Goodbye Jesus

Rockalocka

Does anyone believe in some kind of 2012 phenomenon or some kind of cataclysmic event in the near future? I really want to hear thoughts and opinions, I love hearing people discuss this!

I'm all up for people having opinions about a lot of things, but if anyone thinks the world is going to end in 2012 because the Mayans ran out of rock to make more years on their calendar, then they're an idiot.

I mean, who the fuck makes a calendar more than 1500 years in advance? Jesus, people are stupid.

• Super Moderator

I think the shape-shifters will lead the New World Order in short circuiting this evil plot from the Jewish bankers. We never went to the moon, but they had to make us believe we did in order to distract us from Obama taking our guns away. When the next rapture happens, I suspect we will lose Fox news and Oprah this time. Spiritual warfare ain't pretty.

2012? We don't need no stinking Mayans! Bwahhhhhaaahhhaaaahhhaaa!!!!

• Like 2

If anything cataclysmic happens in 2012, it will be purely coincidental and will have nothing to do with anyone's "prophecy." I'll be glad when January 1, 2013 comes around so we can move on to the next prophesied catastrophy............

• Like 3

I do think things will happen in 2012. Mostly because there are a lot of nutjobs out there who thinks 2012 is "Teh Dooomzday!" So it wouldn't surprise me if some of the nuts fulfill their own prophesies.

Why does 2012 matter? We all know Jesus is coming back in October this year.

• Like 1

An asteroid will hit the planet while Jesus and aliens from anther galaxy (who made the crop circles as a warning to us) race each other to see who can wreak the most havoc on earth..... or what Florduh said.

• Like 3

im being serious. is anything going to happen in my lifetime that would end the earth as we know it. i know that no one knows for sure, but hypothetically.

im being serious. is anything going to happen in my lifetime that would end the earth as we know it. i know that no one knows for sure, but hypothetically.

You're asking for assurance where no assurance can be given. It's part of life to learn how to live with uncertainty.

• Super Moderator

Of course. There is always the chance we get hit by a large asteroid, for example. As you noted though, no one knows the future.

2012 may wind up being a self fulfilling prophecy.

I am always hearing of terrible solar storms, crazy planets, pole shifts, asteroids, and spiritual transitions. More than half of it is bullshit, but the solar storm thing is what freaks me out. I would love to think a cataclysmic event won't happen in my lifetime, but I definitely won't bet against nuclear warfare. I think if anything, we will be somehow off the planet by the time Earth really experiences a crazy event. And somehow, someone will survive that event anyway. I just hope I don't live to see something like that. And remember, I'm young, and I don't have much life experience. That's why I ask so many questions. You guys seem like nice people who know a lot. This is an excellent site, it really is. And I wanted to thank all of you, even the sarcastic ones who give me a laugh.

I most certainly don't - isn't it strange that nobody would look at the Mayas for any sort of scientific process, be it in medicine, astronomy, biology or even just travelling logistics, but the moment it comes to the slim topic of the *end of the world*, that tribe of (fascinating) barbarians suddenly becomes the noble mastermind of knowledge and foresight. Humanity sure is a superstitious lot, longing for such fables.

I am 29 years old. So far, I had 29 calendars run out on me. And I didn't hide in a bunker, praying and shivering. I drove to my local retailers and bought a new calender for a buck.

• Like 4

Brings to mind the following song (edited for brevity):

Die With Your Boots On by Iron Maiden

Yeah! Another Prophet of Disaster

Who says the ship is lost,

Another Prophet of Disaster

Leaving you to count the cost.

Taunting us with Visions,

Afflicting us with fear,

Predicting war for millions,

In the hope that one appears.

(Bridge)

No point asking when it is,

No point asking who's to go,

No point asking what's the game,

No point asking who's to blame.

'Cause if you're gonna die (If you're gonna die) If you're gonna die,

(If you're gonna die) If you're gonna die (If you're gonna die) If you're gonna die...

(Chorus)

[snip]

13, the Beast is rising,

The Frenchman did surmise,

Through earthquakes and starvation,

The warlord will arise.

Terror, death, destruction,

Pour from the Eastern Sands,

But the truth of all predictions,

Is always in your hands.

[snip]

You're going to die. It's going to happen. Why die worrying about this crap?

mwc

• Like 3

Rockolola, you have just over a year to get laid. Please use a condom :HaHa:

JK. The world is not going to end any time soon but if there is some cosmos shit heading our way, there is fuck all we can do about it. There will be no rapture.

Mind you teh end of the world may help get you laid if there is a gurl that does not want to die a virgin, remember the rubber thingy just in case the world does go on.

• Like 2

I'm going to be a totally bad girl in the next year......just in case!! :fdevil:

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

I was not raised with any of the end times preaching BS, so when I first heard it, I remember telling people "What's the big deal? Everybody goes through end times. It's called dying."

I don't believe it, and I put the 2012 doomsdayers in the same boat as ol' Harold and his sicko followers.

It's all woo woo man.

As others have correctly said, no one can assure you that nothing will happen during your lifetime that "...would end the earth as we know it." But, I can assure you with 100% confidence that so-called prophecies are all, without exception, false. And the reason I can say this with total confidence is because there are NO prophecies or prophets, never have been and never will be.

When I use the word prophecy, I mean that the god of the bible tells something to a person and that person in turn tells others. Such a person would be a prophet. With these definitions, which, I think are the proper ones, a prophecy may, but is not necessarily, about future events. This has never happened, not even once. What is more, it never will happen, not even once.

You need to differentiate the proper usage of "prophecy" and "prophet" from:

1. Guesses;

2. Coincidences;

3. Faulty interpretations in which so-called biblical or other "prophecies" are interpreted in light of modern circumstances and made to look as if they are fulfilled "prophecies";

4. Self-fulfilling "prophecies" in which a person or group of persons either make a "prophecy" or interpret a "prophecy" and then do what it takes to "fulfill" the prophecy. For example, a person may prophecy that a certain building will explode and then place the bomb him or herself;

5. Predictions based on past experiences or scientific principles or observations. An example would be if an asteroid were discovered and through projecting it's course through our solar system to predict it will collide with Jupiter (which did happen not, too long ago).

NASA actually ha a site where they debunk all the 2012 stuff. Its actually been quite helpful in overcoming my fears. And I know that no one can assure me anything, but it seems to me that if anything, our environment won't destroy us, WE will destroy ourselves. Like I said, I think if any big war comes next, it will most likely be nuclear. And then what happens? People will survive that, the human race will adapt, and somehow, life will go on. It always does in some way, shape or form. I really don't want to die though. I've got some bug dreams, lol.

"im being serious. is anything going to happen in my lifetime that would end the earth as we know it. i know that no one knows for sure, but hypothetically."

Yes. Sorry, man.

How long will your life be exactly? Just the end year will suffice.

mwc

"im being serious. is anything going to happen in my lifetime that would end the earth as we know it. i know that no one knows for sure, but hypothetically."

Yes. Sorry, man.

Why yes?

Did any of you read my most recent post?

Yes, because, well just cuz. And I saw something about it on The History Channel. Scary stuff, yo.