Goodbye Jesus

Church Encounter Makes Ilmb Sink To New Lows...

ilovemybrain

Oh for cryin out loud. I dropped my older kids off at the church today for camp, and was accosted in a giant hug by a sweet old lady who has been PRAYING and PRAYING for me and REALLY MISSES ME even though she never noticed me when I was there. Old lady #2 walks in. Repeat process. 2 friends my age walk in, say hi, ask how I'm doing, then look at me funny the whole rest of the time I'm there, apparently worried that my head will start spinning around and spitting pea soup. On the way home, I decide I suddenly need a drink or 12, , find I'm a dollar short in cash, temporarily misplaced my debit card, so ended up buying half case of beer on my credit card. Maybe that's no big deal - just seemed especially desperate and pathetic to me.

The people at church seemed especially shocked and horrified at the sight of an actual non-believer, and made me feel like some kind of freak. Shoulda had a bottle of booze with me and cranked "Highway to Hell" on the way out of the parking lot.

:hugs:

• Super Moderator

Could have been worse. You could have gotten a payday advance loan and bought a box of wine.

Could have been worse. You could have gotten a payday advance loan and bought a box of wine.

Excellent point.

BTW, you ready for another Lexulous ass-kicking? Or is my footprint still there from the last time? ;)

BTW there's just something about those church folks that makes me WANT to shock them. I wish I had shown up in my short skirt and long black boots, with a tight/curvy low-cut blouse that shows a lotta boobage. And maybe some upside-down cross earrings. And cloven hooves and a pitchfork...and a copy of Harry Potter.

• Like 2

BTW there's just something about those church folks that makes me WANT to shock them. I wish I had shown up in my short skirt and long black boots, with a tight/curvy low-cut blouse that shows a lotta boobage. And maybe some upside-down cross earrings. And cloven hooves and a pitchfork...and a copy of Harry Potter.

Hell, if your church was anything like my old church, just carrying an NIV instead of a KJV would get as much of a reaction.

I am normally non-confrontational, but I admittedly enjoy crossing swords with fundamentalists.

Respectfully,

Franciscan Monkey

• Super Moderator
BTW, you ready for another Lexulous ass-kicking?

Bring it. I need to suffer.

BTW, you ready for another Lexulous ass-kicking?

Bring it. I need to suffer.

Hurts so good... :spanka::wicked:

The guys would have (secretly) loved to see that!!!

If it makes you feel any better, I charged a $2.02 Panera lemonade to my credit card Wednesday night.

If it makes you feel any better, I charged a $2.02 Panera lemonade to my credit card Wednesday night.

Yes, thank you. I feel much better ;)

LOL. Yeah, It's becoming that way for me too, when it comes to things I'd like to say. It's getting harder and harder to bite my tongue.

Just an aside about the hug-ums:

"As soon as any interest is shown by the recruits, they may be lovebombed by the recruiter or other cult members. This process of feigning friendship and interest in the recruit was taken up by a number of groups as part of their program for luring people in.

Love-bombing is a coordinated effort, usually under the direction of leadership, that involves long-term members flooding recruits and newer members with flattery, verbal seduction, affectionate but usually nonsexual touching. and lots of attention to their every remark. Love-bombing-or the offer of instant companionship-is a deceptive ploy accounting for many successful recruitment drives. "

- Margaret Thaler Singer from her 1996 book Cults in Our Midst.

I dropped my older kids off at the church today for camp...

I feel sorry for what happened to you. However, I am more worried about your kids. Did you send them away for a week of church camp, where they will be bombarded with this crap for a week, and have no way to avoid it? You at least could run away. They're trapped.

I dropped my older kids off at the church today for camp...

I feel sorry for what happened to you. However, I am more worried about your kids. Did you send them away for a week of church camp, where they will be bombarded with this crap for a week, and have no way to avoid it? You at least could run away. They're trapped.

It's for a weekend and yes I hate it that they're going. That's a whole other topic and I've discussed it at length elsewhere on the boards. I am married to a Xian and the kids go to church with him. I have not dug in my heels and fought over the kids about church involvement, and neither has he, so when the kids want to stay home from church he lets them and doesn't fuss about it. Like I said, that's a whole other discussion I don't want to get into right now. Also you don't need to feel sorry for me - it wasn't horrible, I'm just bitchin' a little ;)

Why in the world where you dropping your kids off there?

Why in the world where you dropping your kids off there?

Scroll. Up.

I would have done the same thing. I've had plenty of days I'd pay 40 bucks for 12 beers! Florduh I like wine in a box! It fits nicely under the bathroom sink where I usually go to have my breakdowns.

I'd be tempted to just sing out, "Ave, Ave, versus Christus," and see their reaction.