Goodbye Jesus

More Facebook Fun

Deva

IFB stands for "Independent Fundamentalist Baptist". I joined a group on Facebook for cult survivors of IFB because that's what it is, a cult. OK. Statements like this just burn me up..

I didn't grow up in a Baptist church of any kind... I'm a supporter here. The way God has been shown to all of you turns my stomach.

I saw the post in which (name omitted) stated she was going to be taking a much needed break, but am wondering why, except for a very few people, this board has gotten so silent (names omitted) are the only ones posting with relative consistency.

I'd like to throw out my own challenge to all of you, if I may. I am an 'outsider' but took the time to send an email. How many of you, non IFBers but supporters, will do the same? Every person here deserves that much from us

What really gets me is:

1. We just don't have the real idea of God. It was a repulsive, stomach churning idea, If we just had the right idea about God, we would feel better.

2. Who gives a flying fuck whether or not you took the time to post a friggin e-mail? It maybe took you what - max of 1 minute and even less for thought?

3, Who cares if anyone posts on a website? What kind of stupidity is this?

I have seldom seen such arrogance online. Must be a Christian. Shit. I'm gonna give this person no quarter, you can count on it.

My very restrained reply:

I am sure you mean well. But... you actually have no idea what people have had to endure. I personally don't like platitudes from folks who don't know where we are coming from.

Now, we see if this person decides to go at me.This could be fun.

• Like 1

Good for you, Deva! It is certainly appropriate confront condescending arrogance with frankness. These twerps need to know what is wrong with their attitudes - they lack the empathy and the desire to get to know people who do not share their beliefs and listen to their stories as free from prejudices and preconceptions as possible.

Brava Deva! There is a find line between when to defend and when to let it go, but when you're on a site specifically designed for cult survivors, I reckon that's the place to defend.

I tend not to confront Christians in "real" life, as all of the ones I know are the sweetest people you could imagine and not the least bit interested in converting anyone. I know one guy that was a real asshole before he became a Christian, and now he's the picture perfect Christian - something we all know is a rarity. So I'm not going to fuck with his head and try to change his beliefs, because I consider that every bit as arrogant as someone trying to change my beliefs.

But when some Christian comes to my door to convert me, or comes here to pick on hurting people, or shows up on your recovering cult page, all bets are off!

And you were very restrained. Good to start out that way, as you may need to be less restrained later. ;)

• Like 2

I suppose what set me off was the phrase "the way God has been shown to all of you... " as if that were the major issue.

Well now the link to this thing is on my newsfeed. I don't care to much though. It had to come out sooner or later.

Sometimes I think I am not so angry anymore and then suddenly I can tell I am.

Sometimes I think I am not so angry anymore and then suddenly I can tell I am.

I can totally relate, but then again, I would imagine rape victims who have recovered, feel exactly the same way when some idiot starts talking about how women bring it on themselves by the way they dress or some similar nonsense.

But when some Christian comes to my door to convert me, or comes here to pick on hurting people, or shows up on your recovering cult page, all bets are off!

And you were very restrained. Good to start out that way, as you may need to be less restrained later. ;)

That's right. It was on the recovering cult page. That is what made it so inappropriate. I would probably just have deleted the thing if it were only on the newsfeed or something. I think that people need to know that this is not acceptable in that particular place.

Once saved, always saved™! Many members but one body™. These condescending Christians are not Real Christians™. They are part of a smarmy new-age movement where they want to preach warm and fuzzy feelings to disguise the fact their religion teaches how to be assholes to those who do not believe as they do. The militant fundamentals express the true doctrine that is watered down today because the church does not have the power it once held in the Dark Ages. Otherwise, these good Christians would be foaming at the mouth just like the churches most of us fled from when leaving the cult of the cross. They are all cults and preach the same nonsense claiming the bible is true and without error and their way to god is the only way. If they held our lives in their hands, they would be executing us along with anyone else who did not believe. Christianity is a blood-thirsty religion for those who want to be in power over others and claim they do so by the will of god. This makes every Christian a danger to any society that encourages personal freedom. History has proven this to be true over and over.

• Like 3