Goodbye Jesus

Catholicism: Gmos Fine, Condoms Unnatural

J.P.

Recently, I came across an article that said the Catholic church is tacitly supporting GMOs. Whether your for or against GMOs, I think we'd all agree that this is quite odd. You'd think the Catholic church, which goes on and on about how gays and non-procreative sex is unnatural and therefore evil (even though both occur in nature, and appealing to nature is committing the naturalistic fallacy, but I digress . . .), would logically have to stand against GMOs.

Oh wait - silly me. I was expecting the Catholic heirarchy to be rational :HaHa:. How irrational of me.

Are you talking about the rhythm method? GMO refers to Genetically Modified Organisms and relates to mainly to agriculture (I looked it up).

As for condoms and sex and the RM for BC, you know what they say, every sperm is precious....

I seriously doubt many RC's take the RCC stance on contraception serious anymore.

If your intent is to do with genetic modification, then yes the woos have issues about this as usually GMO seeds harvests cannot be used to reseed the next season, the farmer is dependent to buy seed for the next season and thus this interferes with gawds plan of "each producing seed unto its own kind" This is why we have stuff like seedless grapes, watermelons etc.

The woos have issues over every aspect of scientific advancement except when they get ill and run off like faithless heathen to the nearest doctor.:twitch:

Yep, I was referring to genetically modified crops (I'm a grad student in agriculture, so I just used the abbreviation :)

Not to stick up for believers in pseudoscience, but here in the U.S. at least, opposition to GMOs isn't based in Christianity, but rather safety concerns and worries about agribusiness control over seed production (I'm personally against GMOs primarily out of concern for corporate control of seed, and also because it's causing the loss of invaluable genetic diversity in many major crop species). I know many atheists and agnostics who are against GMOs and actually, I'd say on the whole, Christians would be slightly more pro-GMO than the average non-Christian, though that's speculating.

No the woos have concerns with this too as ebul science is modifying traits of crops and of course that leaves the seed manufacturers in a control position.

Where I stay we have huge farms mainly maize and there are always ad boards of whose seed is planted there. Increasing the tonnage per hectare is in the farmers best interest and also puts food(s) on the tables.

In SA, maize is not an indigenous crop and I suspect the US too.

From the woo perspective, they are locked into buying seed, they cannot head for them thar hills and live off teh land when the auntichrist takes over everything and they are forced to take the mark of the beastie to buy shit. But these are the uberwoos and most xian woos probably have little to no understanding what causes crops to succeed or fail. I suppose they all still can believe their gawd will send them manna from teh skiez when the a/c make his appearance and we heathen bow down to him and go about chopping their heads off (nudge, nudge, wink wink)

In SA, maize is not an indigenous crop and I suspect the US too.

Corn is indigenous to the Americas. As are potatoes (SA).

• Like 1

I knew about South America for corn as you call it.

From the woo perspective, they are locked into buying seed, they cannot head for them thar hills and live off teh land when the auntichrist takes over everything and they are forced to take the mark of the beastie to buy shit. But these are the uberwoos and most xian woos probably have little to no understanding what causes crops to succeed or fail. I suppose they all still can believe their gawd will send them manna from teh skiez when the a/c make his appearance and we heathen bow down to him and go about chopping their heads off (nudge, nudge, wink wink)

This is hilarious once I figured out what you were saying, and makes me feel silly as I was an uberwoo.

This is hilarious once I figured out what you were saying, and makes me feel silly as I was an uberwoo.

So you were Wooish :twitch:

Sorry I talkz and spellz funny when I recall taht partz of my mamariez, it is all teh ceiling catz fault. I pwomise.

Aka fundiespeak. Only requires 0.1% of brain activity/engagement.

Don't worry you'll get used to me.:grin: