Goodbye Jesus

Why I Love Ex-christians

AlphaToOmega

Twenty six years ago or thereabout I was asked while in a group of people what I wanted my ideal wife to be.

I answered a short reply, "I want her to be an ex Christian, to have kept the moral's but left the faith."

Few understood back then what I meant.

I'll try to explain that now.

Christianity provides a promise. A promise of good vs evil, a God who is just and a God who is moral beyond reproach.

That is what they push. That is what they promise. That is their whole hook in snaring people.

Ignore the hell bullshit, that's there to punish the evil ones and is a sideline for those who understand nothing but self preservation.

Those types you want to avoid and those are ones that will never leave.

What they deliver however, is a corrupt, evil piece of shit who claims he is God who kills indiscriminately men, women, children and babies at a whim.

When I said I wanted a woman who kept the morals, I didn't mean the morals in that stupid work of ancient monkeys called the Bible and what it says.

I meant the promise of an incorruptible power. One who would do the right thing no matter the cost. Never do the wrong thing regardless the cost.

That was the honey to attract the bee's. The kind of bee I wanted.

But, she could not stay following that corrupted pile of excrement called the Bible, written by egotistical male chimps who wanted nothing but power and submission from their followers.

She had to have both the wisdom and the courage to break out from the indoctrination of some of mankind's most evil perverted written works.

She also had to do it on her own.

That's a huge sacrifice. For many, it means giving up family and friends to do what is right, to risk eternal damnation because they have morals and the guts to say so.

When one honestly reads that vile vomit there is no other choice but to leave it. To stay is hypocritical.

And that's what I wanted.

Someone who would not be swayed by the words of lies. Someone to have the wisdom to see it for the lies they really are and the courage to risk all and go against it because its the right thing to do.

To risk the love of their family and friends and risk eternal hell fire. Because, its the right thing to do.

That is what I married. A woman who saw the lies, the hypocrisy, the evil and stood up against it even at the risk of losing friends and family. And she did pay the price.

While she many be very special to me, she's not unique.There are many others.

All of you here have to some degree, some more, some less done the same thing.

That is an achievement not many will ever do nor could do and you should all know that.

So I'm telling you all now. Really, you all have the balls to do something that so many others would pee their pants over.

You stood up for what's right.

That in my mind makes you one step closer to being worthy of my time.

What? I am God after all, I don't have the time to be with everyone. You should all consider yourselves lucky to be in my eternal presence.

If you thought I was going to blow smoke up your asses with this post, you have another thing coming.

Glory!

Don't kneel or bow. I hate that shit!

Any Christians reading this. Leave Christianity now and do the right thing.

Stay, and you aren't worthy of my farts and trust me, they are worse than hell and damnation that your preacher speaks of.

Glory!

• Like 2

That was almost romantic. lmao_99.gif

It should encourage people though. You have noticed something that I have - the people here are strong in the courage department and yet many of them continue to berate themselves or feel miserable.

One definition of courage is to do what needs to be done in spite of being afraid . If you aren't afraid, it isn't courage.

Life is so short, and I'm so glad I didn't waste all of it with the lies. I'm also glad that I've learned to let go of the pain so I can enjoy what this short, exciting ride has to have offer.

I like the way you think, SciFi - instead of mourning my lost 25 years as a Xian, I'm usually just SO fucking thankful I'm free to be myself and enjoy the rest of my life.

You are so fortunate to have a husband who values and treasures your courage and your mind.

Yes, many women have described me as "romantic"...and if you believe that... LOL

I've read many posts here. I seen the sort of personal hell many like you have gone through yet it seems like no one ever gives themselves credit for what they have done.

Much like people you read about in war stories, that risk everything including life and limb. Many here have risked to them real "eternal damnation" do do what they think is right.

None of the people in the war stories consider themselves heroes.

None of the people here seem to even consider that what they have gone through is anything special yet it is the "baptism of fire' mentally.

High time you people realised what you are.

You're a group that fought an individual hell to get where you are now.

Most others never will have the balls to do so. (no offence to women).

Others, like me, never had to go through that fear or stress. For me it was like not being afraid of pain because I can't feel it and never have.

You people have overcome it despite the fact you can feel it and despite the fact that it hurts, despite the fact you had a lot to lose.

I bow to you in respect for that fact alone.

Now I'm a God, so you know that means something if I bow to you.

Just don't ask me to kneel. That would remind me of stories I heard in Catholic school....

I like the way you think, SciFi - instead of mourning my lost 25 years as a Xian, I'm usually just SO fucking thankful I'm free to be myself and enjoy the rest of my life.

You are so fortunate to have a husband who values and treasures your courage and your mind.

Don't accept any man who doesn't do the same for you.

And enjoy the hell out of life. That's what it is for!

• Super Moderator

Sorry. I thought you were about to hit on me. Never mind.

I didn't read the whole post, but I get it. Yup. The morals to do the right thing without the other yuck. Yup. I definitely get that.

Sorry. I thought you were about to hit on me. Never mind.

But you look so hot with that rubber glove... LOL

I didn't read the whole post, but I get it. Yup. The morals to do the right thing without the other yuck. Yup. I definitely get that.

Summed up rather nicely. I should hire you as my editor. LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Christianity provides a promise. A promise of good vs evil, a God who is just and a God who is moral beyond reproach.

That is what they push. That is what they promise. That is their whole hook in snaring people.

Ignore the hell bullshit, that's there to punish the evil ones and is a sideline for those who understand nothing but self preservation.

Those types you want to avoid and those are ones that will never leave.

What they deliver however, is a corrupt, evil piece of shit who claims he is God who kills indiscriminately men, women, children and babies at a whim.

When I said I wanted a woman who kept the morals, I meant the promise of an incorruptible power. One who would do the right thing no matter the cost. Never do the wrong thing regardless the cost.

That was the honey to attract the bee's. The kind of bee I wanted.

But, she could not stay following that corrupted pile of excrement called the Bible, written by egotistical male chimps who wanted nothing but power and submission from their followers.

She had to have both the wisdom and the courage to break out from the indoctrination of some of mankind's most evil perverted written works. She also had to do it on her own.

That's a huge sacrifice. For many, it means giving up family and friends to do what is right, to risk eternal damnation because they have morals and the guts to say so.

When one honestly reads that vile vomit there is no other choice but to leave it. To stay is hypocritical.

And that's what I wanted.

Someone who would not be swayed by the words of lies. Someone to have the wisdom to see it for the lies they really are and the courage to risk all and go against it because its the right thing to do.

To risk the love of their family and friends and risk eternal hell fire. Because, its the right thing to do.

That is what I married. A woman who saw the lies, the hypocrisy, the evil and stood up against it even at the risk of losing friends and family. And she did pay the price.

While she many be very special to me, she's not unique.There are many others.

All of you here have to some degree, some more, some less done the same thing.

That is an achievement not many will ever do nor could do and you should all know that.

So I'm telling you all now. Really, you all have the balls to do something that so many others would pee their pants over.

You stood up for what's right.

Don't kneel or bow. I hate that shit! Any Christians reading this. Leave Christianity now and do the right thing.

Hmmmmm... there's lots here. But first, your take on Christianity is ill-informed. Christianity delivers a God who, in love, created a universe and a Heaven and Earth full of beings designed to live in eternal harmony with their Creator. However, despite their wicked rebellion against their holy Creator so they could establish their own kingdom, our holy Triune God has demonstrated His love by sending God the Son to die in our place, as our substitute, to pay the righteous penalty for our sin - and He asks only that we admit our sin, repent of our selfish self-serving ways, and seek His grace and mercy freely poured out through the Person and ministry of Jesus Christ, God Incarnate.

Having risen from the dead and ascended into Heaven, Jesus prays for His followers and prepares an eternal place for any who would turn from self and turn to Him - the only source of true life.

But to think that turning away from Christianity is some valiant display of courage? Not necessarily so - could just be a means to please other people. Could be a means to pursue their own selfish desires. Could be a way to pursue a lifestyle devoid of an appropriate level of guilt.

People display much greater courage by becoming Biblical Christians; turning away from Catholicism, Mormonism, Islam, Buddhism, scientism, etc. Even in the last 100 years, record numbers of Christians have been martyred for their faith.

So save your platitudes re: real courage.

And to think you can establish real morals in the absence of a righteous, holy, law-giving Creator? Seriously - no human atheistic philosophy has ever been able to establish or justify morals. It all becomes personal preference - which is no morals at all.

I suggest that real thought and research be conducted before you post such drivel, and save yourself the public embarrassment.

Just my humble thoughts.

.....drivel.....

Hey BAA your friend is back.

Ray:

I am pretty sure Alpha can handle you on his own.

Everything that you posted is apolgetic crap. Most likely it came from an apolgist book. You have shown repeatedly that you have no intention to debate. You only wish to aggrandize yourself by telling other people they are wrong. Glad you got your jollys off.

Now Go Away.

First of all, welcome little lamb.

I always liked the analogy of Christians and lambs/sheep.

If you've ever had any dealings with sheep you'll know why they make it.

Hmmmmm... there's lots here. But first, your take on Christianity is ill-informed. Christianity delivers a God who, in love, created a universe and a Heaven and Earth full of beings designed to live in eternal harmony with their Creator. However, despite their wicked rebellion against their holy Creator so they could establish their own kingdom, our holy Triune God has demonstrated His love by sending God the Son to die in our place, as our substitute, to pay the righteous penalty for our sin - and He asks only that we admit our sin, repent of our selfish self-serving ways, and seek His grace and mercy freely poured out through the Person and ministry of Jesus Christ, God Incarnate.

Having risen from the dead and ascended into Heaven, Jesus prays for His followers and prepares an eternal place for any who would turn from self and turn to Him - the only source of true life.

Bla bla bla.

One question and one only, have you studied every other religion on Earth unbiased and objectively before choosing to believe this one?

If not, don't be telling anyone what did or did not happen because it happened only in your mind and the minds of the other ignorant.

And yes you are ignorant because I know you cannot answer that you have studied them all.

You are also gullible since you've chosen to believe one before doing the full research.

But to think that turning away from Christianity is some valiant display of courage? Not necessarily so - could just be a means to please other people. Could be a means to pursue their own selfish desires. Could be a way to pursue a lifestyle devoid of an appropriate level of guilt.

People display much greater courage by becoming Biblical Christians; turning away from Catholicism, Mormonism, Islam, Buddhism, scientism, etc. Even in the last 100 years, record numbers of Christians have been martyred for their faith.

Define courage and lets tackle this honestly to see who has courage and who has not.

I really mean it. You tell me what your definition of courage is and we'll take it from there.

And to think you can establish real morals in the absence of a righteous, holy, law-giving Creator? Seriously - no human atheistic philosophy has ever been able to establish or justify morals. It all becomes personal preference - which is no morals at all.

I suggest that real thought and research be conducted before you post such drivel, and save yourself the public embarrassment.

Just my humble thoughts.

Huh. Are you calling me a fool?

Treating me with ridicule?

You need to read your Bible, you are now no longer fit to enter the kingdom of heaven.

You committed a grave sin against your God.

That's his rules, according to your faith. Hope you have fun with the idea that you are now going to burn for eternity.

After all, you really did commit a sin that is worth that punishment.

You ridiculed me. GLORY to God's most merciful judgement.

Your God threatens you all with punishment for eternity unless you follow his ridiculous code.

An eternal punishment for a corporeal violation.

Yet, and I want you to truly understand this FACT and try to reconcile it into that little view of yours: atheists are between 40 and 80 times less likely to commit crime compared to Christians.

You read it. Christians commit more crime per capita than atheists do.

80% of the general population in the USA is Christian.

8-16% of the general population is atheist.

Now looking at prison statistics we get this absolutely glorious distribution:

83% of prisoners are Christians

0.02% are atheists

GLORY to your the power of your wonderful God who even with the threat of eternal damnation cannot get his own flock to follow morals.

Its a miracle. It truly is. An omnipotent God that gives out moral codes and a religion to believe in somehow manages to screw it up so badly that it is 40times worse than if he didn't meddle at all.

GLORY to the power of the lord! He has made his followers far more immoral for they are not worthy, then, he shall burn them forever because...they are not worthy. GLORY!

Now go do some research as to the prison population distributions vs the general population for yourself and try and reconcile the immorality that is Christianity compared to the by comparison very moral atheists.

Don't try and dismiss it. Research it. Understand fully that Christians are far more immoral even though they know that if they sin, they will burn forever.

That's the power of your God right there. None.

But first, your take on Christianity is ill-informed.

Of course it must be ill-informed, the doctrine itself could never be flawed. That's a given with apologetics crap. But the Catholic would say YOUR take is ill-informed. Who's right, the church or the Bible? People have fought over that issue for centuries.

Christianity delivers a God who, in love, created a universe and a Heaven and Earth full of beings designed to live in eternal harmony with their Creator. However, despite their wicked rebellion against their holy Creator so they could establish their own kingdom, our holy Triune God has demonstrated His love by sending God the Son to die in our place, as our substitute, to pay the righteous penalty for our sin - and He asks only that we admit our sin, repent of our selfish self-serving ways, and seek His grace and mercy freely poured out through the Person and ministry of Jesus Christ, God Incarnate.

Balderdash. A tissue of lies. Especially the notion of the substitutionary atonement. Nothing could be more ludicrous than God designing such a stupid plan.

If he had not made them able to rebel in the first place, then God would not have had to kill himself. What a stupid notion. Only an absurd God could come up with something like this, not anything "holy".

Yes, your God would like to have people continually wallow in a pool of guilt. What a lousy bastard. You bet being ex-Christian is a display of courage - maybe not in all cases, but the reason you give is an exception. We were oppressed by your fiendish human hating monster of a God and had the insight and courage to fully realize it.

People display much greater courage by becoming Biblical Christians; turning away from Catholicism, Mormonism, Islam, Buddhism, scientism, etc. Even in the last 100 years, record numbers of Christians have been martyred for their faith

They would be better off in Buddhism or scientism. The others are way too damn close to what you worship.

I submit anyone under the sway of the cult as much as you are doesn't know the meaning of the word "courage".

Go read the Dhammapada or some of the Hindu scriptures and enlighten yourself. This is nonsense.

YOU publicly embarrass yourself every time you start posting stupid Christian doctrine on this site. I am sure this round will be as entertaining as numerous prior rounds.

You might as well give up Ray, no one here believes it.

• Like 1