Christianity - Fubar!

SillyString

I could never go back, not with my current knowledge base anyway. I mean seriously, how could I unlearn everything I now know? It's not possible. It would take god showing his face in the sky, but even then it wouldn't make me a Christian, it would just make me believe in a god.

It's just so sad that the path to enlightenment is all around us but most people just shield their eyes from the truth.

I don't see how anyone could go back either, but since I've been on the site I've seen a few people struggle with going back or fear of going back.

I also wish more people would open their eyes and see how screwed up it really and truly is.

Think you want to go back to being a Christian? Then watch this:

[How about now?

:twitch: :twitch: I just saved this to my favorites. Some awesome points made here Beth - thank you!

That was a very good video presentation pointing out the Christian version of god's "justice." It's absurd to think that we as human beings can see the injustice of allowing Jeffrey Dahmer to go to heaven but his "unsaved" victims going to hell and that a true god would establish such a system. It is precisely the argument presented in the video which I independently thought about that was one of the major reasons I concluded that the Christian religion in general is not true and that hell in particular does not exist.

Think also of the other side of the coin, which the speaker on the video addressed near the end. And it is that the Christian religion allows people to do whatever they want, no matter how egregious, so long as the perpetrator of the evils manages to get "saved" prior to his or her death. So a person could live the most horrible life imaginable, cheating people, torturing people, lying, stealing and all the rest and, so long as they aren't killed unexpectedly in a car crash or something similar, they repent of their sins and express belief in Jesus as their "Savior" their sordid life matters for naught because they have their ticket to heaven. But the person who lives a truly pious life, always helping others, but who does not express belief in Jesus prior to his or her death will burn in hell forever. This is the other side of the argument and I find it equally convincing that the Christian religion does not express justice and thus is not true.

• Like 2

I want to add this, as well, since what we are talking about is justice. The video showed a clip of an African American woman who showed extreme anger at Dahmer during the Victim Impact Statements. She even went to far as to walk heatedly to Dahmer and, of course, she was subdued. I wondered about her and I did a little research. Her name is Rita Isbell and here is an interesting article about what she did that day:

http://knappy-head.com/Tags/jeffrey-dahmer/

Rita obviously felt that justice against Dahmer was inadequate and she wanted some of her own (and I don't blame her). I wonder what Rita thinks of Jeffrey being in heaven when her loved one who was slain by Dahmer just might be in hell??????? Based on how Rita acted in court that day, I think I know her reaction and I wouldn't want to be the one to tell her about Christian "justice." Maybe Willian Lane Craig has the guts to tell her - but I doubt it.

Did anyone else find all the xian 'rebuttals' to this video going through your head when watching? It annoys me so much that they have an *answer* for everything even when it's blatantly bullshit.

Does anyone else remember this woman - Karla Faye Tucker? She was a murderer and she got executed in 1998. The whole story just highlighted Xtian hypocrisy. As you know most evangelicals are pro-death penalty. But they lobbied for this woman so that they would drop her death penalty. The reason is that in jail she converted to Christianity! So now this murderer was a hero for all those Xtians who otherwise advocate the death penalty (e.g. Pat Robertson).

There was even a Xtian movie made of her life. Warning! This review will make you wanna puke!

Karla Faye Tucker is proof that God can move in mysterious ways, and that He is a loving and forgiving God. When I first saw this on TBN I was tired, and about to head to bed, but something told me to watch it so I did. Through out the film I couldn't look away from the TV, and by the time the credits rolled I was in tears. Her story can soften even the hardest of hearts! The cast was spectacular, it wasn't your "corny Christian"(I'm a Christian and I admit there are some out there that are corny) movie, very professional, and very well acted. You see her life while in prison, how she has changed since giving her life to Jesus. But unlike some movies they don't hide away from the facts, the flashbacks back to 1983 were done quite well. Karen Jezek did an excellent job in portraying Karla, from the looks, to body language, everything was fantastic. She really showed that it wasn't just a character she was portraying, it was a real life woman who had a hard life since childhood. The story shows to non-Christian's that God is real, and He loves everyone no matter what they've done in their lives. It also shows Christians that if God can forgive someone like Karla, how much more should we forgive and accept others who differ from us? Also if we step out of our "comfort zone" look at who we could reach with the message of God's love. Had it not been for people who loved God and wanted to help people like Karla on death row, she might not have found God, and her story wouldn't be as big as it is. All in all, this movie is a must see for everyone!

RIP Karla, you are missed by many!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0485775/

We miss you Karla? For what? The only things she did in her life were murdering people and then in jail converting to Christianity. Apparently that makes her a good person, a hero for Christains....