Goodbye Jesus

I Know. Right? Wtf?

Fweethawt

People saying "like" where it does not belong or people speaking in LulzWut style of English. (not so much Txt language - it's convenient)

Otherwise, I can't think of any other irritating linguistic tics. It's mostly covered here.

Welcome back, Fweethawt! Good to see you back. :)

That's another one!!!!

Its like when I like go to the bathroom it like - STINKS like, like there's something like wrong.

Hello Onyx! I remember you. I forget your old screen name though. New Zealand, right?

The correct response in the U.S. is you are welcome, but in Australia, the correct response is, "No worries." And I'm pretty certain when someone says "no problem", they mean that whatever they did was not a problem to them.

I have a friend that uses NO WORRIES all the time. Usually in place of - don't worry about it or no big deal.

Im the same way with YOU'RE WELCOME. What does that mean? Welcome to what? My home? My food? My woman? Fantasy Island? Wtf???

We dont use that expression in australia, thank fuck. its arrogant and shits me up the wall as well :)

its arrogant and shits me up the wall as well :)

shits me up the wall

shits me up the wall

shits me up the wall

shits me up the wall

SHITS ME UP THE WALL

Ladies and gentlemen, I think this thread has been won.

We dont use that expression in australia, thank fuck. its arrogant and shits me up the wall as well :)

That expression really gets on my tit as well.

Also annoying: Let's do lunch, Don't go there, Think outside the box, etc.

"At the end of the day..."

Shut up. It's only 9 AM.

"We need think like a team."

Let's do that! And also huddle up and slap everyone on the butt. Give each other wedgies in the locker room. Let's go, team!

Midwesterners incapable of pronouncing the -nt sound :banghead:

Internet becomes "Innurnet"

international= "innur-nash-nul"

"interview" and "inner view" indistinguishable, along with "winter" and "winner"

"center" comes out sounding like "sinner"

The most atrocious one of all was when I heard one of them pronounce "antibiotics" like "Annie-bee-oddics" :twitch:

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

It is just about my only real pet peeve with people's speech, but it really makes me psycho.

Are you sure you're not listening to southerners?

"interview" and "inner view" indistinguishable, along with "winter" and "winner"

The most atrocious one of all was when I heard one of them pronounce "antibiotics" like "Annie-bee-oddics" :twitch:

It is just about my only real pet peeve with people's speech, but it really makes me psycho.

Funny you should mention that, as I am a southerner, and that used to bug me so much that I went out of my way to learn to enunciate clearly. Now, of course, my husband finds the way I pronounce 't's and 'r's endlessly amusing. They tend to take shortcuts with pronunciation down here as well.

People saying "like" where it does not belong or people speaking in LulzWut style of English. (not so much Txt language - it's convenient)

Otherwise, I can't think of any other irritating linguistic tics. It's mostly covered here.

Welcome back, Fweethawt! Good to see you back. :)

That's another one!!!!

Its like when I like go to the bathroom it like - STINKS like, like there's something like wrong.

Hello Onyx! I remember you. I forget your old screen name though. New Zealand, right?

Yeah, I'm from NZ and my old screen name was SillyGeezer10. :)

Funny you should mention that, as I am a southerner, and that used to bug me so much that I went out of my way to learn to enunciate clearly. Now, of course, my husband finds the way I pronounce 't's and 'r's endlessly amusing. They tend to take shortcuts with pronunciation down here as well.

I find my brain shuts down pretty quickly when I have to listen to people that can't speak correctly.

"You know what I mean?" is one of my pet peeves, which is ironic as I'm guilty of using it ALL the time!

And "Hence why".... appalling.

Where are you AT?

Where can I find that AT?

Where is that AT?

Fwee! I hope you've returned to continue teasing and tormenting me.

I've missed your mousy ass.

"At the end of the day..."

Shut up. It's only 9 AM.

"We need think like a team."

Let's do that! And also huddle up and slap everyone on the butt. Give each other wedgies in the locker room. Let's go, team!

You just gave me nightmare flashbacks to my old cubicle life. Add to the list "we need to collaborate..." and going postal might not be justified, but perhaps understandable.

"we need to collaborate..."

*shiver*

I'm so glad I don't work in a cube anymore. Congrats on escaping, too! :beer:

"we need to collaborate..."

*shiver*

I'm so glad I don't work in a cube anymore. Congrats on escaping, too! :beer:

I'll third that! i think the only thing worse I escaped from than the cube was Christianity. :)

"Let me be clear-"

Starting sentences off

Well, .....

If I keep reading this thread, I'm going to start getting OCD on my responses to people. GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

Fwee! I hope you've returned to continue teasing and tormenting me.

I've missed your mousy ass.

I don't recall teasing you. :-)

I do hope to be around more often now that I finally got a way cool smart phone that allows me to do this sort of thing whenever I want since I don't have my office job anymore.

Its nice to know you're still around. :-)

If I keep reading this thread, I'm going to start getting OCD on my responses to people. GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

I know, right?

I know, right?

WTF?

I know, right?

WTF?

lmao_99.giflmao_99.giflmao_99.gif

Its nice to know you're still around. :-)

Fidgety, crotchety and aged-y, but still around.

Anyway.... (my most unfavorite stall word -- nearly as annoying as the now-rampant misuse of the phrase, "which begs the question")

May smart you and your smart phone be happily restored to our ranks, Fwee!

I agree with Scifi Chica, except that I know next to nothing about how they speak in Australia apart from what I learned in Yahoo Serious movies.

I'm so sorry.

Its a mistake that has and will cost Australia dearly for many decades yet.

I like, Thank Fuck.

Its a twist on, Thank God.

So mathematically we can show by transposition, that Australians as a rule subscribe to the theory that God = Fuck hence he screws people over.

In similar style the Australian version for "nothing" is fuck all.

Which becomes, God all, but means absolutely "nothing".

So, again, we can show that by this slang we are saying that God screws people over but doesn't even exist as he is nothing!

Proof that most Australians are using subliminal messages to the people to give up on this crappy "God" thing.

You know.

I like, Thank Fuck.

Its a twist on, Thank God.

So mathematically we can show by transposition, that Australians as a rule subscribe to the theory that God = Fuck hence he screws people over.

In similar style the Australian version for "nothing" is fuck all.

Which becomes, God all, but means absolutely "nothing".

So, again, we can show that by this slang we are saying that God screws people over but doesn't even exist as he is nothing!

Proof that most Australians are using subliminal messages to the people to give up on this crappy "God" thing.

You know.

Well that explains a lot. I have an atheist friend who is australian and uses the word fuck more than anyone I know. He was one of my first ever non-christian friends post-church and I could listen to him swearing all day, it's therapeutic!