Goodbye Jesus

Book Reccomendations

Noggy

I see that many of you are hesitant to share your experiences, etc. So perhaps I was barking up the wrong tree. Does anyone have any book reccomendations for someone that is interested in starting a spiritual journey?

Bible :dumbo:

As was alluded to in the other thread, it depends on what kind of spirituality you are being drawn to pursue. If you really have no spiritual inklings, the only path I have heard that may introduce directions are hallucinogenic mushrooms, which some say left them with a permanent new dimension of thought and experience that was previously missing.

I have friends that since childhood have been able to see and interact with non-corporeal beings, or they at least say they can. I cannot see or hear such beings. They might all be crazy in the same way, or perhaps I am simply blind. Describing a blue sky to a blind man would be tedious and still never convey the beauty and satisfaction with which a non-blind person views the sky. But if there were a way to give the blind man a glimpse of it, that would do more than all the 3rd hand descriptions could hope to impart. I have not yet found a way to see or hear what they say are very real interactions, but am open to them (but not pining for such experiences).

I think any spiritual journey has to start within. Everything else is just stuff and religion that others developed around their own spiritual experiences. IF I were to go through church rituals or voodoo ceremonies, it wouldn't have nearly the meaning to me that these rituals have to adherents who already believe in the spiritual side of the rituals.

I see that many of you are hesitant to share your experiences, etc. So perhaps I was barking up the wrong tree. Does anyone have any book reccomendations for someone that is interested in starting a spiritual journey?

'The Field' might be thought provoking for you..

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/006143518X/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_2?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=0743276957&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=016NWWDCKXAFBVV9BCXJ