Goodbye Jesus

Wondering If Leaving Is "just So I Can Sin"

Mutate

I was told by a christian online that i broke away "just so I can sin". I left for complicated reasons, but i went back to being serious baptist christian in 2008, but I "fell in love" with a woman and left to persue her. when it was over, I had made so many new friends and new experiences I had no desire at all to go back.

But the idea in the back of my head, ...is it just for my own pleasure, so i can drink and chase woman without guilt.

And I've been wondering as a thought experement...What if it was being asked to give up vices something I respected. Like for a random example, to join a cool samurai group that would ask their members for celibacy and no alchohol. I'm not sure if I would, but maybe.

• Super Moderator

Only you know your motive for leaving church. Either you believe Jesus Christ is your savior or you don't.

^^^ I was going to say something along those lines...but then I decided it wasn't worth it. What are we? Mind readers? Meh.

mwc

What's sin?

Breaking away just so you can sin is part of the programming and should be discarded along with the rest of the doctrines.

• Like 2

What's sin?

Sin is when you commit actions that are against the will of the magic sky man. Like, having sex outside of marriage.

Basically, they take all your freedom at church, and when people get that freedom back, they're told that's the only reason they left. Total and utter bullshit.

I stopped believing, and then I started doing some of the things that I had been told was a sin before. Other things, I did not, because I'm an ethical person.

For example, masturbating became really fun instead of making me feel guilty, but I still don't murder people. :)

• Like 3

Basically, they take all your freedom at church, and when people get that freedom back, they're told that's the only reason they left. Total and utter bullshit.

I stopped believing, and then I started doing some of the things that I had been told was a sin before. Other things, I did not, because I'm an ethical person.

For example, masturbating became really fun instead of making me feel guilty, but I still don't murder people. :)

Well put throughout.

If christians sin whenever they miss they mark, then they sin A LOT. Every time they fail to love someone as they do themselves, everytime they look down on anyone, are a respecter of persons, put shit on gays or anyone that is not like them, they sin. Trouble with them is they have forgotten that they sin, and indeed don't believe they do, which means if god is there they are probably in some deep shit anyway.

Nosy judgmental pains in the ass have nothing better to do than point the finger at everyone else. I stopped listening to their bullshit some time ago. Its a waste of time and effort.

• Like 1

For you girls maybe but us males still murder seamen :grin:

Every sperms is precious

Lord-of-the-Rings-HD-e1270841445864.jpg

Maybe you left because your beliefs changed.

Smoking weed and jacken my wagon became more fun and guilt free.

If there is no Jesus/Yahweh/Zeus/Etc looking down upon us, there is no sin. You left to pursue life.

Your online Christian is caught in a fantasy that he/she believes is real, so accuses you of not playing along. Big whoop.

If you believe that giving up pleasures is somehow going to make you cool or part of someone's in-crowd, that is up to you. I advocate freedom and enjoyment of the brief life you will have here.

Breaking away just so you can sin is part of the programming and should be discarded along with the rest of the doctrines.

This.

Plus, considering the neverending news about what the head preachers of this cult or that cult really do inbetween their anti-sin babblings, I seriously wonder who wants to sin here... :fdevil:

If there is no Jesus/Yahweh/Zeus/Etc looking down upon us, there is no sin. You left to pursue life.

Just as a sidenote, not all religions have a concept of sin. ;)

If you left Christianity just to seek pleasures that were forbidden by that religion, what's the big deal? Most of those pleasures should never have been forbidden in the first place and the rules that attempt to suppress and forbid those pleasures are nothing more than a human control mechanism. It never was god trying to control your actions. Rather, it was always other people who sought to, and did, in fact, control you. You aren't free from god (since the god of the bible does not exist). You are free from those control freaks.

• Like 2

Christian fantasy.

Not only does it presume that deep down the non-believer really does believe, which is most definitely not the case with most, it’s also a pretty darn retarded statement with no logic behind it at all. For one thing, if you want to sin, it makes more sense to be a Christian, that way you can be forgiven right away. You are supposedly covered by the blood of Jesus so any sin you do can be excused if you sincerely repent of it. So why would you want do away with the insurance policy? You wouldn't!

When you think about it, any Christian that would make such an accusation is not the sort of person you'd want to have anything to do with. Pretty much what they're saying is, if they didn't have some God figure lording it over them with a big rod, ready to whack them if they sinned, that they'd go around doing all sorts of horrible perverted things. They need to have this Godhead there to keep them on the straight and narrow. The Christian is that naughty child who needs constant supervision, otherwise they're gonna run rampant. They realise what despicable people they really are and they're ashamed of it.

It’s quite obvious to any logical person, that if one wanted to sin, being a Christian would be the perfect avenue, because no matter what horrible acts you might commit, at least you can still feel righteous afterwards, once you’ve fallen to your knees and pleaded to God for forgiveness. As long as you are sincere in your repentance, you will be fine. Even if you know you will fail again and again, at least you will always have Christ’s grace to fall back on. Every Christian has sins they struggle with time and time again and most will feel lousy because of the times they fail. However none of them would ever seriously entertain the thought of “Hey, if I weren’t a Christian I wouldn’t have to feel bad about this anymore.” Of course not, because you’d be afraid of suffering God’s unquenchable wrath if you did! Furthermore, anyone who has left the faith knows full well that they still feel just as bad about most of the sinful things they do as they did before, because that’s who they are as a person. They certainly don’t become any more evil and callous. The devil is not guiding them into debauchery. They are still just the same compassionate, caring people they always were.

I did all the same things in the chruch that I now do outside of the church :shrug: Natual born sinner I was, and still am!!:twitch:

I did all the same things in the chruch that I now do outside of the church :shrug: Natual born sinner I was, and still am!!:twitch:

gimmie your phone number honey! lol

What's sin?

It's "hamartia" in Greek and is an idea from Aristotle. It's been bastardized to mean "missing the mark" or the generic "sin" but it's more subtle and complex than that. I can't really explain it so go look it up if you want to understand it.

mwc

gimmie your phone number honey! lol

NOT THAT!!!!:twitch: .................all the 'softer' sins........................:grin:

I didn't leave for the sake of poon-tang but it certainly helped push me out the door!

If you just wanted to sin, the smart thing to do would be remaining a Christian. After all, you can liestealrapemurderpillage as much as you want as a member of Team Jesus - all you have to do is ask for forgiveness afterwards and frolockingly on you go. As an atheist though, you can live the most noble life in the history of the multiverse - you would still be going to hell because you do not believe in *insert god name here*. Not to mention that you are left with no other choice but dealing with your own conscience for all the shit you did instead of simply asking an *insert priest terminology here* to cross his arms and bop his head to the theme of "I Dream of Jeannie" and make all the guilt and responsibility you feel go away.

Still, you tear down that saftey net with your own hands.

Tell that to whoever said this to you.

Tell that person to think about that, if (s)he has the balls and brains to do so.

Tell that person that you doubt s(he) has either of it.

Very true. This is what they're conditioned to think and say. So I don't blame you for being bothered by it, they program it into everyone. They're egos can't fathom anyone not believing like they do. It's brainwashing, it's worthless junk to be discarded in the trash.