Goodbye Jesus

Lucifer Is No Fallen Angel

Tabula Rasa

This guy has done a couple of books about how Lucifer and Satan don't even truly appear in the Bible, and were invented by man.

Here's a video he did as an intro to the idea he presents.

Lucifer was probably a king that fell prior to the Jews moving to Jerusalem from Babylon about 500 years before Jesus. The Jews brought Judaism with them, a Babylonian mystery religion. Perhaps it was this king's fall that influenced the Jews to move to Jerusalem? The OT was not written until that time.

He's absolutely right. "Lucifer" wasn't actually a name, and the passage is clearly addressed to the king of Babylon. I've made this very point to Christians in online debates; it tends to catch them off guard, but it's simply the truth.

I may have to check out this guy's books.

Lucif fer (Luci - fer) literally means 'bearer of light'. Lucifer is central to the cryptic tenets of freemasonry, in which he is regarded as the supreme architect of the universe.

Guest Babylonian Dream

Lucifer is simply the latin translation of the hebrew. Its got nothing to do with the latin (or was it greek?) meaning "light bearer". He's right, it was about the morning star. Isaiah was referencing the pagan tale of the gods who usurped power from Baal Hadad, which included Athtar (god of the morning star), who were later defeated.

Yes, Lucifer was the morning star, supposedly a beautiful angel, according to the babble. The anti-Christ is supposed to be influenced by Lucifer. If Lucifer was the talking snake in Eden, then he gave us knowledge. Knowledge is the killer of Christianity and against Christ, the anti-Christ will be bold in knowledge and cunning. Weird reasoning skills but I've heard this my whole life. Free Masonry is bad mouthed by xtians as a secret society, however, I have seen many members of the church also Free Masons. Christianity always has hypocritical members. Knowledge will destroy faith and bring about the end of Christianity. Hopefully Muslims and Christians will not nuke the planet into dust before they lose power as a religion?

Here's a cut & paste from a post I made in another recent thread on this very same thing:

The Greeks originally had two names for the planet since it comes out in the morning and at night and they had no way of knowing that it was the same thing. They did figure this out but they kept up they two names since they already had the stories in place. Lucifer corresponds to the name for the morning version. The gist of the name for both (roughly "light bearer" or "light bringer" as has been mentioned) is that the light of day followed the planet (then a wandering star but no matter). The other concept is that they couldn't figure out why it failed to follow the other planets (wandering stars) all the way through the sky but only went part way up then back down. So if you apply this to "Satan" you can see that the story of how he starts his rise, then pride gets in the way, then he falls down to earth, all follows the path of the planet then it all makes very logical sense (the same for the poem to the king of Babylon too really but no one tends to think about him).

So those are the two meanings. The star ushers in the light (of day) which can be "jesus" (which is whatever metaphor you choose for that) or it can be a metaphor for a rise and fall since the star never can cross the sky like the others (the Sun, Moon, Mars, Jupiter or Saturn...Mercury also doesn't cross the sky but it's too difficult to really see since it's so close to the Sun and isn't bright like Venus). I guess there could be other meanings but these are the two that matter here. I also think I should mention that, I believe it's in 1 Enoch(?), that there is a connection between the stars and the angels just as there is a similar type of connection in the Revelation so a star falling to earth being connected to an angel falling to earth is not a stretch by any means.

mwc