Goodbye Jesus

So god created humans,huh?

Guest fuct>

Guest riker115
Atheism doesn't hinge on science, dumbass.  Lack of belief doesn't require any knowledge at all.

Atheological arguments use logical proofs, not science.

Lol you summed it up well there. You play silly logic games like God creating a burrito too hot to eat or a rock too heavy for him to lift saying if he can do one he can't do the other. You play word games to hold up your belief in a creationless universe and it's not realy supprising that atheiests and evolutionists ignore science as it constantly conflicts and has never supported natural selection as a source for new genetic information. There has never been a documented genetic mutation that has been benificial or that has created any information that wasn't already there. Even sickle cell animia a genetic mutation that has the benifit of protecting from malaria is present in every human, but is genetically switched off in most humans.

How does evolution account for every human devoloping a genetic information that they don't use and wouldn't help them anyway? The genetic coding for all the diferent breeds of dogs and horses have always been present. Darwin based most his spieces research based on the breeding of horses and dogs, but if you look at the 1000's of breeds of dogs that have emmerged in just a few centuries that hardly accounts for the creation of any new genetic information. If evolution takes long periods of time to weed out benificial and harmful atributes it can hardly be used to explain the many breeds of dogs and horses we have today.

So with no transitional spiecies fossils, no way to account for the formation of DNA let alone a coinciding cell or other means to reproduce it, no evidence for the creation of genetic material I don't see how evolution is any less of a belief system than Christianity.

And again for those who don't base their lack of belief/hatred of God on evolution know that no word game you play makes God exist or fail to exist. God's existance has nothing to do with the word games you play to confuse yourselves.

To be thourogh I'm going to take some time and gather facts about the bible. Despite the contradictions and apparent contradictions it does not mean that there is no truth to be found in the bible. While I do this I beg anyone to bring forth one atheological statement or one single shread of proof for an evolutionary creation of anything. When we have all made our cases then we can debate.

This means that if you are going to make baseless claims please don't waste our time posting. If you respond saying there are facts for your view link or post them please.

Lol you summed it up well there.  You play silly logic games like God creating a burrito too hot to eat or a rock too heavy for him to lift saying if he can do one he can't do the other.

Huh?

You play word games to hold up your belief in a creationless universe and it's not realy supprising that atheiests and evolutionists ignore science as it constantly conflicts and has never supported natural selection as a source for new genetic information.

Natural selection isn't a source for new genetic info. Mutation is.

There has never been a documented genetic mutation that has been benificial or that has created any information that wasn't already there.  Even sickle cell animia a genetic mutation that has the benifit of protecting from malaria is present in every human, but is genetically switched off in most humans.

Hmm...interesting. So if I find one documented genetic mutation, you wont shift your goalposts?

How does evolution account for every human devoloping a genetic information that they don't use and wouldn't help them anyway?

YOu mean junk DNA? It accounts because a lot of it's vestigial.

The genetic coding for all the diferent breeds of dogs and horses have always been present.  Darwin based most his spieces research based on the breeding of horses and dogs, but if you look at the 1000's of breeds of dogs that have emmerged in just a few centuries that hardly accounts for the creation of any new genetic information.  If evolution takes long periods of time to weed out benificial and harmful atributes it can hardly be used to explain the many breeds of dogs and horses we have today.

What? Evolution is change over time, new breeds of dogs is a perfect example (although because we breed dogs, and they are domesticated, it's more of a controlled evolution.

So with no transitional spiecies fossils, no way to account for the formation of DNA let alone a coinciding cell or other means to reproduce it, no evidence for the creation of genetic material I don't see how evolution is any less of a belief system than Christianity.

There are tons of transitional species fossils.

And again for those who don't base their lack of belief/hatred of God on evolution know that no word game you play makes God exist or fail to exist.  God's existance has nothing to do with the word games you play to confuse yourselves.

What word games?

To be thourogh I'm going to take some time and gather facts about the bible.  Despite the contradictions and apparent contradictions it does not mean that there is no truth to be found in the bible.  While I do this I beg anyone to bring forth one atheological statement or one single shread of proof for an evolutionary creation of anything.  When we have all made our cases then we can debate.

Debate is an exchange of cases. I can start now if you want.

This means that if you are going to make baseless claims please don't waste our time posting.  If you respond saying there are facts for your view link or post them please.

Because you've provided ample amounts of proof/evidence, right?

Guest Son of Belial
Lol you summed it up well there.  You play silly logic games like God creating a burrito too hot to eat or a rock too heavy for him to lift saying if he can do one he can't do the other.

Huh? Nobody played any word games with you. They were providing a rebuttal of your statements using science.

Darwin based most his spieces research based on the breeding of horses and dogs, but if you look at the 1000's of breeds of dogs that have emmerged in just a few centuries that hardly accounts for the creation of any new genetic information.  If evolution takes long periods of time to weed out benificial and harmful atributes it can hardly be used to explain the many breeds of dogs and horses we have today.

If the earth has existed for millions of years, that provides plenty of time for dog breeds to evolve. As for the many breeds in the past few hundred years, you do realize that many of the ancient breeds are no longer in existence, right? The new breeds you see are cross-breeds created by man for some purpose.

I like how you think though. It doesn't make sense to say that dogs evolved with different attributes in different situations; it's more logical to say that God went "Now I'm going to make a BIG DOG. Now let's make a little dog! Oooh! Let's make one with a flat face!"

And again for those who don't base their lack of belief/hatred of God on evolution know that no word game you play makes God exist or fail to exist.  God's existance has nothing to do with the word games you play to confuse yourselves.

Thanks for telling us this.

To be thourogh I'm going to take some time and gather facts about the bible.  Despite the contradictions and apparent contradictions it does not mean that there is no truth to be found in the bible.

There are contradictions and truths found in all world religions. So how is your different, if you admit your contains contradictions?

This means that if you are going to make baseless claims please don't waste our time posting.  If you respond saying there are facts for your view link or post them please.

Oh I see, you're the webmaster now.

To be thourogh (sic) I'm going to take some time and gather facts about the bible. Despite the contradictions and apparent contradictions it does not mean that there is no truth to be found in the bible. While I do this I beg anyone to bring forth one atheological statement or one single shread (sic) of proof for an evolutionary creation of anything. When we have all made our cases then we can debate.

Can you clarify your position on the Bible please riker? Is it God's word in it's entirety, inspired and infallible? Or is it a flawed book that nonetheless contains much which is true? From the quote the latter seems to be what you think. If so, then I assume by implication you'd agree that some of the bible is not literally true? In which case I'd like to know on what basis your faith in non-evolution stands? Thanks.

When you see a building in the middle of construction, is it an article of religious faith with you that it will be completed?

The burden of proof is on your court.

You know when it comes to creation and evolution it all boils down to "probablities". What is the most probable? A invisible unprovable god created us or we came about by chance over millions of years?

You may bitch about that we do not have proof but all the other scientific disciplines are not pointing up to the sky. Besides just giving up on our quest for how we came to be and saying god did it is a big cop-out. Its it saying fuck it and sticking your head in the sand. We will never ever find out if we just default to god every time this issue comes up.

As far a technology and knowledge goes, we are in our infantcy but given enough time we will know for sure. It was only 400 years ago that people "thought" the world was flat and was the center of the universe and thanks to your religion, that mentality lasted way over its time. Relgion does not discover or invent things, that is always done by ones with moer secular leanings. All relgion does is fuck up human advancment and impede knowledege. Not to mention it is not very friendly to our basic liberties.

You think your relgion is the one with the true message? Sorry bud but there are others out there claiming the same divine BS. As a matter of fact ever sense we stated thinking way back, people invented gods to explain things they could not. What make your relgion the true relgion?

You are just another dumbass with a weak mind.

You think so small.

I'm game. Let me see if I can provide any info that might help...

"There has never been a documented genetic mutation that has been benificial or that has created any information that wasn't already there. "

Beneficial mutuations

"So with no transitional spiecies fossils,"

Transitional fossils

"no way to account for the formation of DNA"

Formation of DNA

I'm no expert (though I have taken a few college level courses in my time), but it seems to me to information is out their and very easy to find... If you're willing to look for it.

:woohoo:

(just be glad I saw this before Neil, he isn't nearly as nice to people who revel in their ignorance of scientific processes... :wicked: )

1. Amino acids are the building blocks of DNA. You know (or maybe not from how you post..) things like guanine, cytosine, etc. DNA is found in the NUCLEUS of the cell, and the cell contains a bunch of other things, like mitochondria and plasma and stuff.

2. If you are looking for genetic mutations that produce something entirely new and non-detrimental in one generation of mutations, no kidding you won’t find it. The kind of evolution you are looking for takes A REALLY LONG TIME. Not just 50 years :lmao:

3. Scientists fully know they don’t know everything about the human body and genetics, and yet you slam on them for what has yet to be discovered? Give me a break!! And as far as dog breeds, that gets down to phenotypes, not genotypes. Expressed genetics. Just like humans, genes code for hair color, eye color, eye shape, body shape, body size, etc. If you know anything about genetics, you then know that you can take the phenotypes of two parents and predict at least half of what their children may look like. Take the grandparents and you can predict even closer the possibilities of how the grandchildren may look. If you have the genotypes for the parents, say for eye color, then you know exactly the four chromosomal possibilities for the each child, and each four separate genotypes. Which usually lends itself to two different phenotypes, depending on the level of homozygosity/heterozygosity found within said chromosomes.

4. Looking for transitional fossils is about as productive as digging a hole to China. They don’t exist because they are a purely Christian-trying-to-disprove-Evolution-through-faulty-logic notion. You are never going to find a fossil of a dog turning into a cat. You will however, find plenty of fossils for things like australopithecines and the like.. okay, not plenty, but the DO exist, like it or not.

5. On ‘word games’ as you like to put it – YOU do realize, don’t you, that no faulty logic attempts you make are going to make God exist either, right?

6. Why should anyone bring any proof on evolution when you will continue to make false arguments against it? Why should anyone waste their time?

7. Are you buddies with Duane Gish or something? You two have too much in common :banghead:

Wait...time out... :clap:

OK.....so you're bringing your bible and we're going to have a shin dig throw down here...

But please understand, that knowing the kind of stuff that's in there...I really can't see much of a argument on your end.......

THIS IS THE KINDA STUFF I'M TALKING ABOUT AS AN EXAMPLE:

Leviticus: (14:2-52)

God's treatment for leprosy:

Get two birds. Kill one. Dip the live bird in the blood of the dead one. Sprinkle the blood on the leper seven times, and then let the blood-soaked bird fly away. Next find a lamb and kill it. Wipe some of its blood on the patient's right ear, thumb, and big toe. Sprinkle seven times with oil and wipe some of the oil on his right ear, thumb and big toe. Repeat. Finally find another pair of birds. Kill one and dip the live bird in the dead bird's blood. Wipe some blood on the patient's right ear, thumb, and big toe. Sprinkle the house with blood 7 times. That's all there is to it.

:shrug::twitch:

Lisa

Also, I've noticed you tend to lump THREE scientific theories under the name of evolution. Which ones, you may ask?

1. Big Bang Theory. The main existing scientific theory on the origins of the universe.

2. Abiogenesis Theory. The theory of how life was created from non-life.

3. Evolution. The theory that deals with the changes in allele frequencies over a given amount of time.

And yes, we can't actually prove the first two. Science is still working on that. It may take us hundreds of years before we gather enough proof for either, if we ever do.

EVOLUTION, however, we have proven. How does evolution work? We're still fine-tuning that. We've got a bunch of hypotheses on it, and they aren't really mutually exclusive, so the real answer is probably a mix of all of 'em.

You say you have read several college text books on this matter. However, your lack of understanding of the differences between three of science's most important theories would suggest otherwise. I knew the difference before I entered college. They are not hard concepts.

PS: And be glad it's me pointing it out. I did it in a nicer way than Mr. Neil would've.

Lol you summed it up well there. You play silly logic games like God creating a burrito too hot to eat or a rock too heavy for him to lift saying if he can do one he can't do the other.

PROVE IT. Give me ONE EXAMPLE where we did this to you. JUST ONE.

You play word games to hold up your belief in a creationless universe and it's not realy supprising that atheiests and evolutionists ignore science as it constantly conflicts and has never supported natural selection as a source for new genetic information.

Except that it has COUNTLESS TIMES. We've shown you this, and yet you continue to maintain your lies. Funny thing, that: you say we ignore facts, yet you're doing just that...

There has never been a documented genetic mutation that has been benificial or that has created any information that wasn't already there. Even sickle cell animia a genetic mutation that has the benifit of protecting from malaria is present in every human, but is genetically switched off in most humans.

Anyone else see a contradiction?

How does evolution account for every human devoloping a genetic information that they don't use and wouldn't help them anyway?

We don't know everything about it all yet, and even when we do, chances are that a lot of what we have encoded in our DNA is stuff we're not using ANYMORE. That's the things about our world today - we're really very far from our roots. Not that that's a bad thing, mind you - I like living to see 21.

The genetic coding for all the diferent breeds of dogs and horses have always been present.[/quote

PROVE IT.

Darwin based most his spieces research based on the breeding of horses and dogs, but if you look at the 1000's of breeds of dogs that have emmerged in just a few centuries that hardly accounts for the creation of any new genetic information.

Incorrect presumption - you presume that breeding must cause new information to form, rather than modifying what is already there.

If evolution takes long periods of time to weed out benificial and harmful atributes it can hardly be used to explain the many breeds of dogs and horses we have today.

Man has stunted the evolution of the dog. See: pug.

So with no transitional spiecies fossils, no way to account for the formation of DNA let alone a coinciding cell or other means to reproduce it, no evidence for the creation of genetic material(...)

All those lies have been well-covered.

I don't see how evolution is any less of a belief system than Christianity.

Fuck you. Your unoriginality is unoriginal. HOW MANY TIMES have we been subject to those bullshit lines? Ask the webmaster - maybe he keeps count. Granted, you'd have to use a supercomputer to add up the number of times people have used the "atheism is a religion" chestnut...

And again for those who don't base their lack of belief/hatred of God on evolution know that no word game you play makes God exist

You admit it.

or fail to exist. God's existance has nothing to do with the word games you play to confuse yourselves.

Your god's existence hinges on merely being there. Unfortunately for you, you haven't given one real piece of evidence to support your assertions - just the same old lies we've heard so often it's no longer fun to debunk them.

To be thourogh I'm going to take some time and gather facts about the bible.

I should warn you - that's going into a laser-battle with a stick.

Despite the contradictions and apparent contradictions it does not mean that there is no truth to be found in the bible.

Maybe, but there are one HELL of a lot more lies and untruths than truths!

While I do this I beg anyone to bring forth one atheological statement or one single shread of proof for an evolutionary creation of anything.

"Atheological statement"? What in the High Holy Hat-Fuck is that?!

And as for your other statement, we've already done that, and you pull the same bullshit every other creationist pulls - you just wave it all off as "falehoods from biased atheist secular scientists" and never address anything.

When we have all made our cases then we can debate.

Sorry, I don't attack unarmed opponents.

This means that if you are going to make baseless claims please don't waste our time posting. If you respond saying there are facts for your view link or post them please.

Mr. Kettle, Mr. Pot's back on line 2, he says it's urgent. Something about color again.

Boy, you're just really interested in tossing yourself into the crossfire without even thinking of how badly you're going to get pounded. So be it - it's your ego, you let it get flattened.

Liar.

EDIT: WHY is the code not working?!

I'm kinda eager to see Neil jump into the fray...

Guest Son of Belial
I'm kinda eager to see Neil jump into the fray...

Same here. I'm not very knowledgable about evolution and all the biological, scientific terms used, but I like reading the explanations and learning about it. That's why I like Neil's posts; he talks so that idiots can understand what he's saying. I admit when it comes to biology and so forth, I'm something of an idiot. I'm sure the Christians will jump on this statement, but all I can say is that at least I admit to being ignorant of some topics...

• 2 weeks later...
To be thourogh I'm going to take some time and gather facts about the bible.

I'll bet you've amassed quite a stack of facts by now riker115.

Science has not yet shown how life can be created so your atheism is still as much of a religeous faith as my Christianity is.

Interesting admission.

I'll bet you've amassed quite a stack of facts by now riker115.

I don't know about you SmallStone, but I interpreted that to mean,

"I'm never coming back."

Interesting admission.

Yes...my atheism hinges on life being created in the lab...

C'mon, Asimov, you know we're all test tube babies. :lmao: GOD'S TEST TUBE BABIES. Chock-full of jock DNA that we don't need anymore, but which obviously is helpful for some reason, 'cuz, y'know, it's GOD.

You might also ask why our spinal chords wither to vestigial and useless tail-stumps; why we have an appendix that does nothing except grow sceptic and nearly kills one in five of us; why the whale and the Dolphin, creatures with all the physical characteristics of aquatic creatures have a respiratory system designed for land-based creatures, and why there is a species of Cicada in South America which reaches its full growth span after twelve months but only lives for two weeks.

Silly, silly creator.