Goodbye Jesus

Mike Huckabee Keeps Calling Me

marycontrary

A few months back Mike Huckabee began calling me. It starts as a recording of Mike and at the end of the message you can press 1 to learn more. At first I would just hang up, but after interrupting my bathroom visits, watching the live Casey Anthony trial and causing me to burn a meal I pressed 1. I found out these calls were from the ntl committee for faith family and prayer and they are seeking donations for all sorts of political stuff with a religious twist. So, I tell them to take me off their call list and they hang up on me. They continue to call with new and more disturbing messages. They offered me a copy of Mike's latest book if I would take a poll at the end. I thought what the hell and pressed 1. Don't get me wrong, I really don't want and would not read his book. I figured they could waste some money at me and hopefully go broke. The poll was about Obama and health care and I didn't answer correctly so they again hung up on me. Now I'm pissed and I never did get that book. They continue to call and I continue to press 1 and argue about taking my number off their list. They say they don't have to. They say the do not call registry does not apply to them. I got another call a couple days ago that just set me off and has put me in a pissy mood for a couple days. They are really mad at atheists now. Mike says he wants me to join a war against atheists. He's pretty irate about his prayer breakfast. He went on to say that if atheists have their way we will be forced to teach our children homosexual history, punish them if they say the word god in school and that they may no longer say the pledge of allegiance. WTF! I pressed 1 about 17 times and spoke with George Benson (isn't he that black entertainer with really cool hair?). I was pretty sarcastic with him and it seems he doesn't understand sarcasm and thought I was in agreement with their message. I said "I suppose those atheists are going to teach children about evolution", lol he replied "oh yes, they already do", then I'm like "say it isn't so". I then asked if they will teach children how to give blow jobs in bathrooms and he sort of stuttered. I went on a rant about how they called the wrong atheist and that I've been tolerant and respectful to religious minded folk and would never call him to interrupt his morning dump to enlist him in my war against christians. I demanded to know how they got my number. They said it was from some organization that I belong to and that organization supports his organization. I say I need to know what organization I have supported that supports this bullshit. I said the only organization I belong to is the republican party, so George says the republicans gave them my number. I ask if his side gets power will they send troops to my door or will they just burn me at the stake. He eventually hangs up on me and I use caller ID to call them back. I get to listen to another recording about how christians are being persecuted by christian bigotry. weirdos. I rage at them for several minutes followed by calling the FCC and the national republican party. I tried to call Mike but he apparently doesn't have a phone. I did e-mail him tho asking about that book he promised me and never got a response. The response from the republican party made me smile. They said as far as they knew Mike isn't running for anything and is now employed as a media person and they are not affiliated with mike in any way and are quite upset that George fingered them as the source of giving out my number. I said either way I feel the republicans no longer want me to party with them and if they want to lose an election to just keep putting Mike and Sarah out there for the world to see. I then called fox news to let them know their employee keeps calling and harassing and threatening to bring war down upon me. I then found and joined a local Atheist group in town that now enjoys tax free status and they have at least one get together a week, usually at a bar and they have a softball team and are in a bowling league. I'm going to shakespear on the green tonight with other atheists. So in the end it sort of works out. I called the Arkansas governers office (thats only # I found for mike) and they told me he moved to florida. They also said I was the 2nd caller that day with the same complaint. I may have go to Florida to set mike straight and if I see Casey Anthony at target I plan to call her a slut and spit on her. Seriously---this is so wrong. It's such a hate-filled message that it should be illegal.

Mary

This is why you don't get a home phone.

This is why you don't get a home phone.

I live out in the sticks were I have little to no cell signal, so going without a home phone would be highly impractical for me.

I get calls from an unknown name and number at least twice a day, but one of these days I'm going to answer the phone in Japanese or play the music from The Ring.

I'd be curious to know where you're from that you don't have cell phone service... I'm buried deep in West Virginia, which is the definition of nowhere, and I have cell service, terrible service, but service.

I'd be curious to know where you're from that you don't have cell phone service... I'm buried deep in West Virginia, which is the definition of nowhere, and I have cell service, terrible service, but service.

I live in Southern Middle Tennessee where I am surrounded by trees and more trees and more trees and more trees...and I also live in a tin sided trailer.

• Like 1

I'd say keep calling them with weirder and weirder messages till the cave. Also, keep records of their calls to you so that you have something if they try to get the authorities involved.

Yeah, that's pretty wild. I've been on the far reaches of Siberia and still had coverage but for a few small black out zones.

Yeah, that's pretty wild. I've been on the far reaches of Siberia and still had coverage but for a few small black out zones.

I think his lack of reception has as much to do with topography as isolation. My family in East Tennessee has cell phone reception problems regardless of which carrier they use. There's no lack of cell towers in the area- but that doesn't do much good when you're down in a deep valley, with a ridge between you and the nearest tower.

I get better reception out on the high plains of Western Kansas, Oklahoma, and Eastern Colorado- which is FAR more isolated in terms of population... but there are few hills to speak of for hundreds of miles in any direction.