Goodbye Jesus

Post Your Own Quotes.

Josefe

A place to post your own quotes, and the ones that inspire you.

I believe having a section here in creative works would be the best place to start a collection of everyone's own and favorite quotes. I want to encourage everyone to post their own quotes, because what you have to say has great value.Those of us that are Ex-Christians have the experience to leave a message that may change a person’s/ Christians life. Any of the sayings you personally feel are true, are quotes that can help and inspire many. Let us not hold back our understanding  from the people that can benefit from it. Let's Share our personal knowledge here, and hope they find it.
( I may quote from ex-christian comments, or articles, I hope no one minds.)

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( QUOTES ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Before you Christians protest too much, consider this: what other book makes God look like a maniac, and cold-blooded, indifferent, punitive and pompous, i.e., a supreme sociopath? What other book has caused so many murders, confusion, strife, genocides. What other source has such blatant, contradictory claims and has gone virtually unedited from the first, wherein, furthermore, its "witnesses” testimonies wouldn’t be accepted in the smallest courtrooms of the USA? Where else, even in ancient texts, will one find genocide portrayed as virtuous?" ~ Carl S Ex-Christian.Net

"How is it that the "holy" omniscient bible-god can still create a person, knowing they will suffer in hell for eternity?"~ Josefe

"We must question the logic of an all-knowing and all-powerful God who creates faulty humans and then blames them for his own mistakes." Gene Roddenberry

We would be 1,500 years ahead if it hadn't been for the church dragging science back by its coattails and burning our best minds at the stake. ~ Catherine Fahringer

"It ain't the parts of the Bible that I can't understand that bother me, it is the parts that I do understand." ~Samuel Clemens

"Christianity used to be the "light of my world," but only because it blackened out everything else so that it was all that I could see."~daedelus Ex-Christian.Net

"I have walked beyond the borders of religion and found that the world is still a beautiful place, filled with wonder, love, and joy." ~Libby Anne Ex-christian.Net

"They were mostly the rudest bunch of critical, backstabbing people I have ever met. In other words they were great Christians; the pride of their churches." ~ Larry Ex-Christians.Net

"I refuse to believe in a God who is the primary cause of conflict in the world, preaches racism, sexism, homophobia, and ignorance, and then sends me to hell if I’m ‘bad’." - Mike Fuhrman.

"The "happy clappy" Christians you see are merely living a delusion: what you see at church is only a facade, and oftentimes their arrogance and sanctimony is merely compensation for their own inner turmoil and unhappiness." ~unoder Ex-Christian.Net

"A god that must be feared is unworthy of worship. No exceptions." ~ Astreja Ex-Christian.net

"Once a person starts to pick and choose in the bible, they have given up on the belief that it is infallible, trustworthy, and god’s inspired word." ~ Josefe Ex-Christians.net

"To leave Christianity one needs to be true, honest, and forward with themself."~ Josefe Ex-Christians.Net

"How could Christianity possibly be an advocate of morality when it demands that you believe in a place of eternal punishment and torture?"~ Josefe Ex-Christian.Net

"The most obvious contradiction committed by the bible- god, is when you compare his "holiness", to the evil atrocities he orders and commits."~ Josefe Ex-Christians. Net

"It is usually those who have truly sought the Christian god that end up denying him.~Josefe Ex-Christian.Net

"It would be silly to believe before anything there was a "god" sitting before a white canvas with the power to do anything for his own pleasure."~ Josefe Ex-Christians.Net

"How is it that the bible-god declares to make us only male and female, but yet creates hermaphrodites? Where in the bible does it say he makes some both male & female?" ~Josefe

" Why does the christian god condemn homosexuality, when he creates people that have both a penis and vagina? That means they cannot have sex, without violating such a law."~ Josefe

"The christian's belief that there can't be "Ex-Christians" is wrong, for that would be an infringement on their freewill." ~ Josefe

"How can the bible-god condemn me of my minor offenses, but yet ignore his major offenses?"~Josefe Ex-Christian.Net

"The desperate need to save someone from the fires of hell as Christian, has changed for many to a need to warn people of such beliefs."~ Josefe Ex-Christians.Net

And the greatest quote ever is: "It feels so good to not fear death and hell anymore." ~ brandon Ex-Christian.Net

''Is it more important to be liked and possible walked over - or is it more important to be respected''?? Your choice!

What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof." - Christopher Hitchens.

"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully." ~ Richard Dawkins (The God Delusion)

This is my anti-christian morality quote. Had Jesus studied the sages before him, he would have known that Lao-Tse said it first, and that he was corrected by Confucius. But he put his foot in his mouth instead.

Lao-Tse (6th century B.C.):

Repay an injury with a good turn.

Confucius:

What, then, do you repay a good turn with? You repay an injury with justice, but repay a good turn with a good turn.

Jesus:

But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well. If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles. Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.

• Like 1

This is my anti-christian morality quote. Had Jesus studied the sages before him, he would have known that Lao-Tse said it first, and that he was corrected by Confucius. But he put his foot in his mouth instead.

Confucius:

What, then, do you repay a good turn with? You repay an injury with justice, but repay a good turn with a good turn.

Jesus:

But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well. If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles. Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.

I don't see how Confucius is more right than Laotzu. I feel like that is a matter of opinion. Lao's answer would be that you repay a good turn with a good turn. Repay everything with a good turn. Pay that shit forward.

If love is no sin, then peaceful activity is no crime. For neither encroaches upon another's pursuit of life or liberty or his own pursuit of freedom, and neither disrupts the common good. -- HZ

• Like 1

Confucius:

Jesus:

I don't see how Confucius is more right than Laotzu. I feel like that is a matter of opinion. Lao's answer would be that you repay a good turn with a good turn. Repay everything with a good turn. Pay that shit forward.

I'm not saying Lao-Tse wouldn't repay a good turn with a good turn. Sometimes a good turn is also called for when injured, but what would happen if "paying everything with a good turn" were followed in every situation? We shouldn't forgive everyone for everything. Most of the time a party that is injured deserves compensation or justice, depending upon the injury. The doctrine of meekness would make us doormats. That is what it comes down to.

"The best cure for Christianity is reading the Bible." - Mark Twain

"An Atheist believes that a hospital should be built instead of a church. An Atheist believes that deed must be done instead of a prayer said. An Atheist strives for involvement in life and not escape into death. He wants disease conquered, poverty vanished, war eliminated." ~Madalyn Murray O'Hair

"The study of theology, as it stands in Christian churches, is the study of nothing; it is founded on nothing; it rests on nothing; it proceeds by no authorities; it has no data; it can demonstrate nothing." ~ Thomas Paine

"You believe in a book that has talking animals, wizards, witches, demons, sticks turning into snakes, food falling from the sky, people walking on water, and all sorts of magical, absurd and primitive stories, and you say that we are the ones that need help?" - Dan Barker, Losing Faith in Faith: From Preacher to Atheist

"Once there was a time when all people believed in God and the church ruled. This time is called the Dark Ages." ~ Richard Lederer

"Show me the bible-god and I will show you an immoral hypocrite."~ Josefe

"Religion does three things quite effectively: Divides people, Controls people, Deludes people." ~ Carlespie Mary Alice McKinney

"I studied every page of this book, and I didn't find enough love to fill a salt shaker. God is not love in the Bible; God is vengeance, from Alpha to Omega." ~Ruth Hurmence Green

"All the tales of miracles, with which the Old and New Testament are filled, are fit only for impostors to preach and fools to believe." ~Thomas Paine

Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration-courage,clear thinking,honesty,fairness,and,above all, love of truth." ~ H.L.Mencken

A Sunday school is a prison in which children do penance for the evil conscience of their parents.~ H.L.Mencken

Just made this one up on the spot. Is it too harsh?

-Philosophers, paleoanthropologists, evolutionary biologists and the like have pondered for centuries exactly what it is that makes us human. Some have said it is the ability to make fire, use tools, etc. Some say it is physical features such as the development of our bepedialism, opposable thumbs and brain to body proportion. Yet others still say it is our moral reasoning skills and language. I would posit that what truly makes us human is our ability to stare up at the stars and ponder our own inevitable mortality. To that effect, only about 10% of the earth's population which was previously believed to be human actually are.

• Like 1

Just made this one up on the spot. Is it too harsh?

-Philosophers, paleoanthropologists, evolutionary biologists and the like have pondered for centuries exactly what it is that makes us human. Some have said it is the ability to make fire, use tools, etc. Some say it is physical features such as the development of our bepedialism, opposable thumbs and brain to body proportion. Yet others still say it is our moral reasoning skills and language. I would posit that what truly makes us human is our ability to stare up at the stars and ponder our own inevitable mortality. To that effect, only about 10% of the earth's population which was previously believed to be human actually are.

Thank you

• Super Moderator

Sometimes it is better to be kind than to be right.

• Like 2

"What makes us human I believe is the very fact that we could ponder such a question."~ Josefe

Well I know this is a lot of quotes, but I couldn't choose. So here they all are...first some from famous people:

Religion has actually convinced people...that there's an invisible man, living in the sky, who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry, forever and ever, till the end of time! But he loves you. --George Carlin

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? --Epicurus

Religious controversies are always productive of more acrimony and irreconcilable hatreds than those which spring from any other cause. I had hoped that liberal and enlightened thought would have reconciled the Christians so that their religious fights would not endanger the peace of Society. --George Washington

It will not do to investigate the subject of religion too closely, as it is apt to lead to Infidelity. --Abraham Lincoln

[in response to someone saying "You're an atheist."] Only on Christmas and Easter. The rest of the time, it doesn't really matter. --Gregory House

And here are some others from some not-so famous people...me and my best friend, Sylvia:

If God is supposed to be all loving and merciful, then why would he send somebody to hell just because they didn't kiss his ass? I'm not God and I wouldn't do that. --me

I don't understand why people hate those who have different religious beliefs. To me that's about as stupid as hating somebody because they like a different flavor of ice cream than you. --me

Even if God did exist, I think that if an omnipotent being didn't like something, that being would make that fact quite clear. --me

Isn't it weird that God supposedly enjoys having a bunch of strangers show up at his house on Sunday mornings unannounced? And then, as if that wasn't enough, they eat his son! I guess God likes rude cannibals. Go figure. --me

I don't get the stigma about atheists and all...it's stupid. Atheists aren't evil, they just don't believe in the same thing you do. Lighten up. Jesus. I know lots of atheists who are nice people. It's a myth that they're "evil" or some shit like that. --Sylvia

I'd argue that the more religious you are, the more asshole potential you have. -- Sylvia

It's my life. It's my mind. Don't tell me what to think. --Sylvia

What a cruel joke if we're just here to kiss the godly ass of some mysterious deity. --Sylvia

• Like 2

Thank you for posting your quotes insaneloner.

''Which is more likely: That the whole natural order is suspended [in your favor~ C.H.] or that a Jewish minx should tell a lie?'' —David Hume.

• Like 1

Thank you for posting your quotes insaneloner.

No problem! :grin:

"As a Christian, I was always trying to make sense of things that made no sense: why God didn't grant prayers that according to the Bible were in his will; why dedicated, spiritual people got contradictory "guidance" from God; why God allows so much apparently gratuitous evil against innocent children; why there were contradictions in the Bible; and on and on. I didn't realize how much it weighed on me, agonizing over all this, until I left it behind. Suddenly I had answers that made sense, even if they were as simple as "Sh*t happens." ~LSpencer777

Sometimes it is better to be kind than to be right.

Sometimes it is better to be right than to be kind. ~ =)~

"Indoctrination is the reason why there are so many adults, who believe in a book full of fairy-tails." ~ Joesefe

Two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer. - Anonymous

The least questioned assumptions are often the most questionable. - Paul Broca

It is necessary to the happiness of man that he be mentally faithful to himself. Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving, it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. - Thomas Paine

Belief in a cruel God makes a cruel man. - Thomas Paine

One man’s religion is another man’s belly laugh. - Isaac Asimov

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." ~ George Bernard Shaw

"If Jesus had been killed twenty years ago, Catholic school children would be wearing little electric chairs around their necks instead of crosses."- Lenny Bruce

"To me there's no clearer sign that Christianity is man-made, than its hundreds of denominations."~ Josefe

It's a beautiful day, because I woke up - Dexter (my son age 3)

Dad's corollary: "To a fundy the option to not is better."

• Like 1

"Question with boldness even the existence of God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." 1787 Thomas Jefferson