Goodbye Jesus

Daniel, a question for you.

The Silent One

So he keeps in his head the fundamental question about life, the universe and everything? Let's crack his skull open and search inside his neurons!

Or just do a CAT scan, less of a mess to clean up afterwards.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• daniel_1012

• Fweethawt

• The Silent One

• Amethyst

Or just do a CAT scan, less of a mess to clean up afterwards.

101263[/snapback]

...but I want to do some skull cracking! It's so relaxing! :twitch:

*sees fweethawt and beccas going around in tall cocktail glasses...*

Then, by God's grace, Jesus revealed Himself to me a week later after I had prayed this prayer that He make Himself known. Now, for sometime before this I had felt a call in my heart to change my life... to remove sin as I saw Jesus preached against it. Lust, hate, lying... I had been trying to remove things I knew were wrong in my life for quite sometime before I became a Christian. But, it wasn't enough. I knew I had to know Him, and I knew I needed forgiveness. -- another key to His revelation. I knew I needed forgiveness. And so, that week after I prayed... suddenly in a way I can't really explain to any of you... a revelation hit me like a ton of bricks while I was driving in my car. He revealed to me the power of the cross, the power of forgiveness, and the sin in my life that was holding me accountable. He showed me the great repentance I was in need of... and I sobbed uncontrollably.

Hmmm....could you be a bit more specific about what Jesus revealed to you? Do you mean you actually saw him? Like, you can tell us what colour clothes he was wearing and give us a description?

And how was the power of the cross revealed to you? How do you know such power is from the cross at all? How have you chosen to discount the possibility of interference from other gods?

Please don't assume I'm out to invalidate your experiences - I'm interested in the specifics. I mean - how do I know that my drastic mood swings, which leaves me happy one moment and cutting myself the next, aren't caused by the power of the cross?

And if I told myself that I should go into the city, and there will be someone that I need to help at the train station, and there is indeed a homeless beggar at the train station - does that mean my prophetic powers rival that of god?