Goodbye Jesus

Miami Beach Memorial Day Shooting May 30th 2011, Cellphone Video

Dillinger

Here is yet another police shooting of a black man. and the cops trying desperately to grab all the cameras and grabbing a cell phone and smashing the evidence. Typical piggery. the guy the cops grabbed the cell phone from was able to get the Sandisk out and hide it.

I wish i knew how to embed video. So thats the youtube video there

Teen's arrested for filming police: http://digitallife.today.com/_news/2011/05/20/6682855-teens-arrest-for-filming-police-marks-an-alarming-trend

Cops are starting to consider a video recording device to be a weapon.

Teen's arrested for filming police: http://digitallife.today.com/_news/2011/05/20/6682855-teens-arrest-for-filming-police-marks-an-alarming-trend

Maybe Overcame Faith can comment on this, but I believe using wire tapping laws against citizens is a misapplication of the 4th Amendment, which restricts the government, not private citizens.

Maybe Overcame Faith can comment on this, but I believe using wire tapping laws against citizens is a misapplication of the 4th Amendment, which restricts the government, not private citizens.

Video recording in public is allowed. No expectancy of privacy. It's only sound (voice recording) that is covered by wire tap laws. That's my understanding at least.

What's going on here is that many cops believe they have the right to decide what is lawful or not on the spot. They make up the street laws, act as judge and jury, and executor of penalty.

They may be passing local statutes banning it, but I'm not sure how this works. I'm not aware of constitutional protections that allow people to freely film/record in public. Nevertheless, it sets a very dangerous precedent that is a direct attack on the people and a strengthening of police power. And how do they reconcile this with the fact that security cameras film at will virtually everywhere?

The Fourth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution is a restriction on the government only. It's text is as follows:

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Wiretapping laws may restrict the government beyond what the Fourth Amendment requires but may not grant powers which the Fourth Amendment forbids. However, wiretapping laws may also be applied to private citizens so long as they do not unduly restrict an individual's other rights recognized by the Constitution or enshrined in various statutes.

• Like 1

as a whole what happens is that police will and can do what ever they want they crab all your stuff then arrest you and then you have to sort it all out in court. When i was just 18 years old i had a whole collection of Marx Lennon and Mao it was over a 150 books and i had spent allot of money buying all that, i had had a fight with another kid in the neighborhood and the cops were called and they stormed in to our apt my dad was at work they took all my books and held me down boots on my neck and screamed at me calling me fucking faggot communist. They packed up all my books and i never was able to get them back. I went to the Bell Gardens police station and they told they had destroyed them. as for anyone ever telling me that we have the freedom of speech and to read what we want in this country can suck my balls lol. oh and a detective questioned me on where i got these from and if i was a communist i had never had any training on how to be around cops, just my daddy always told me never to trust em is all. but i told that pig i was a communist just to piss him off...but to be honest i had no idea...thats why i had the books becuz i wanted to know what it was....Now i know..

Police, and other agencies of the state are not neutral actors on the social stage. The police enforce and uphold the current social order, which is capitalist. The vast resources and labor power of this nation are owned and operated in the interest of a narrow, unelected sector: the bourgeoisie, or owning class. This state of affairs is defended and preserved by armed agents of the capitalist state, an apparatus of bourgeois rule used to preserve and administrate this lopsided system.