Goodbye Jesus

Rockalocka

I'm going to be a totally bad girl in the next year......just in case!! :fdevil:

So that mean you'll dye your hair Hot Pink? ;)

Submitted for your approval. A date. A date that will only pass once and then be gone. A date that some believe would be the end of the world.

This is that date, broken down.

Edit As to why they would make a calender that went that far in the future. Well we do the same thing now with celestial observations to keep the Equinoxs and Solstics in their proper place.

These calendars were just the way the Maya's tracked time.

Well, technically, we can prevent certain events or at least slow them down, but humans are so ignorant about our environment, that we just speed things up, and I happen to live in this age of suckiness. I hate it. Why? Because our generation seems to be full of care-free idiots. Bleh. I do hope there is some kind of place you go when you die, as long as you don't worship some person FOREVER.

The world is not ending in one cataclysmic event. That's just stupid.

Rock,

Could something happen? well yes something could. That doesn't mean you should worry about it.

2012 as my post shows is not what the Doom sayers say it is. They are just as bad as the Christian Rapture nuts. Same mentality different beleif system.

The world can end in a metor strike. However, it would probably not kill all of us. Therefore, life will find a way to continue.

Rock must be scared as all the end of the world movies take place in the USA.

Come to SA when you can, we have no adverse weather, no earthquakes and no chicken littles running around.

Had this discussion with a woo that said the bad storms in the US is a sign from gawd.

So I told him the sign is gawd hates America and loves Africa as we do not have half the crap weather you guys get.

Of course if you do not understand basic meteorology, that is weather not rocks from the sky, and water cycles, then hurricanes and tornadoes probably seem like signs from gawd.

I am pretty sure we are going to be all right.

I'm pretty sure we are too. Scientists say that the solar flares only shut down certain electronic objects for a short amount of time and they also say a big, terrible event, if any, would happen sometime after the next hundred years. Not scared. But still slightly paranoid, as that just happens to be my nature, I'm really bad at letting things go, especially fear.

I'm pretty sure we are too. Scientists say that the solar flares only shut down certain electronic objects for a short amount of time and they also say a big, terrible event, if any, would happen sometime after the next hundred years. Not scared. But still slightly paranoid, as that just happens to be my nature, I'm really bad at letting things go, especially fear.

As a "scientist" I'm gonna tell you that all that shit isn't real. The only effect the shifting of earths magnetic poles will be that the current that goes through your torso when you're flying in an airplane will be in a different direction.

If you believe anything is going to happen in 2012 that isn't something that someone does on purpose, then you're an idiot.

im being serious. is anything going to happen in my lifetime that would end the earth as we know it. i know that no one knows for sure, but hypothetically.

Nobody can predict the future.

Such an event is no more likely in 2012 than in any other year.

I am always hearing of terrible solar storms, crazy planets, pole shifts, asteroids, and spiritual transitions. More than half of it is bullshit, but the solar storm thing is what freaks me out.

Think of this is a lesson in critical thinking.

Who are you hearing this from?

What evidence do they offer?

Does the evidence stand up to critical scrutiny?

Those are questions you should be asking yourself.

As a "scientist" I'm gonna tell you that all that shit isn't real. The only effect the shifting of earths magnetic poles will be that the current that goes through your torso when you're flying in an airplane will be in a different direction.

And all our compasses will point south instead of north.

That could happen next year, or the year after, or 10,000 years from now.

And all our compasses will point south instead of north.

That could happen next year, or the year after, or 10,000 years from now.

Yeah, we really don't understand much that is going inside the earth.