and restarting the brain. This I believe is possible.

The real trick would be to avert death in the first place, with replacement organs and regenerative technologies. :grin:

When the brain has started to break down, it's practically impossible to revive a person and retain any memories.

That is kind of what when through my head.

What about that dog they killed...filled it's body with a fluid to preserve it in a stasis and then refilled the dog with fresh blood and it was revived??

Don't you guys remember reading about this???

99424[/snapback]

Yes. They slowly chilled the dogs, replaced the blod with a saline solution, and stopped the heart.

Kept them in suspended state for 3 hours, and slowly revived them again, by warming up, replace the saline with blod again, and jumped the heart.

And the dogs still remembered their old tricks.

Impossible now maybe....but a lot of things were impossible 100 years ago are routine today.

99701[/snapback]

The key is in what words I used. When the brain have started to break down, deteriorate, rotten, you can't restore the synapses. You can't guess where they were supposed to be. As an example, take a painting, burn it up in fire, destroy the ashes. There's no way you can restore the original painting, because the original is destroyed.

But if you keep the brain intact, without deterioration, like in a suspended state, I'm convinced they'll find ways of reviving it. (Like the dog story above)

If it was possible to scan a brain for all billion atoms, and quarks, and their relative positions and spins, then we maybe in the future be able to make perfect clones with retained memory. But we're talking about breaking the laws of quantum physics to do this. (Can't read a position and direction at the same time.)

But there might be a way how memory and personality of a person could be retained and given "eternal" life. But it's just a little theory of mine, and I'm not sure I can explain it...

A really interesting guy Ray Kurzweil has a new book "Singularity" http://www.singularity.com/

that talks about the prospect of transferring a personality and all its memories onto a hardware platform. He's giving it about a 30-40 year timeframe before it becomes a workable practice. I recommend this and his other books as being entertaining and informative.

If you are interested in a more far flung example of possible resurrection in Sci-Fi format; I suggest A. C Clark & Steven Baxter's "The Light of Other Days"

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...746554?v=glance

It deals with issues like personal privacy, and the possibility of using wormholes to view events in the past. It eventually becomes possible to remote brain scan the people being viewed and recreate them in a virtual life.

Do you know what I thought it read????  :wicked:   :wicked:

99761[/snapback]

erection lol

whats seems impossible now mabe possible years and years from now.

i i guess ongly the people that can afford too go to a cryogenics place has a sure fire chance of living again.

While I certainly won't discount the possiblity in the future, I'm not so sure the cryo people have a chance. Seems to me, you'd have a much better chance if you were frozen before you're dead.

Anybody seen "Ghost in the Shell"? It deals alot with the idea of identity in a society where you can have your "ghost" (your personality or soul if you if will) transferred into cybernetic brains or even (in the case of the main character) into the web itself.

Interesting stuff...

While I certainly won't discount the possiblity in the future, I'm not so sure the cryo people have a chance.  Seems to me, you'd have a much better chance if you were frozen before you're dead.

Anybody seen "Ghost in the Shell"?  It deals alot with the idea of identity in a society where you can have your "ghost" (your personality or soul if you if will) transferred into cybernetic brains or even (in the case of the main character) into the web itself. 

Interesting stuff...

99854[/snapback]

Yes, that's where I got the idea from! I knew it was something I've seen...

I think in the future it will be possible to wireless connect to advanced servers where you browse and interact with internet all the time, without an external interface. And if the server stores your memories and experiences, eventually your identity will be more inside the internet, a virtual existence rather than the biological. And you biological experience will eventually become obsolete, and your life and consciousness will be in the virtual world instead. We think it's scary, but it could come in slow progress and people get used to it, and no one see it as odd or scary when it finally happens.

If it was possible to scan a brain for all billion atoms, and quarks, and their relative positions and spins, then we maybe in the future be able to make perfect clones with retained memory. But we're talking about breaking the laws of quantum physics to do this. (Can't read a position and direction at the same time.)

99753[/snapback]

I don't think it'd be crucial to have every single atom in the same place, but certainly the neurons (and all the other bits) should be in the right spots, which is plenty hard enough.

Of course, when we get to the point where we can replicate a personailty and control all the details that go along with that, I think it'll probably be close to the point where the individual, unique personality will no longer matter.

I don't think it'd be crucial to have every single atom in the same place, but certainly the neurons (and all the other bits) should be in the right spots, which is plenty hard enough.

Of course, when we get to the point where we can replicate a personailty and control all the details that go along with that, I think it'll probably be close to the point where the individual, unique personality will no longer matter.

99952[/snapback]

The first step is to understand how the neurons work and how the information is stored. It's still a lot of questions unanswered. But if there's a way of tracing each neuron synaptic and the "values" stored in each nucleus (is that what it's called?), maybe it would be possible.

i was always taught growing up that even if we could clone someone, that it wouldnt be "alive" because it wouldnt have a soul...therefore would just be a vegetable...i say we should go for it...ethics be damned, so we can prove the fundies that we can recreate life

i was always taught growing up that even if we could clone someone, that it wouldnt be "alive" because it wouldnt have a soul...therefore would just be a vegetable...i say we should go for it...ethics be damned, so we can prove the fundies that we can recreate life

100146[/snapback]

why would a clone not have a soul? iv heard the argument before but i dont get it.

why would a clone not have a soul? iv heard the argument before but i dont get it.

100806[/snapback]

In my opinion, clones will have its own "soul". I even think that animals have "souls".

In my opinion, clones will have its own "soul". I even think that animals have "souls".

100807[/snapback]

i think so too.

Nobody's proven that souls exist. Either every living thing (except perhaps plants) has one, or it doesn't. Logically, I don't think the universe would distinguish between a clone or not. It's living, so whatever we have, it would have.

isnt a clone just a twin. but it didnt come from a womb like twins usually do?

Nobody's proven that souls exist.  Either every living thing (except perhaps plants) has one, or it doesn't.  Logically, I don't think the universe would distinguish between a clone or not.  It's living, so whatever we have, it would have.

101622[/snapback]