Goodbye Jesus

Why Do You Follow A Genocidal God?

Greatest I am

Greatest I am, forgive me for stating the obvious, but a lot of people worship the Genocidal God because they're too terrified not to. Even before the idea of hell was invented, you still had people fearing that if they didn't obey said God they' be cursed with disease, or famine, or suffer violent death at it's hands.

Seems so, but then, should Christians not say that their faith is generated by the Stockholm syndrome?

Actually, I would not have a problem with following God's commands if he was around to prove that he was God but all we have is men speaking for an un-knowable and un-fathomable God.

They somehow know the un-knowable. Or are lying. I think the later to be true.

I know that fear is a good motivator but to live in fear all of ones life seems like a poor way to add quality to your life.

Regards

DL

Christians will have to re-write the Bible.

Love you neighbor but not if he is a heathen.

DL

What they call love is intolerance disguised as compassion. The argument seems to be, if you thought someone was going to hell, wouldn't it be the loving thing to do to try to help them? It's the same argument Christian parents use when their gay child comes out. "We just want to help you because you're sinning by being gay, we're sending you to an anti-gay camp because we love you." Since the parents seem to think they're doing the right thing, that somehow makes it ok.

Speak up and say that the bible is immoral, that the bible God is a tyrant, and you're automatically in league with Satan. It's Satan in me that says killing children is wrong, and sending people to hell for not believing in that child-killing god is wrong. And the reason you don't believe is because you just want to sin. No, I have no patience for people like that. Christians make idiotic arguments to try to justify their God for things that were obviously man's idea. It's like trying to have a conversation with an insane person.

Christians will have to re-write the Bible.

Love you neighbor but not if he is a heathen.

DL

What they call love is intolerance disguised as compassion. The argument seems to be, if you thought someone was going to hell, wouldn't it be the loving thing to do to try to help them? It's the same argument Christian parents use when their gay child comes out. "We just want to help you because you're sinning by being gay, we're sending you to an anti-gay camp because we love you." Since the parents seem to think they're doing the right thing, that somehow makes it ok.

Speak up and say that the bible is immoral, that the bible God is a tyrant, and you're automatically in league with Satan. It's Satan in me that says killing children is wrong, and sending people to hell for not believing in that child-killing god is wrong. And the reason you don't believe is because you just want to sin. No, I have no patience for people like that. Christians make idiotic arguments to try to justify their God for things that were obviously man's idea. It's like trying to have a conversation with an insane person.

I hear and agree.

There is hope though on the Gay front but movement is too slow for my liking.

It seems that the rank and file are finally moving the entrenched hierarchy. I think it is those bastards that are holding back the people and are the enemy of secular efforts to become more civilized.

Here is what gives me hope.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/11/08/minnesota.catholic.gay.marriage/index.html?eref=rss_latest&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_latest+%28RSS%3A+Most+Recent%29

http://www.ketv.com/r/28214658/detail.html

Regards

DL

I just wanted to add that at the same time, those of good heart cannot stop fighting their homophobic ways as some Christians are still at it.

Regards

DL