Goodbye Jesus

It Gets Better: A Letter To Doubters

RevOxley_501

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

Hell yeah :)

• Like 1

This is beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing. I, too, was in a very dark place when I began to lose my faith and I had no one in real life to talk to about it. I'm so grateful for this site.

And I echo what you said: It gets better. It gets MUCH better!

• Like 1

Thank you for this.

Thanks everyone, for the feedback.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope this gets pinned because it is a beautiful and loving welcome.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, RevOxley

I'm new to this site and just found your posting. It's so true! Deconversion is very painful and difficult. My heart aches for people going through this, although it also pains me even more to see people suffer under religion, throwing themselves (full of self-loathing) at an unforgiving, all-consuming fire.

All I can say for sure is that deconversion sure looks different now that I'm the one doing the leaving....

Thanks for your encouraging post.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, RevOxley

I'm new to this site and just found your posting. It's so true! Deconversion is very painful and difficult. My heart aches for people going through this, although it also pains me even more to see people suffer under religion, throwing themselves (full of self-loathing) at an unforgiving, all-consuming fire.

All I can say for sure is that deconversion sure looks different now that I'm the one doing the leaving....

Thanks for your encouraging post.

I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I hope this gets pinned because it is a beautiful and loving welcome.

How would I get it pinned?

I couldn't find anything about it in the 'help' area. My guess would be that you'd need to get ahold of a moderator and request it. To find them, go to the FORUM main page. Go to the bottom where it will show all current activity (kind of interesting if you've never checked it out). Choose 'The Moderating Team', and it will pop up. I don't think this forum has a single moderator responsible for it so choose your favorite and good luck!

Thank you for this post.

What a wonderful post. Yes, it does get better. Once you've fought your way out of the nightmare, there is such a feeling of freedom. In fact, I have found a whole new, beautiful world that's been there all along just waiting to be enjoyed.

I hope, like you, that people will begin to wake up, an realize that religion is just an illusion, maybe even a diversion. As long as people live in fear, they can be controlled. Bullies seek out the vulnerable. How much more vulnerable can we be living in fear of being tortured for eternity. And how easy of a target that makes us.

I personally know, that a lot of preachers and even churches feed off of our fear and ultimately our money. My stepfather was a preacher. He wasn't worried or interested in saving any souls. He was interested in how many members he had and how much money he was receiving from them. (Not saying all preachers are that way.) But they know how to keep us scared and how to keep us coming back. I personally think it's just a money game.

Make it illegal to receive money for preaching the gospel and watch how many churches close down. Watch how many "preachers" will let the people find their own way to god or not. I imagine that once it's not profitable to run a church, there won't be any.

Not trying to hijack your thread, I just agree with everything you wrote and hope that anyone who is experiencing doubt will look beyond the church for answers, because the church is only going to give you the answers that keep you going back.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much for your kindness. Before I deconverted, I never realized how painful and heartbreaking the process of losing your faith can be. Its nice to know there are people out there who understand and care.

• Like 1

When all you gotta keep is strong, move along.

Revster...

Hellova return back to the old digs. I've missed your witty and sharp "pen" here.

Thanks for posting the above, well worth the time and read.

kevinL

• 1 month later...

Revster...

Hellova return back to the old digs. I've missed your witty and sharp "pen" here.

Thanks for posting the above, well worth the time and read.

kevinL

I was wondering where you were brother. Glad to see you still kickin round here.

• 2 weeks later...

That was as good a read second time through as it was the first. Yeah...I snoop your blog...lol! Kinda nice to "see" a familiar face on here, even though you don't know me. Anyway...thanks for posting that!

• Like 1