Goodbye Jesus

Anxiety And Panic

Rockalocka

I have a "new" symptom of my panic attacks and I'm scared that I may have a brain tumor or something. I was at the mall yesterday, I suddenly got sick and started to get dizzy with a headache. It continued today and it's making me really scared. I was just sitting at a computer and all of the sudden, I felt like my head was about to explode with an electric/numbing feeling shooting through my head. I'm only 15. I'm really scared!!!

I have a "new" symptom of my panic attacks and I'm scared that I may have a brain tumor or something. I was at the mall yesterday, I suddenly got sick and started to get dizzy with a headache. It continued today and it's making me really scared. I was just sitting at a computer and all of the sudden, I felt like my head was about to explode with an electric/numbing feeling shooting through my head. I'm only 15. I'm really scared!!!

Panic attacks feel like the worst horrible awful imminent deadly thing ever. If you think you might really have some other medical problem, go to a doctor. If you are sure it is 100% panic attacks, then they do not cause tumors or anything else deadly. The electric/numbing sensation in your brain is just adrenaline and some other stress cocktails. It feels horrendous, but is not dangerous. It can be managed. The next time you feel panic come on, try snapping your fingers lightly back and forth in front of your eyes. Does the sensation relax?

Do you do mindfulness meditation?

Phanta

• Like 1

Listen to Phanta. I don't know about the meditation thing but you need to do something about all this anxiety you have. It's not good for a kid, or anyone, to be wound up this tight.

mwc

Get you thyroid checked out. It may be overactive. I used to get this too at your age.

• Super Moderator

You can't get a physical examination and psychiatric workup on a website. Camp out at a free clinic if you have to, but get yourself checked out by people who can actually help you.

• Like 1

You can't get a physical examination and psychiatric workup on a website. Camp out at a free clinic if you have to, but get yourself checked out by people who can actually help you.

Listen to Florduh Rock!

Being scared you have a brain tumor can lead to even more anxiety. Eliminate that portion of your anxiety by ruling out the possibility of a brain tumor. In other words, get yourself to a doctor pronto. And when you see the doctor, tell him/her everything!!!!!!

• Like 2

Being scared you have a brain tumor can lead to even more anxiety. Eliminate that portion of your anxiety by ruling out the possibility of a brain tumor. In other words, get yourself to a doctor pronto. And when you see the doctor, tell him/her everything!!!!!!

Listen to Overcame, Rock!!

That's a good point.

Get professional help ASAP. Panic attacks are not deadly, but they will make you miserable and get worse and wierder without treatment. They are totally treatable, too. The problems grow over time if you don't treat them, because your brain will come up with all sorts of strange ideas about what is going on. Get help from a psychologist now and cut that suffering right out.

If it is something other than panic attacks causing these symptoms, you need treatment from a physician immediately.

Phanta

I have panic disorder. It took a long time to get a diagnosis...I was given hormones, anti-depressants, doctor's orders to go on sick leave from work so I could "de-stress," none of which worked Some people can be very unfeeling about it. The first psychiatrist I went to said, "You know a panic attack won't kill you, right?" I thought, well of course I know that, if they were fatal I'd already be dead!

Please get professional help. There is a difference between experiencing panic attacks and panic disorder, but you need a diagnosis and perhaps meds to deal with the panic. You probably don't have a brain tumor, but you need to verify this so you can mark it off your "thoughts that trigger an attack" list. It's important, also, to find an empathetic health professional. But for right now, just concentrate on getting a diagnosis. It's one step at a time, one day at time, but with proper treatment it does get better and your brain will begin to work logically again.

I feel for you, I truly do. Panic, anxiety, and depression can literally be disabling. I am on SS disability now due to panic disorder, major depressive disorder, and borderline agoraphobia. The latter has gotten better now that I can control my environment, and the first two are somewhat eased with the right meds. It may never go away, but you MUST make an effort to get better. I'm being so emphatic only because I know the consequences of hoping it will get better by itself. Chances are, it won't.

• Like 2