Goodbye Jesus

I Don't Miss The Music

AaronOz

Worship music is awful!!! so hollow and soul less.

I especially dislike the ones that have the kind of repetitive chimey U2 ish ringing guitar sound, you know.

I fucking hated worship music. I would always squirm throughout the 45 minutes that my Pentecostal congregation would devote to it on Sunday morning. Although every once in a while I would fill in on bass, and I would enjoy it then. Also, I can understand why it's simple. Years ago my church was dwindling pretty badly and there was nobody left to do worship for the youth group, so the youth pastor taught himself guitar from nothing. He was able to play 8 or 9 worship songs after three months. Shoddily... but he could do it. Not everyone has been playing guitar since they were 10 years old, with professional lessons and all that.

As for Christian rock. Most of it was shit but there were a precious few bands that were genuinely good. For example, I still believe that Tourniquet has as much merit as any other late 80s thrash metal band you can possibly name (except for maybe Metallica in their prime; and I'm talking the late 80s, not the early 90s, people!), and they should have been much more well-known than they were. Shit, they could've been, had they not stayed in the Jesus Ghetto.

I had a friend in the Pentecostal church I used to go to who was a really nice guy. He was a technical guitarist and played like Vai/Satriani and liked metal. He was a really calm, shy introverted guy and wasn't hyper like the others, I realy liked talking to him, he was amazing on guitar. Of all the people I left there he is the one I wish I had gotton to know better and like to see now. I can't even remember his name, I just called him guitar guy.

Anybody ever miss christian gangsta rap? Well this would qualify as christian gangsta wannabe rap. Check this sh*t out? Can somebody please tell me if these guys are for real?!!

Anybody ever miss christian gangsta rap? Well this would qualify as christian gangsta wannabe rap. Check this sh*t out? Can somebody please tell me if these guys are for real?!!

I followed the trail of that video. That video was a parody, but one of the people in the video is in a Christian rock band that tries to pretend it's not Christian so they can suck you in. That kind of deception really pisses me off.