Goodbye Jesus

Any Ex-christians Have Visions / Experiences Once Attributed To God?

DebateGod

Were you once *certain* that God was communicating with you through visions/religious experiences? If so, now, as an ex-Christian, how do you explain this? Would love to hear your stories.

It was all in the mind and it was true b/c I willed it to be so. After I left the delusions and visions and dreams of gawd stopped.

If you renew your mind daily as prescribed by the babble (aka filling it with shit) shit will come out.

Were you once *certain* that God was communicating with you through visions/religious experiences? If so, now, as an ex-Christian, how do you explain this? Would love to hear your stories.

I had a couple experiences that I attributed to God. Now, I attribute most of them to chance, and some of them to unexplainable.

I'll share two examples.

Once, while touring a rain forest in Mexico, it was soooo damn hot. My mom and I had just learned the prayer of agreement. We decided to agree, in prayer, that it would rain in exactly fifteen minutes. This was with a perfectly clear blue sky. Within minutes, clouds were gathering and exactly fifteen minutes later, it began to rain. The other Christians, who hadn't believed the prayer would work, then got mad at us for making it rain on them. lmao_99.gif

Another time, I was in a terrible storm with my mother in Texas. We prayed - once again - using the fifteen minute rule we had tried before, only this time, we wanted the storm to stop. Exactly fifteen minutes later, the storm stopped.

I've actually had a couple other experiences with the weather... I don't know. Maybe it's my Native American heritage (all 4%), and I'm some sort of rain dancer. ;)

when I was quite young and beginning my hairdressing career, I had gone to the Pentecostal church a couple of times and I remember one morning asking god if the whole 'born again' experience was true - to prove it to me by having the next lady who sat in my chair to get her hair done, say the words 'born again' and ..................... she did!! :twitch:

No word of lie -I dropped my scissors right on the floor and that was the beginning of me and my 30 year christian walk.

I also had many unexplainable coincidences happen throughout the years that I attributed to god and the works of the holy spirit..

I had a couple and will mention the one here that seems so weird to me now. I had come back to God in 2004, and was reading the Bible every day (KJV). I decided that I wanted a newer translation that would be a little easier to read. Money was tight. I heard a radio interview about the TNIV which had just come out on the market. I drive truck for a living and wrote myself a quick little note about it and then the paper was laid off to the side and I found it quite a while later. So I figured that since it was first come - first serve, I had probably missed out on getting a free one. Just for grins and giggles, I went ahead and asked for one and surprisingly, they were still available. So I was really thankful that God had helped me get the newest translation of the Bible for free! Now it gets weird. A few years later, I decided to read the Bible through from Genesis to Revelations. That act was the beginning of the end of my belief in Christianity. So what it boils down to is this: an "all-knowing God" gets me a Bible that He should surely know would later lead me not to believe in Him anymore!

• Like 1

Mine aren't very dramatic, but here they are for what they're worth.

When I was a kid, about 6 or 7, I woke up from a nightmare absolutely convinced that there was something in the hallway waiting to get me. I was paralyzed with fear. Later my mom told me that because of previous drug-dealing activity in the house (before we moved in), the whole place was infested with demons. NOW I know that it was just night terrors, and I'm glad I don't get them more often; that was the only time I've ever had them.

There have been two times I was certain I felt god speaking to me. Once he told me I was being an idiot about a fight with a friend and I needed to suck it up, apologize, and move on. The other time, he was either telling me I needed to quit the youth group I was part of or that I needed to NOT quit--it was difficult to tell. Either way, once I announced I was quitting, the sense of being shouted at disappeared abruptly. I think these both are perfectly explainable through psychology and probably have something to do with cognitive dissonance and other stuff that my DH would be able to explain better.

I've had moments were I was certain that a god was speaking to me. All it takes is a strong presupposition and trivial happenstance turns into divine intervention, people have been using this for "evidence" for every type of religion.

I thought I heard god tell me many things.

-throw away your tv

-go to youth group more

-get rid of your video games

-stop smoking

-destroy your secular cd's

And lots of other shit that was just in my head.

I had a couple experiences that I attributed to God. Now, I attribute most of them to chance, and some of them to unexplainable.

I'll share two examples.

Once, while touring a rain forest in Mexico, it was soooo damn hot. My mom and I had just learned the prayer of agreement. We decided to agree, in prayer, that it would rain in exactly fifteen minutes. This was with a perfectly clear blue sky. Within minutes, clouds were gathering and exactly fifteen minutes later, it began to rain. The other Christians, who hadn't believed the prayer would work, then got mad at us for making it rain on them. lmao_99.gif

Another time, I was in a terrible storm with my mother in Texas. We prayed - once again - using the fifteen minute rule we had tried before, only this time, we wanted the storm to stop. Exactly fifteen minutes later, the storm stopped.

I've actually had a couple other experiences with the weather... I don't know. Maybe it's my Native American heritage (all 4%), and I'm some sort of rain dancer. ;)

Hm, I thought God doesn't like to be tested. :HaHa:

i ust to have pregognition ( witch i still do) and i would atribute it to god. but now i think it is the fact that your brain is more active at night and the electro magnetic signals with in the synapses get interference from the fabric and the energys of the universe. but of course thats just a geuss it is really unknown what it is.