Goodbye Jesus

A Quick Ten Minute Slam Of Christianity

Margee

I found this and thought I would post it for any of the friends on site who are still struggling with christianity. It's a really good 'summed up' article, on how ridiculous the whole 'bible god' theory is. For those interested........................:grin:

http://members.shaw.ca/tfrisen/Xian/ten_minute.htm

• Like 3

Loved it, thanks for sharing. I also hate the whole "you think you're smarter than god" trump card. I want to respond "nope, because that would be impossible. But I am smarter than the primitive men who wrote it."

• Like 1

very nice, i coppied and pasted it into word.

good seems like it took longer than ten minutes though....ha ha

You know what annoys me is the counter argument that a member of an abrahamic religion will come back with when you point out all the atrocities and values promoted in the sacred texts that aren't at all compatible with many of our modern concepts of morality/ethics.

"Well, for the time, you know it was a different time, I'm sure..."

When would dashing infants and performing/ordaining genocide ever be acceptable?

When would voluntarily giving over your virgin daughter to be gangraped ever be acceptable?

When would killing people for believing differently than you ever be acceptable?

Does your God then change? Does he change his moral sensibilities depending on the secular progress of morality? Does God then follow human morals?

• Like 2

Does God then follow human morals

Yup and that is why we have dispensation and at the same time that god is the same yesterday, today and 4eva.

Makes perfect sense if you are really high on dope, inebriated or devoid of rational thought.

• Like 1

I love this part at the beginning:

''We don't know why He wants to create the world. It must be out of sheer boredom, even though this God is entirely complete in Himself, and does not need any external refrence to derive meaning. But I think God seems to be without meaning, without purpose, He is lonely, and needs to create beings infintesimally smaller than He is to keep himself company. This is His "Plan for the Ages".

He just wanted 'playmates? :shrug:

I love this part at the beginning:

''We don't know why He wants to create the world. It must be out of sheer boredom, even though this God is entirely complete in Himself, and does not need any external refrence to derive meaning. But I think God seems to be without meaning, without purpose, He is lonely, and needs to create beings infintesimally smaller than He is to keep himself company. This is His "Plan for the Ages".

He just wanted 'playmates? :shrug:

Exactly. How about that fact that his patience is endless (since it took 14 billion years for his so called special creation to finally arrive) but he has the ego of a 4 year old.