Goodbye Jesus

I Know. Right? Wtf?

Fweethawt

That same woman also claimed to have dated Geoff Tate.

And there was a time that you and a buddy of yours - possibly a coworker - went through a stage of post-bombing the snot out of Ex-C with a bunch of funny of-the-wall shit. :-)

Who the hell is Geoff Tate? Bloody readheads :)

Rockstar from the band Queensryche. She had a whole collection of famous people she claimed to have fucked.

Ooops, I meant "I'

There's no "I" in ooops either... :grin:

I'm still waking up.

I haven't even finished my coffee....Waaaaaaaa......stop picking on me......waaaaa. :D

Oh, but there's a fee in coffee...

Ok. I will stop now, before someone kills me. Ah. I see an "I" in kill!

So back to my broken laptop that I'm trying to fix. Stupid Windows NTFS filesystem crashed on me. Blah. Nothing serious lost. Most was on fileserver or secondary drive. So new harddisk... and install friggin' windows again, and visual studio, and sql server, and this, and that, and those, and things, and bleh... why does have to take so much time with windows. With Mac. Fix the computer. Restore from Time Machine. Up and running. No reinstall this, that, and yada yada. (End rant.)

That same woman also claimed to have dated Geoff Tate.

And there was a time that you and a buddy of yours - possibly a coworker - went through a stage of post-bombing the snot out of Ex-C with a bunch of funny of-the-wall shit. :-)

Who the hell is Geoff Tate? Bloody readheads :)

Rockstar from the band Queensryche. She had a whole collection of famous people she claimed to have fucked.

So does that make one a "special" kind of skanky ho as opposed to the normal kind? As if you would fuck a "celebrity". Nothing worse than an ego driven moron probably riddled with STD's and self importance. Yuck and double yuck.

Ooops, I meant "I'

There's no "I" in ooops either... :grin:

I'm still waking up.

I haven't even finished my coffee....Waaaaaaaa......stop picking on me......waaaaa. :D

Oh, but there's a fee in coffee...

Ok. I will stop now, before someone kills me. Ah. I see an "I" in kill!

So back to my broken laptop that I'm trying to fix. Stupid Windows NTFS filesystem crashed on me. Blah. Nothing serious lost. Most was on fileserver or secondary drive. So new harddisk... and install friggin' windows again, and visual studio, and sql server, and this, and that, and those, and things, and bleh... why does have to take so much time with windows. With Mac. Fix the computer. Restore from Time Machine. Up and running. No reinstall this, that, and yada yada. (End rant.)

You're still picking on ME!!!!. You as a moderator should pin this thread!!! :P rofl

You're still picking on ME!!!!. You as a moderator should pin this thread!!! :P rofl

What can I say. There's a "der" in moderator.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=7poMa1DbpyA

rofl

PIN THIS THREAD!!! rofl

This used to happen to my threads often...

I start some shit. Some hits the fan. Thread gets hijacked, then pinned.

Kinda cool in a way, I guess. :-)

That's the way all good threads are meant to go.

This may explain the last few posts between Ouroboros and myself: My link

I know, right? really bugs me.

I'm annoyed by all of these too:

Haters, hating on, etc.

Fuckin' or like inserted between every other word.

Get a life

Team player

Pwnd or Owned (I'm getting annoyed just thinking about it)

Epic (I despise the way that word is used these days :cussing: )

Fail (Or hey, what about Epic Fail ? :angry2: )

I love Epic Fail but usually post Epic fail pics like this

Epic_Fail.jpg

I love Epic Fail but usually post Epic fail pics like this

Are you trying to torture me?! :nono:

:lmao:

Naah, just an excuse to post a pic, I'm bored :grin:

I enjoy taking phrases from posts and searching google images and it is amazing the shit that is out there.

But hey WTF?

I can't think of any phrases at the moment that annoy me in day to day speech and I'm guilty of pretty much everything everyone has mentioned so far. The only words and phrases that piss me off are the ones used in a corporate environment. There is a lot of lingo used which is basically a result of the euphemism treadmill. Such as a "layoff" being the result of a "missmatch". Then there's the acronyms for long phrases which can be described in a mere word or two. A yearly evaluation isn't even referred to as an "appraisal" anymore but referred to as (not the term we use exactly but to give you an idea) H.E.A.R.T. s. It makes me want to tear my hair out.

A yearly evaluation isn't even referred to as an "appraisal" anymore but referred to as (not the term we use exactly but to give you an idea) H.E.A.R.T. s. It makes me want to tear my hair out.

I hated those too. When they started the boss called you in when you fucked up and there was discipline there and then. AT appraisal time your supervisor filled in a score sheet and you had to sign off on but not see the scores. This marginally affected your increase. Then it became a CAP communication about performance and was a form you did an assessment on yourself and your supervisor did one too. The issues did not deal with work and had very subjective headings relating more to office workers. You had to measure your performance and the score you got determined a bonus, they were getting clever as a good performer increase could mean that the worker was earning more than the supervisor eventually, hence the bonus.

I worked on a power station and in instruments were always first on call, we had to have folk there 24/7. When you saved a unit from tripping by taking a risk and frigging a signal till a problem could be properly resolved, no applause. Take a risk or make a mistake and trip a unit you were on the red carpet the next day. The cost to restart a unit is not only long process but very expensive. In both cases simply doing your job.

Just the way humans tend to remember your fuck ups more than your achievements.

Fidgety, crotchety and aged-y, but still around.

I haven't figured out how to simultaneously keep dictionary.com open the same time I'm posting here. As I used to in order to translate your posts.

So, until I find a solution, I'd appreciate it if you'd just speak English. ;-)

Ha-ha!

Is this what you meant by, "teasing"? :-)

I'm glad you have more sense of irony than does End3.

(Sorry for my use of the challenging three-syllable word above, Fwee, although there's something almost dipthong-like about the initial sound, which might make it a mere two-syllable word and well within your working lexicon. :wicked: )

(Sorry for my use of the challenging three-syllable word above, Fwee, although there's something almost dipthong-like about the initial sound, which might make it a mere two-syllable word and well within your working lexicon. :wicked: )

Ha! You're slippin'!

I looked it up. It's DIPHTHONG not dipthong. And, although I looked it up, I'm still a little confused about the meaning within the context used.

But hey - at least I almost somewhat learned something today. :-)

But hey - at least I almost somewhat learned something today. :-)

It's what I live for. :grin:

• 1 month later...
Guest Awakened

I dislike "It was so fun." People use to say "It was so MUCH fun."

There was an old half hour si-fi show (Twilight Zone maybe) in which a business man heard co-workers making plans for dinosaur. "Let's meet for dinosaur at the usual place." Then he heard more and more people saying it and finally he told his wife who acted like he was crazy and she too used the term dinosaur for lunch. Well, he finally gets back to normal from this strange event when he hears another word being used incorrectly by everyone.

When I hear "It was so fun." I always think of that show. What's the old expression?...Everything changes except change.

• 2 months later...

Okay, I apologize, but "I know, right?" is one of my guilty pleasures...

I love saying that. You may beat me senseless should I ever say it in your presence. No problem.

You're welcome in advance.

Isn't it just god-awful when people use cliches?

Isn't it just god-awful when people use cliches?

Well back in the day.... Actually the phrase I used was "Way back when" which has since been turned into "Back in the day..."

Another one that used to drive one particular 50s+ coworker up the wall was "my bad." She was a Catholic and also objected to "Oh-My-God" . People went to OMG to get along with her. The last few times I said, "Jesus Fucking Christ" she kept quiet though. :) She didnt mind saying "Fuck" , just not in between jesus and christ.

"Irregardless".

I don't care HOW you're using it, IRREGARDLESS IS NOT A WORD AND IT MEANS THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF WHAT YOU THINK IT MEANS!

*heavy breathing*

I feel better.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

How about the word, 'bump'?

That's a silly one, too.

Tee-hee! GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

I find my brain shuts down pretty quickly when I have to listen to people that can't speak correctly.

"You know what I mean?" is one of my pet peeves, which is ironic as I'm guilty of using it ALL the time!

And "Hence why".... appalling.

I'm not hating on you but that is my number 1! I always just want to scream back, "NO, I don't know what the fuck you mean, that's why I asked asshole, geez!"

But I'm actually really nice about it and just say "No." Then you get the look of confusion. Priceless.

The other one I hate is "skill set". REALLY?? We need to make skills into 2 words so that we can sound even stupider. (sometimes I like to mess with the language, hence the incorrect use of stupider)

Someone needs to start a "words/phrases I love" thread. I love stupider, hootie, Really??, fucktard, and one I made up, monkery.

I too adore Epic Fail. But you need to make it epic if you type it.

Epic FAIL!