Goodbye Jesus

Christopher Hitchens

Noumena

yada yada yada...Blah blah blah

mumble mumble mumble....insignificant words...blah

Personally I think he's a neo con douche, but he seems to help a lot of people with their deconversion, so I try not to express in detail my hatred of the guy. :P

I like Hitchens and think he is well-spoken as an atheist. I've listened to many of his debates which are posted on Youtube, but I've never read any of his books. I get the impression that he now has one last important (to his mind) job to do to get his atheist message out. I heard an interview in which he talked about his cancer. It sounds as if his chance for five year survival is very low and he appears to have accepted that fact. And I believe his last and most important statement will be a non-statement - a very public refusal to do or say anything that could even resemble a death-bed calling on god. I haven't heard him say this, but I can't help but sense it is on his mind.

Hitchens is a delightful writer. I disagree with him politically, but I enjoy his writing on the topics of religion and popular culture. I wish him the best.

his hate for all religion confuses me. i find he uses bad examples as damnation for everyone.