Goodbye Jesus

So They Erected An 'iron Cross'?

Margee

When I heard on the news that they were erecting an iron cross for the purpose of 9/11 - I was aghast!! :twitch: What about the Baha'i, Buddhism, 'Confucianism, Hinduism, Islam, Jainism, Judaism, Shinto, Sikhism, Taoism, Wicca, Zoroastrianism, and Druidism people's that were killed in this terrible tragedy??

Why the cross which signifies Christ????:shrug: Isn't there just a symbol of god of some kind, period?? Why the cross?? This would be for christians!!

• Super Moderator

Whatever they do or don't do, someone will make it their business to be offended. I'm really over the 9/11 posturing from all sides. America claims to be a Christian nation so it follows that the attack was against Christians - collateral damage to other religious folk irrelevant.

• Like 2

collateral damage to other religious folk irrelevant.

Very true florduh - but it bugs the shit out of me!!!!:woohoo:

• Like 1

All those other religions aren't taking part in the christian "war on terrorism" against islam. So, it's a symbol of another holy crusade. And it's OK to ignore christian terrorism like they ignore all the other 9/11 victims. Go figure.

If it was up to me, I'd say that they should just make a memorial that was religion-neutral, so to speak. I mean lots of other memorials are like that, like some war memorials and such. But then again, like florduh said, somebody would get all offended because "America is a christian nation!" :Wendywhatever:

You know, reading the subject I immediately thought of something else...

ek2.jpg

And wouldn't it fit in quite well with the morontheist/rightard worldview? :banghead:

• Like 3

Atheists Sue to Stop Display of Cross at World Trade Center Memorial

Posted on July 26, 2011 by Conservative Byte

http://conservativebyte.com/2011/07/atheists-sue-to-stop-display-of-cross-at-world-trade-center-memorial/

Let's crucify them on it.

Camel Peeing

Camel_Peeing_by_Deviant_Savante.jpg

Touched by a Camel

saudi-camel.jpg?w=468&h=316

Just some other suggestions

I wish that they would instead build something on the property, instead of building these pointless religious memorials. Yes, remembering the event is definitely important, but so is showing that we will just come back. Ten years later, those "freedom towers" or whatever still haven't been built, have they?

• Like 1

You know, reading the subject I immediately thought of something else...

ek2.jpg

And wouldn't it fit in quite well with the morontheist/rightard worldview? :banghead:

this is exactly what i thought off when i first read the topic. i thought a church was trying to take german/nazi symbolism or somthing (witch does happen sadly).