Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

555192_468045813259866_1047313279_n.jpg?

Here's one from my M-I-L. I am fortunate to have a very kindhearted one, even though she frequently posts stuff like this.

418552_10150549132689268_1038044804_n.jp

24 minutes ago, Fweethawt said:

krvgzhsf2hc01.jpg

What on earth does this even mean? Either I am just not awake enough this morning to comprehend this, or it's totally a non sequitur.

19 minutes ago, Deathportal365 said:

What on earth does this even mean? Either I am just not awake enough this morning to comprehend this, or it's totally a non sequitur.

I have no clue either. 

This is from a dear friend of mine, but one who has many struggles God hasn't "taken care" of:

26993491_1780833378602797_12562087110731

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Deathportal365 said:

Heck if I know. It just sounds like the ramblings of some crazy fundy to me.

16 hours ago, Fweethawt said:

a7b5sxu4lqc01.jpg

Dafuk ?!?

25 minutes ago, Fweethawt said:

oAcx0Yh.jpg

Every fundy I know is in a few of those categories - on a regular basis - as in before DURING and after repenting.

Anyway, tonight I'm planning on making love to my Gibson ES-335 while enjoying a glass of grape juice and thinking how foolish it would be to believe in something I cannot feel/see/touch/taste etc.

Poor fundies don't know what they claim to be missing.

7 hours ago, Fweethawt said:

nqzm7l9e6nd01.jpg

I was just thinking yesterday about how Christianity(especially in Texas where I live) seems to be more of a cultural phenomenon than anything else. For all the tock about relationship with a higher being that supposedly loves us, it's more just another label many people give themselves so they know who else is part of their "group." Or perhaps who "isn't." The person in this picture would have no trouble finding a group of friends in Texas.

Regardless of how one feels about Mr. Trump's policies, I think he played the cultural Christians like a fiddle, and exposed the shallowness of a large portion of Evangelicals. He didn't have to actually know scriptures (or even pronounce Bible books correctly) because a lot of his (outspoken) Christian voting bloc don't either. Christianity, for many, is just a tribal identifier and a license to be outraged at the way people live who are outside that tribe.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Deathportal365 said:

Christianity, for many, is just a tribal identifier and a license to be outraged at the way people live who are outside that tribe.

I see this in Southern Oregon a lot too.

I can't tell you how nervous that makes me. That keeps me from speaking out more than I currently do about the fallaciousness of religion - primarily xanity. Some of these folks can be rather vindictive - likely stemming from a survivalist kind of mentality.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, MOHO said:

I see this in Southern Oregon a lot too.

I can't tell you how nervous that makes me. That keeps me from speaking out more than I currently do about the fallaciousness of religion - primarily xanity. Some of these folks can be rather vindictive - likely stemming from a survivalist kind of mentality.

It is potentially horrifying. I am increasingly concerned about the constant outrage that is all around us on social media, TV news, etc. People get high on it constantly. I see a lot of parallels between the self-described "SJW's" on the left and the religious right culture-war Christians. Sure, they argue from vastly different positions, but their drug of choice (outrage) is the same. And when they rally for political power, I fear those who lose the most aren't the ones who lost elections, but the ones who wish to pursue happiness without being bothered by people who don't know them but "know what's best for them."

Have you ever browsed the Godless in Dixie blog? (I highly recommend it).  He talks about the reality of people in the Bible belt risking losing employment if they admit they aren't Christian. A scary thought indeed.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 2/1/2018 at 11:13 PM, Fweethawt said:

nqzm7l9e6nd01.jpg

Her and her assault rifle are doing God's work for the Prince of Peace.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Here's a fun one...

27655244_10102705450148116_6317537977038

• Sad 2

On 1/31/2018 at 5:39 PM, Fweethawt said:

oAcx0Yh.jpg

Yahweh fits in some of those categories.

• 3 weeks later...

I know this has been posted on previous pages in this thread, but it showed up on my facebook again from my super-religious friend. In light of recent events, this is undoubtedly making the rounds. I *almost* can't believe somebody is probably cashing in on this garbage. (putting it on a t-shirt and all). Almost.

644188_526552814037754_1413004826_n.jpg?

• Super Moderator

^^Using that "logic" -- why did god allow church shootings?   smh

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, buffettphan said:

^^Using that "logic" -- why did god allow church shootings?   smh

Haaa...I'm surprised *that* isn't on a shirt. This same friend would probably post that too. He shared a photo of Billy Graham with President Truman from a conspiracy page he follows. Several comments were about how Billy Graham was a tool of Satan...

You need a new religion/belief set if you really believe god would allow the death of children because his feelings were hurt.

• Like 2