Goodbye Jesus

Treatment Of Animals In Catholic Countries

Paradox

I don't suppose I am the only one who has noticed that in Catholic countries animals get treated as though they are just soulless machines. This is a mindset in tune with the old-time teachings of the Vatican. The bastards who are responsible for and are so negligent about the desperate conditions of stray dogs and the typically bad treatment (even when in domestic environment) of animals in, for example, Ireland can go to hell.

(I have heard that the clergy are not exactly kind to kids, either.)

Animals have no souls! Therefore they can be treated anyway we want! That's the Christian view. History bears this out very well.

...And nonChristians are of the strict belief that animals do have souls? What in the world seems to indicate they do have souls?

Christians propogate the anthro-centric world view that humans are the pennicle of life and thus deserve to dominate the earth at any costs.

The opposite of that mindset is not "animals have souls."

perhaps our modern view of 'soul' is the possesion of 'consciousness' in some sense. I belive that higher animals do have a form of consciousness. Which is why they deserve rights of some kind

Animals have no souls! Therefore they can be treated anyway we want! That's the Christian view. History bears this out very well.

John Wesley believed in the soul of animals.

As far as I'm concerned, anything with a central nervous system is sentient.

John Wesley believed in the soul of animals.

As far as I'm concerned, anything with a central nervous system is sentient.

Yes, I do understand there are some exceptions to the statement that animals have no souls. There are some exceptional Christians who certainly treated animals humanely.

Yes, anything with a central nervous system is sentient.