Goodbye Jesus

What About The Children?

Mudflappus

I've heard all of my life that babies go directly to Heaven if they expire. My question is do the babies remain in this state permanently or do they grow up? If they grow up, what is the optimal age that they quit aging once they do reach permanence. We're talking eternity after all right?

I'd love to see the Apologetic Shell and Cup game that's played to explain this.

Babies go directly to Heaven, and then the angels eat them.

• Like 1

The mere innocence of babies and small children observed by the most religious tard has to question the validity of hell and eternal punishment.

For this the RC invented limbo IIRC. That view still holds with the rest of the woos. Likewise anyone that is mentally retarded gets a free pass.

The age of accountability which no one knows what age that is comes into pay and is ess the time of puberty.

The way I view the xian dogma is that it is all sex orientated and stuff like lying, disobedience are not biggies and here and now punishments suffice. There is also the concept that the father is responsible for the sins of the child until they can think/decide fro themselves.

The more you consider the ramifications of exceptions, the more bizarre the concept of heaven and hell becomes. There is much confusion about almost everything yet we are constantly told that god transcends our thoughts and feelings and that he never changes (contrary to scripture)

The reality is, when we all die, no matter the age, we cease to exist. We will not be aware we are dead just like we were not aware who we are before we were born and if you think back, how many can remember self awareness before 3-4 years old? I certainly have no memories of when I was 2.

• Like 1

From that Baptist perspective, the most common answer I got is that everybody in heaven, regardless of their age of death, would appear to be 30ish. Why 30 you ask? Cause that's the age Jesus was when he was crucified.

Seriously, I heard this over and over.

From that Baptist perspective, the most common answer I got is that everybody in heaven, regardless of their age of death, would appear to be 30ish. Why 30 you ask? Cause that's the age Jesus was when he was crucified.

Seriously, I heard this over and over.

Yes, as a Baptist I heard this too. Nothing in the Bible to support this as far as I know. I wonder who dreamed this one up?

The parade route in heaven will be lined with cheering fetuses! If unborn children go to heaven then do our eggs and sperm also go to heaven?

I was taught that there is no age of accountability, and original sin is in effect until you choose god (except that's not how predestination works, so I guess until god chooses you). So dead children were assumed to go to hell. There was much debate on whether god would make an exception for aborted babies, but my parents at least were convinced that god would be justified in sending all aborted fetuses and people who'd never heard the gospel to hell. Why else would evangelism matter?

• Super Moderator

The answer is...it's one of His mysterious ways.

We don't have all the answers, but we don't need all the answers. God can be trusted to do the right thing.

I've heard all of my life that babies go directly to Heaven if they expire. My question is do the babies remain in this state permanently or do they grow up? If they grow up, what is the optimal age that they quit aging once they do reach permanence. We're talking eternity after all right?

I'd love to see the Apologetic Shell and Cup game that's played to explain this.

Saddam Hussein and gay people are permanently assigned to feeding and burping detail. The really bad people, like gay democrats from San Francisco and Mexican migrant workers, are assigned to vomit clean up and diaper duty

• Like 1

lol we were allways told that evry one under the age of 10 or 12 would go to heaven.

you know the only reason they say that children wont go to hell is becuase in our society children are cherished as somthing precsious and even in the religion that sends people to hell they wouldent be able to shake the horror if god sent children to hell. but of course this works with those who think kids go to heaven but who knows about the more sadistic breed.

The answer is...it's one of His mysterious ways.

We don't have all the answers, but we don't need all the answers. God can be trusted to do the right thing.

Yes this one was passed around at those 'awkward' moments wasn't it.

I had a horrible situation once where I was comforting my friend who had just had an abortion. Not only was she devastated and guilt ridden at having committed such an 'evil' sin, she was also tormented at the idea that she'd just condemned her unborn baby to hell. I simply said 'I don't know.' I just could not answer that question as a Christian but I remember thinking how evil and twisted it was. pureevil.gif

If unborn children go to heaven then do our eggs and sperm also go to heaven?

Don't the unbaptized go to limbo? Or used to anyway before the catholic church became more child-mortality-rate-in-thrid-world-countries-who-they-wanted-to-covert friendy?

I was told in Baptist school that there was an "age of accountability" or some other term below which children got a free pass to heaven. I'm not sure what the age was. But after they hit that age, it was a hard cut off. So if they weren't saved on the day before their birthday, they got a free pass to heaven. If they died on their birthday, then they got a free pass to hell. Who came up with this?

Also, something that bothered me (but, of course, like many of these things, was never consciously acknowledged or analyzed) was that if we were all born "into sin" and were all wicked, no matter what we had actually done or not done and needed to be saved, then why did babies get a free pass? Shouldn't babies go to hell, too, since they were *born* into sin?

I was taught that there is no age of accountability, and original sin is in effect until you choose god (except that's not how predestination works, so I guess until god chooses you). So dead children were assumed to go to hell. There was much debate on whether god would make an exception for aborted babies, but my parents at least were convinced that god would be justified in sending all aborted fetuses and people who'd never heard the gospel to hell. Why else would evangelism matter?

That's horrible....i know that's why they have to justify evangelism by saying those who haven't heard go to hell. Cuz if those who didn't hear went to heaven, there'd be no point in evangelizing, in fact, you'd be damning more people than you saved!!!

That's horrible....i know that's why they have to justify evangelism by saying those who haven't heard go to hell. Cuz if those who didn't hear went to heaven, there'd be no point in evangelizing, in fact, you'd be damning more people than you saved!!!

Oh but, don't you know, almost everyone "hears" because you can look at the sky and know there is a God. So the evangelism is important because those sky-lookers are going to hell. LOL.

I was taught that "Prevenient Grace" saved everyone who had not yet reached the age of accountability. Of course, prevenient grace ran out the first time you got pissed off and hit your brother.

• Like 1

Xian babies go directly to Muslim heaven because that's where they get the 72 virgins from.

mwc

The Catholic church teaches that not all babies go to heaven. If a baby dies before getting baptized, then guess what? That baby goes to hell. No exceptions!

:twitch:

I was told babies got automatically saved too. I used to think well it would be better to kill a person when they're a baby then, because hardly anyone's going to escape hell. Now I think, what a tyrannical set of beliefs, they belongs back in early man days.