Goodbye Jesus

Classic Victorian Era Freethinker Book Free Here

Mutate

My linkhttp://www.manybooks.net/titles/besantan13341334913349-8.html

I've been reading this on my kindle and finding it really eye opening. Great look into the bible origins, the pagan roots of western religion, etc. It's labelled part 2 but I can't find part one anywhere though.

Cool, thanks! If you like that, look on the same site, or on Gutenberg.org for "Superstition in All Ages" by Jean Meslier, "The Age of Reason" by Thomas Paine, or any of the free books by Robert Ingersoll. Good stuff...

Here is part 1 but I think it's only in HTML

I think that site has all 6 parts, and you may be able to cut and paste the text to make your own ebook out of it. Or maybe read the web page on the kindle?

The author, btw, (which may interest those of you with other spiritual beliefs), was an atheist then became a theosophist and studied Hinduism, among other things. (I think).

Yeah, I read a bit about her on the site, she sounds really interesting. Thanks a lot for the other links.

My linkhttp://www.manybooks.net/titles/besantan13341334913349-8.html

I've been reading this on my kindle and finding it really eye opening. Great look into the bible origins, the pagan roots of western religion, etc. It's labelled part 2 but I can't find part one anywhere though.

I read this book several years ago. It really was an excellent read and an eye opener.

I think that site has all 6 parts, and you may be able to cut and paste the text to make your own ebook out of it. Or maybe read the web page on the kindle?

Calibre could be helpful for tasks like this. It is a good program for e-book management and format conversion.

yeah, you can read webpages on kindle and simply scan text into a notepad.

I'm reading 'Harry Jesus Christ Potter' on my kindle. It's more about the origins of Christianity and explores in depth the issue of whether he was a historic person or a literary fiction like Harry Potter. Don't know how I'd cope without my kindle