Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

To be fair - what I'm hearing about is pretty horrendous.

Christian children being beheaded by ISIL militants.  Apparently the footage is out there though I wouldn't even consider watching it.

What can you do?  I mean - what's the answer?

No particular quote.

But - I'm sick to death of Christians only posting things about Christians suffering as a result of the Middle East Conflict.

Do they post anything when Gazan children get blown to pieces or the "wrong" sect of Muslims get run out of town?  Hell no.

But Christians suffer??  Oh no, I must put it on facebook!

Total tribalism.  Blind to everyone except their own sect.

(By none of this do I seek to belittle the real and terrible suffering that many, many, are suffering.)

I couldn't agree more.  I'm sick to death of hearing about this too.

It's not that I'm sick to death of hearing about it.  We need to hear about it.  It's a dreadful situation.

What I'm sick of is Christians ONLY seeming to care about other Christians.

That's what I meant, I'm sick of hearing the xian spin on it.

Christian children being beheaded by ISIL militants.  Apparently the footage is out there though I wouldn't even consider watching it.

IMO the only thing we can do as individuals is oppose religion.  States can intervene and I support than in principle.

1910009_10152626127853923_63540805994782

The cheesiness is almost endearing. Notice the obvious computer masking over a lovely red painting and the replacement of a paintbrush with a pencil clearly incapable of making the thick, dark characters used in writing the note.

• Like 3

1910009_10152626127853923_63540805994782

The cheesiness is almost endearing. Notice the obvious computer masking over a lovely red painting and the replacement of a paintbrush with a pencil clearly incapable of making the thick, dark characters used in writing the note.

A Christian faking something? No!!! Say it isn't true!

I like the fact that they still capture the look of smugness on the smiley face.

• Like 1

I don;t care if they pray to their god, I care that they indoctrinate children with fear and self loathing, and force their anti-social religious ideas into public policy.

• Like 5

Just caught this gem:

The song "midnight cry" is on repeat in my mind after reading the headlines the past few days. Better make your callings and elections sure. We never know when this could happen to us. I hate to be a Debbie downer this morning but the whole purpose of us being on this earth is to live for Jesus and recruit as many others as possible. He IS coming back one day soon whether we like it or believe it. You only need to look in a Bible to see it's true. Even if you don't believe what I'm saying is true you have to see the news lines up with what is in the Bible. It's no coincidence folks. It's not a scary thing for me, staying on this earth is scary to me. I'm ready for a better place! Lift up your eyes for our redemption draweth nigh!

Send in the drones. :-)

Just caught this gem:

The song "midnight cry" is on repeat in my mind after reading the headlines the past few days. Better make your callings and elections sure. We never know when this could happen to us. I hate to be a Debbie downer this morning but the whole purpose of us being on this earth is to live for Jesus and recruit as many others as possible. He IS coming back one day soon whether we like it or believe it. You only need to look in a Bible to see it's true. Even if you don't believe what I'm saying is true you have to see the news lines up with what is in the Bible. It's no coincidence folks. It's not a scary thing for me, staying on this earth is scary to me. I'm ready for a better place! Lift up your eyes for our redemption draweth nigh!

Is it just me, or did this piss anyone else off? I'm sorry if I offend you (obviously this is a friend).

(I read stuff like that now with such ascerbic disgust that I can't scroll by fast enough. I'm afraid I may respond one of these days, and that'll be the end of it, the mass jump from my friends will be swift and final.)

Person finally feels affected by world events even though they've been going on for millenia, because xtians are being affected, therefore SIGN! Not afraid = because jesus, but make your calling and election sure ( because what really matters most is self). Why, if you read the bible, it's in there! Just look at the vagaries, they're so obvious, and not in any way in all kinds of other books! Hey, I'm good, me and jesus totally get each other, but YOU, you'd better be affected by my recruiting, my rewards points balance won't even garner me a toaster yet, and I'm about to cash in!!

Sorry, I had Scorn Flakes for breakfast.

• Like 1

Well, maybe don't endorse the sentiment with a smile, but yes - I suppose so.

Well, maybe don't endorse the sentiment with a smile, but yes - I suppose so.

Speaking of the ISIS situation, I saw on CNN that some of the Yazidis were air lifted to safety. That's a good thing, but what struck me is that they had a reporter taking video on at least one of the helicopters. I'm all for getting news out, but in that situation it would be far better to leave that seat for another refugee to be rescued. Allowing a reporter on there just wastes valuable space that could have been better utilized in rescuing people.

• Like 3

just realized it was already posted >.<

More likely dreaming of sucking in a boobie!  :)

1235025_635394826492382_1770679969_n.jpg

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

More likely dreaming of sucking in a boobie!  smile.png

1235025_635394826492382_1770679969_n.jpg

Or passing gas!

(Cue Brother Jeff!)

yelrotflmao.gif

No particular quote.

But - I'm sick to death of Christians only posting things about Christians suffering as a result of the Middle East Conflict.

Do they post anything when Gazan children get blown to pieces or the "wrong" sect of Muslims get run out of town?  Hell no.

But Christians suffer??  Oh no, I must put it on facebook!

Total tribalism.  Blind to everyone except their own sect.

(By none of this do I seek to belittle the real and terrible suffering that many, many, are suffering.)

I couldn't agree more.  I'm sick to death of hearing about this too.

Funny thing is how many christians are really suffering in a land dominated by jewish people and islamists?

Both sides are wrong. Both are fighting to the last man so to speak and neither side gives a flying fuck about the rest of us or the world.

Greedy children all of them and they can all burn for all i care. They all need to go away and let us move on. Why should they get to keep having this fight over and over while the rest of us watch.

I am sick of my tax dollars helping either side in an endless conflict in which genocide is the onyl answer either side really wants.

I say both sides should be denied what they want and move them all to antartica let them fight out to the last man there instead and we can sell the land to someone who will use it for something other than war.

yes this is sarcasim, sort of :)

So this popped up on my news feed this morning.

"The lost aren't interested in THE truth, but only in THEIR truth. They rely only on their own moral compass, thus can never find the way."

Followed by the comment:

"How depressing for those who follow that moral compass and ignore real legitimate spiritual truth but think they are "ok" with the Lord until judgement happens and it's too late then. What a joyful moment when someone truly surrenders to Jesus and that bad ending goes away!"

​The arrogance and ignorance of these statements just blows me away now that I have my eyes wide open. I can almost guarantee that neither of these people have even attempted to discover where the 'lost' are coming from, nor have tested the faith they cling so tightly to.

I think perhaps a more apt statement would be; 'Christians aren't interested in THE truth, but only in THEIR truth. They rely only on a fallible, error ridden, blood soaked book of myth and legend and deceptive personal experiences, thus can never find the way.'

Aaargh!

• Like 3

'Christians aren't interested in THE truth, but only in THEIR truth. They rely only on a fallible, error ridden, blood soaked book of myth and legend and deceptive personal experiences, thus can never find the way.'

Aaargh!

This is a major problem with the faith. They cannot sell you a plan of salvation coherently. What sort of baptism is pleasing to God, are we once saved , always saved. What denomination should we join, what version of The Bible has the Truth....

Just saw this quote...... Had to laugh..

Please pray against the lightning. We want / need this pool party. Seriously please pray!

There is a youth group pool party tonite, but it's been rainy/stormy off and on.. apparently god NEEDS to fix this so that those teenagers can have their pool party. I mean CMON god, get your priorities straight!

• Like 1

Please pray against the lightning. We want / need this pool party. Seriously please pray!

There is a youth group pool party tonite, but it's been rainy/stormy off and on.. apparently god NEEDS to fix this so that those teenagers can have their pool party. I mean CMON god, get your priorities straight!

OMGwhichprayerwillGodanswer_zps837f5322.

• Like 3

OMGwhichprayerwillGodanswer_zps837f5322.

Yeah, some rain right about now would help the people on the mountain in Iraq in 45 degrees celcius heat without enough food or water, who are trapped there by genocidal religionists.

10494582_10152580958934410_2407775447786

So you don't own your own sexuality?  Who does then?

Oh please. You could always 'use' a cucumber in the produce section then put it  back when you're done. :-)

Buying cucumbers just became a lot more disturbing.   You never know where that things been

Good god. I used to like grocery shopping....I'm going to be paranoid now....the carrots could have been anywhere and you can't tell....

"A Christian Analysis of the Loss of Robin Williams" was recently posted on Facebook by a relative.

http://www.onenewsnow.com/perspectives/bryan-fischer/2014/08/13/a-christian-analysis-of-the-loss-of-robin-williams

Wendytwitch.gif  NOON8642CustomImage0569057.gif

Barf.

I was rereading Brother Jeff's original post about his FB friends comments and one of them said this: "That is why American is in the condition it is in - we have forgotten God."

Every time someone says that, I picture biblegod crying alone in a corner because no one loves him. It always makes me laugh.

• Like 4

I want to poke my eyes out with a fork tonite. Stupid passive agressive posts on FB. And this awesome quote that I literally laughed out loud when reading:

We as a culture stopped taking scripture at face value when we bought into the lie of evolution. Creation and Genesis is the foundation of the Bible. If people don't take that literally, then they will doubt the rest of scripture

• Like 1