Goodbye Jesus

Vacation Bible School And Facebook

chel356

Well, this week is Vacation Bible School at our former church. All of our family is going and we are not letting our kids go. Last night my Daughter wanted to spend the night with her grandmother. We took her there and her cousin was there also. I knew she would be taking her other granddaughter to VBS. I didn't even want my daughter to walk into the building. Well, she took my daughter with her to pick up her cousin. She let her get out and let everyone hug her and tell her how much they miss her. She got to go in the church and see EVERYONE!

Last night I was on Facebook and there was an update from one of the church members that said: It is so sad to see a child denighed of something they love so much! (yes she misspelled denied)

The next was from the pastor's wife that said: I agree!

The next was from my husband's cousin that said: Yes Ma'am it is!

I just went numb. I know exactly who they are talking about and I don't appreciate it at all. I told my husband about it and he wrote this: It is very sad when people cast judgement and make comments about others without listening to anything they have to say. And you all claim to be Christ like???

I hate living so close to this church and to his family!

Sorry about the rant. anyone else going through or have gone through something similar?

Goodbye Jesus

Chel, that was frigging funny, I guess teh bad spellinz iz 'cuz of teh olde kinge jamese eedeeshun babble - oh frak there's that fundiespeak again.:lmao:

Your hubby's comments were spot on and from what it sounds like, they're (not their) a simple bless me klub fer kriast.

Sad the fundies have invaded the virtual world but perhaps that is where they fit in the best seeing their real world is also pretty unreal.

I am sure if someone did a purge of all the xian BS babblespeak on the cyebernetz, they would free up 50% of all known server space.

Reminds me of some of the churches I attended would have "Prayer Chains" wherein shit would go down and the members of this chain (ironic word to use) would start to spread the shit/gossip around under the guise of "praying for people".

Either way, impressed with your husband's response. I wonder if these same Fundies deny their kids Harry Potter, ice cream or Halloween. Kids just LOVE that stuff so much!!

• Like 1

That would be so annoying, Chel! Ugh, I don't blame you for posting a rant. Your husband had a great response.

I'm starting to wonder whether I should start my own town where people who are sick of churches and fundie family members can move. May not be able to legally ban churches and religion in my Town Charter, but at least we could be the majority! :-) I'm only half kidding.

I'm starting to wonder whether I should start my own town where people who are sick of churches and fundie family members can move. May not be able to legally ban churches and religion in my Town Charter, but at least we could be the majority! :-) I'm only half kidding.

I would move to your town. It sounds like a lovely place!

I just got on FB to see if there were any replys to my husbands comment. There were none but the preacher's wife removed her "I agree" comment! HA!

Something similar. I enjoy watching the sky and a few months ago, Mercury and Jupiter were visible in the western sky in the evenings, so I posted about it. This woman from church comments on my astronomy post about how bad she misses me, and that whatever it is that God is dealing with me about, that she hopes that I will resolve it. Then another woman that we haven't even said "Boo" to each other, clicked that she liked the other one's comment. I simply deleted their crap, and sent the original comment maker a message that God wasn't dealing with me on anything; it was His book that didn't make sense anymore and listed a bunch of reasons why. She said okay and that she still missed me. The comment liker simply received a message that I appreciated her concern and would talk about it off-line if she wanted to. Never heard anything and no more trouble - for now.

That would be so annoying, Chel! Ugh, I don't blame you for posting a rant. Your husband had a great response.

This town already exists and it's called Seattle, Washington. It's getting crowded, though, so maybe we need a few more!

I think it's wonderful that you and your husband stood by your choice. That's great!

Now I have to admit my big mistake of the week (last week, this week's big mistake is still in the making I'm sure). I let my kids go to a VBS-type music-themed day camp last week. I had already signed them up and promised they could go before I started to think better of that decision. But, I told myself, they'll be ok, because they've gone to this camp every year, and it's always just been studying instruments and composers with just a tiny pull at the end to visit their church the next Sunday. Well, I was mistaken. They have a new director, and she had them memorizing evangelistic scriptures and singing praise songs all week (all the while bribing them with candy and balloons).

So, I congratulate your determination, and I wish I had done the same. Now I just have to figure out how to tell them they can't go back next summer. :( Maybe we'll plan our vacation for that week...

I just got on FB to see if there were any replys to my husbands comment. There were none but the preacher's wife removed her "I agree" comment! HA!

I wonder if the preacher told her too :scratch:

Granted I know nothing about your former church but it would be par for the course in fundy circles.

I don't remember being all that excited about VBS when I was a kid. I certainly wasn't excited about church. I would play sick as often as I could get away with it in order to stay home.

I had lots of friends at church, but church itself bored me to tears.