Goodbye Jesus

I Know. Right? Wtf?

Fweethawt

There's something about this little combination of words that just rubs me the wrong way. Every time I hear someone say it, I just want to tell them to STFU.

Don't know why...

I know, right?

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

I know, right?

STFU. :-)

I'm the same way about "hat(e|ed|ing) on" so I feel your pain.

OMG everyone's hating on Justin Bieber!

I don't think I've ever seen any other character who was hated on so much.

Fuck. You.

I don't dislike any of these expressions.

But two I do hate are "It is what it is" and "Needless to say". I find them really annoying.

• Like 1

I know, right? Gah. It sounds so ignorant, and you don't need to add the "right" in the phrasing because it makes you sound unsure of your own agreement.

Sounds to be on the same level with "no problem" in response to "thank you"

The right response is YOU ARE WELCOME.

I didn't realize I WAS a problem. Retail people should be warned not to say these words or they are fired.

Nice to see you back, Fwee.

• Like 1

Fwee! :woohoo: How the heck are you?

But two I do hate are "It is what it is" and "Needless to say". I find them really annoying.

WTF? I thought you were banned.

Ah well. It is what it is.

When my kids use it, it's cute. When my 43 year old co-worker does, it's not. dry.gif

Aye, man (mouse), how you been, where you been, does your special mead still survive to this day...

...you got damn much to fill us in on ;)

Nice to see you back, Fwee.

I don't mean to sound rude, but I don't remember you.

Thanks and hello.

Doing pretty well I suppose. I vaguely remember your screen name. Sorry. But thanks for asking.

Hello.

Aye, man (mouse), how you been, where you been, does your special mead still survive to this day...

...you got damn much to fill us in on ;)

Hello, brother. I see you are still using that avatar pic that shows you at your prime.

The last batch of wine that I made was the three gallons of cherry that we discussed almost four years ago. I believe I have drank two bottles shortly after the first year. The remaining thirteen are still aging in my parents' basement.

For me to fill you in on everything else I've been up to would require the use of a keyboard (im on my cell now) and probably another server.

Good to see you're still around!

Now where's that asshole, Woodsmoke? Did he finally grow up or what?

Another one that makes me want to slap the gooey shit out someone is - MY BAD!

Where is Cerise? She'd have something to say about this stuff.

I'm the same way about "hat(e|ed|ing) on" so I feel your pain.

OMG everyone's hating on Justin Bieber!

I don't think I've ever seen any other character who was hated on so much.

Fuck. You.

Don't be hatin'.

WTF? I thought you were banned.

Ah well. It is what it is.

Yeah... Needless to say, it is what it is...

Its a fad that probably will be around awhile as kids are so lazy spelling shit out and the acronyms have become "accepted" language.

Showing my age but this is much like it was in the CB craze of the 70's and we all spoke in 10 codes even face to face.

10-4 good buddy, whats your 10-20, other codes like seatcover = girl friend that one got me dumped by a girl that took offense to the remark when someone asked me if my seat cover was in the car. I should have played dumb but I explained.

Ankle biter = kids

Choke and Puke or greasy spoon = the local drive in restaurant (now mostly extinct like drive ins)

Organ Donor = motor cyclist.

want to eyeball = want to meet

CBs were the facebook of the 70's :grin: At least we did not have the fucking woo woos a-preaching teh lards wurd on the airwaves.

The other benefit of the CB craze was it invariably led to hook ups, I got lucky 3 times but like anything so public, once hooked with a "seat cover", you dared not surf the channels looking for fresh meat.

Like answering the telephone, the old polite greeting is replaced with go for ........

Yeah, whatevah..:shrug:

I know, right?

STFU. :-)

My bad.

• Like 1

People saying "like" where it does not belong or people speaking in LulzWut style of English. (not so much Txt language - it's convenient)

Otherwise, I can't think of any other irritating linguistic tics. It's mostly covered here.

Welcome back, Fweethawt! Good to see you back. :)

People saying "like" where it does not belong or people speaking in LulzWut style of English. (not so much Txt language - it's convenient)

Otherwise, I can't think of any other irritating linguistic tics. It's mostly covered here.

Welcome back, Fweethawt! Good to see you back. :)

I was going to post the "like" thing. My 64 yr old mother has gotten into a very bad habit of sprinkling everything she says with like. I've taken to calling her on it. firedevil.gif

I didn't realize I WAS a problem. Retail people should be warned not to say these words or they are fired.

The correct response in the U.S. is you are welcome, but in Australia, the correct response is, "No worries." And I'm pretty certain when someone says "no problem", they mean that whatever they did was not a problem to them.

I realize this is a pet peeve thread, so I'm not actually arguing with you. It's just that I've thought about this a lot as a transplant to Australia, and sometimes, I wonder just how, "you are welcome" applies to anything. Welcome to what? What does that even mean?

Maybe I have too much time on my hands. ;)

I agree with Scifi Chica, except that I know next to nothing about how they speak in Australia apart from what I learned in Yahoo Serious movies.

Meh, I say it sometimes. Largely because here at Walmart you often find employees that act like it was a pretty serious offense that they were questioned or needed to help someone. It's not something to thank me about because it was not an offense or problem or unreasonable exertion on my part that I was doing my job and helping you.

Instead of saying "Thanks" to me I would personally hear "You were a big help, where's your manager so I can tell them what a good employee they have." Nopes, I get "Hey thanks for actually doing your job," *insert leave store*.

We dont use that expression in australia, thank fuck. its arrogant and shits me up the wall as well :)