Goodbye Jesus

You Can't Turn The Other Cheek!

homospiritus

Okay so this has been on my mind all morning. I was chatting with somebody from New York city who is Catholic and she told me about this incident where she was in a taxi and the driver overcharged her. She told the driver off and kept her money. But wasn't that wrong of her if she's a Christian?

*sigh* See this is what I don't get. If you're a Christian and you live in a place like NYC you can't possibly turn the other cheek. You'd have to throw all common sense out the window to do what Jesus said. So, if Christians do turn the other cheek, wouldn't they all be beat down every day instead of standing up for themselves?

There are two Jesuses: one turns the other cheek, the other kicks ass in the Den of Thieves. Christians want to be the kick-ass Jesus and everyone else to be the meek Jesus.

I turn the other cheek, while performing a back-fist! Swinging gate technique.

Didn't Jesus also say to sell all your possessions and dispense with your family relationships, and follow Him? I don't see many xtians doing that, either.

I always liked mathew 24 19

And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!

Woe to oral sex! Yet, Jesus blows...

Okay so this has been on my mind all morning. I was chatting with somebody from New York city who is Catholic and she told me about this incident where she was in a taxi and the driver overcharged her. She told the driver off and kept her money. But wasn't that wrong of her if she's a Christian?

*sigh* See this is what I don't get. If you're a Christian and you live in a place like NYC you can't possibly turn the other cheek. You'd have to throw all common sense out the window to do what Jesus said. So, if Christians do turn the other cheek, wouldn't they all be beat down every day instead of standing up for themselves?

I still definitely try to practice the "turn the other cheek" line as much as I can. not that I am against "justice", but I'm not going to eye-for-eye everyone who fucks with me. You gotta learn to let a lot just go.