Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

Oh, I'm aware of that. This person commented on an article about people getting upset over the Gaines from the Fixer-Upper show attending an anti-gay church that persecuting people for their beliefs was just as wrong as persecuting them for their sexuality. Ahem. When have Christians been imprisoned not for denying people rights because of their beliefs, but for their actual beliefs? When were they denied rights to their families because of their beliefs? I don't care what the Gaines think, just that they are probably donating to their evangelical church so they can spread their poison to other countries that aren't aware of Christian stupidity. I'm so glad this branch of religion is dying.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I saw one today that implied that the Presidential election process was indeed hacked, but by Jesus, not the Russians.

On Facebook I have a lot of Christian friends, and unfortunately a lot of posts in my feed are like this, which is the reason I rarely go on myself. But a pastor I follow has all sorts of posts about miracles he attributes to God.

For example, on his recent trip to Italy, it was extremely foggy and he wanted to get pictures when it was brighter, so he asked God to make it brighter outside. According to him, in less than five minutes, the fog was gone and the sun was out, giving him more proof there was a God behind it all.

Now, I don't know how long on average it takes for fog to clear up, but even if I were to take on his stance and immediately consider it Gawd's work-- why does God spend time doing little things like clearing clouds when he could be ending world hunger?

• Like 1

On Facebook I have a lot of Christian friends, and unfortunately a lot of posts in my feed are like this, which is the reason I rarely go on myself. But a pastor I follow has all sorts of posts about miracles he attributes to God.

For example, on his recent trip to Italy, it was extremely foggy and he wanted to get pictures when it was brighter, so he asked God to make it brighter outside. According to him, in less than five minutes, the fog was gone and the sun was out, giving him more proof there was a God behind it all.

Now, I don't know how long on average it takes for fog to clear up, but even if I were to take on his stance and immediately consider it Gawd's work-- why does God spend time doing little things like clearing clouds when he could be ending world hunger?

People look for patterns to prove God, when they find patterns this proves God to them. It's a self reinforcing cycle.

My Grandfather in his later work years was harassed by two members of his work. Within one year one man's wife and child were burned alive in a car accident, then recently his ex boss suffered a major stroke. It wasn't said in as many words, but the inference was that Karma had gotten these men, possibly even judgement from God. Whereas this was random occurrence that was attached to being harassed.

As to how fast fog clears depends on conditions but can clear within minutes.

I was looking for a steel rule the other day, wandered around. Uttered a prayer to find it, saw it and immediately said "thank the lord". I'm atheist, go figure!

To answer your question I quote Sam Harris: "This kind of faith really is the perfection of narcissism: “God loves me, don’t you know? He cured me of my eczema; he makes me feels so good while singing in church; and just when we had given up hope, he found a banker who was willing to reduce my mother’s mortgage.” Given all this god of yours does not accomplish in the lives of others, given the misery that’s being imposed on some helpless child at this instant, this kind of faith is obscene."

Yeah, it was pretty thick fog but I figured even that could be just plain coincidence. Seriously, priorities, God! People dying of cancer or pretty pictures... ehhhhh, pretty pictures.

This is what I'd really like to send around on my Facebook but I got too many christians friends......

Thanks to Ex-c where I can be my real self!

15965362_1349655661724172_21249021833231

Hah!,

That's funny, Margie.

There's a large repository in my brain (well, not TOO large - you see how small my brain is) full of the stuff I would say during family get-together s if I possessed sufficiently  proportioned huevos!

• Like 2

Interesting, yet sad, how the fundy-ism is accompanied by undie-bundies that are just way-the-hell too tight!

• 2 weeks later...

Found this on Twitter. Apparently, it's from some idiots protesting at the inauguration:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2j6ncOXgAEW5af.jpg

Checked out their site. The usual crap :D

I posted about climate change and someone from the family's church sarcastically responded with the laugh reaction. True Christian love.

Found this on Twitter. Apparently, it's from some idiots protesting at the inauguration:

Checked out their site. The usual crap biggrin.png

Gamers? GAMERS??? What do they have against gamers?

As a gamer I choose to embrace my inner snowflake and be offended. I need a safe space!

That aside I wonder if they define themselves as "so called Christians"? Me thinking a bit of no true Scotsman fallacy going on in their thinking.

Checked out their site. The usual crap biggrin.png

Gamers? GAMERS??? What do they have against gamers?

As a gamer I choose to embrace my inner snowflake and be offended. I need a safe space!

That aside I wonder if they define themselves as "so called Christians"? Me thinking a bit of no true Scotsman fallacy going on in their thinking.

Why would gamers be exempt from God's Wrath? They're not spending all their time praising Jeebus. My personal favourite is "Mama's boys" :D

Why would gamers be exempt from God's Wrath? They're not spending all their time praising Jeebus. My personal favourite is "Mama's boys" :D

Aren't there Jeebus video games yet? I can just see it now: Dodge the Legion of demons as Jesus casts them into a herd of swine!

Okay, so not the usual meme or stupid picture, but I stumbled upon this one on twitter and didn't know where else to post it, so here goes:
"please convert back to the religion of your ancestors. i want you to be a muslim because if you were hit by bus and died you will go straight to hell unless you repent and ask allah for forgiveness"

Adressed to an ex-Muslim atheist. Don't we recognize this kind of reasoning somehow? ^^

It's not the first time I'm trying to make this case, but people who're caught up in the whole deconversion process should really check out the arguments made by Muslims, and see how strikingly similar (and equally full of BS) they are to ones made by Christians.

Why would gamers be exempt from God's Wrath? They're not spending all their time praising Jeebus. My personal favourite is "Mama's boys" biggrin.png

Aren't there Jeebus video games yet? I can just see it now: Dodge the Legion of demons as Jesus casts them into a herd of swine!

http://www.silvergames.com/run-jesus-run

http://www.bijbelspel.nl/php/index2.php?&width=0&height=0&page_id=2&lang=en

Why would gamers be exempt from God's Wrath? They're not spending all their time praising Jeebus. My personal favourite is "Mama's boys" biggrin.png

http://www.silvergames.com/run-jesus-run

That game still exists?! Haha, used to get a kick out of that.

• Like 1

Destructive Image

The pic isnt necessarily Christian, but it was posted by a fundy on my FB feed and everyone was commenting that they were all children of the king and all that Christian vomit.

I think the most destructive thing I have ever done is believe the "kings" opinion of me. Glad I don't see myself that way anymore.

• Like 1

Regarding a person's recovery from a near-failure of some organs:

"Amen... we know He didn't need the oils to heal him but He did allow us to use them for reasons for His glory"

This person changed their diet and used essential oils and other homeopathic treatments. and their body responded.

I'd love to know what would have happened if they had foregone the oils and treatments and had just "prayed".

Nothing would have happened. They would have either listened to their doctors and gotten well, or they would have had "faith" and organ failure and death.

Idiots.

Their god didn't "need" anything to affect a "healing", but god sure didn't prevent the proven remedies from working they way they have for 5.000 years or so.

You know... since the time of the magic boat with all the millions of animal species in it.

• 3 weeks later...

Fundies... :D So far today I have heard that if we try to please an invisible sky man, everything will change... and prayer (talking to the ceiling/talking to an invisible sky man) sweetens the air...jesus.gif lmao_99.gif

Fundies... biggrin.png So far today I have heard that if we try to please an invisible sky man, everything will change... and prayer (talking to the ceiling/talking to an invisible sky man) sweetens the air...jesus.gif lmao_99.gif

It affects the air just like this:

:fart:

• Like 2

Sure, go ahead and give your bills and career to God. Just don't complain when the lights get turned off, or you get fired for being a lazy person.

ugh.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

,lol been there done that, it doesn't work lol. He CANT HEAR YOU CUZ HE'S NOT REAL!!!

On 7/30/2016 at 8:55 AM, Fweethawt said:

Wonder which bad is being ripped off this time?

i9sV9TU.jpg

HOLY SHIT!!! I knew the Christards didn't like secular music much, but they went and CRUCIFIED Bryan Adams?!? WTF???

On 3/17/2017 at 3:48 AM, L.B. said:

HOLY SHIT!!! I knew the Christards didn't like secular music much, but they went and CRUCIFIED Bryan Adams?!? WTF???

Would have to be the most boring, vanilla crucifixion ever.