Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

Thoughts on this one? Why does god need to be involved at all?

1982024_823357897679632_77819866_n.jpg?e

Well, @Deathportal365,

This really is an ex-Christian oriented web site not, necessarily, an atheist one.  However, and form an atheist's point of view, a god does not need to be involved for one to forgive someone. In fact that act is between you and you. Some religions have hijacked the concept of forgiveness for...well... the same reasons they do everything else they do. 

Money and power - via mental, social, and sometimes violent manipulation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here's another one from my childhood friend-turned-fundie:

16992256_739553052874583_364924832533772

29314721_10155671203117917_4085142776197

• Haha 1

There is a billboard that a church has Had their advertisement on since 2016. It says, "Jesus save america!" "Drain the swamp" .

• Haha 1

Here is yet another one from the usual poster in my feed. Below the picture, the original poster who shared it wrote "you know what.....Fu#k it. #Team God."

29177113_1734852353241424_17445119026632

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

27858798_1972270822824258_87720087903224

Bro Jeff started this thread 

Only seems right that someone puts up something of his here now that he’s back over there. 

Kinda a tribute or something???

Oh well

14 hours ago, Fweethawt said:

fbgcvnpiv9s01.jpg

i do not use screen protector for my ipad and iphone, so can i teach her au naturale???

stupid f

Ugh. Believe it or not, I am not so pessimistic as I was growing up Christian. But this just irks me. What a privileged thing to say. Imagine saying this crap to someone who is in the midst of unspeakable tragedy.

31068898_10155381869726179_5911838946106

• Confused 1

Facebook is a gold mine tonight.

30716278_10156222790331668_3870204518008

• Haha 3

• 1 month later...

Forwarded from multiples....

Capture.PNG

• Haha 1

• Super Moderator

After reading the last few of these, I think we need a "rolling the eyes" or "banging head" or "barf" reaction button.  Wish I knew someone who could "git it done"---:lmao:

• Like 1

Way to put words in Jesus's mouth. This one made me want to barf.

2DB9F536-3351-4121-BF33-0EA3FB38C524-3161-000003719AE11199.jpeg

• Haha 2

• 3 months later...

I have just had a friend reply to a click bait on Facebook about "Joel Osteens Mansion". 

Fine, it's click bait. But, OMG, the fundies defending him and claiming it's "God's blessing"  make me want to puke. 

Rant over. 😁 

• Super Moderator

godSo, my mom bottled up a lot of water in case they had to live rough during Hurricane Florence.   We are planning to visit Redneck Jr. this weekend, and will need water for the trip.  So what does mommy dearest post on Facebook?

"god knew we would need water for our trip this weekend, and I've got plenty now because of the hurricane.  he truly is jehovah jireh, who provides for us.  Praise him."

Yes.  The fucking lord god sent a fucking hurricane that fucking killed a dozen fucking people so your fucking ass could have some bottled fucking water on your fucking trip to fucking Georgia.  May their fucking sacrifice be fucking remembered every fucking time you fucking take a fucking drink.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

godSo, my mom bottled up a lot of water in case they had to live rough during Hurricane Florence.   We are planning to visit Redneck Jr. this weekend, and will need water for the trip.  So what does mommy dearest post on Facebook?

"god knew we would need water for our trip this weekend, and I've got plenty now because of the hurricane.  he truly is jehovah jireh, who provides for us.  Praise him."

Yes.  The fucking lord god sent a fucking hurricane that fucking killed a dozen fucking people so your fucking ass could have some bottled fucking water on your fucking trip to fucking Georgia.  May their fucking sacrifice be fucking remembered every fucking time you fucking take a fucking drink.

Im feeling the pain in this post

• Haha 2

On 9/19/2018 at 7:13 PM, TheRedneckProfessor said:

The lengths some people will go to in order to beat back that little voice in their heads that keeps trying to talk a little sense and maybe even some reationality. When they publicly expound on how their make-believe sky-daddy has provided something or influenced current events in even the slightest way it would seem that they feel they are expressing their faith and belief to the world. What I hear is, somewhere deep down inside, an admission that faith is equivalent to horse hucky and must be propped up on a regular basis. 

• Like 1

I used to follow the Facebook page of a guy who calls himself "the dirty Christian". The guy was obsessed with Calvinism. Like every few posts he was rubbing it in everyone's faces. Someone commented on one of these posts asking how he would feel if God predestined his children to go to hell, and if he would accept that. The Calvinist bastard responded, "I would have to accept that they were exactly where God wanted them to be". 

Like how sick is that? His own children. If God decided he wanted them in hell, he wouldn't object. It honestly scares me how otherwise good people can subscribe to such a vile doctrine. At this point I interjected and said, "So God wants people to go to hell, then?" Of course I got no response.......

• Like 4

On 9/26/2018 at 5:18 AM, Stargazer95 said:

I used to follow the Facebook page of a guy who calls himself "the dirty Christian". The guy was obsessed with Calvinism. Like every few posts he was rubbing it in everyone's faces. Someone commented on one of these posts asking how he would feel if God predestined his children to go to hell, and if he would accept that. The Calvinist bastard responded, "I would have to accept that they were exactly where God wanted them to be". 

Like how sick is that? His own children. If God decided he wanted them in hell, he wouldn't object. It honestly scares me how otherwise good people can subscribe to such a vile doctrine. At this point I interjected and said, "So God wants people to go to hell, then?" Of course I got no response.......

When I was in college, in one of our classes we were discussing the "age of accountability" idea and Calvinism (we were Christian studies majors).  One guy said that if his baby were to die he had to believe he would go to hell because he wasn't old enough to accept Jesus.  So all babies go to hell.

• Sad 1

48 minutes ago, MamaCaz said:

When I was in college, in one of our classes we were discussing the "age of accountability" idea and Calvinism (we were Christian studies majors).  One guy said that if his baby were to die he had to believe he would go to hell because he wasn't old enough to accept Jesus.  So all babies go to hell.

Is that a common view among Calvinists, or just that guy's view? I've always assumed that most Christians take the position that infants are too young to understand anything, and so are automatically pardoned. That raises the question, of course, that if a person can be pardoned without accepting Christ, why can't everyone be pardoned? Hmmm I've never heard a Christian answering that one. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Stargazer95 said:

That raises the question, of course, that if a person can be pardoned without accepting Christ, why can't everyone be pardoned? Hmmm I've never heard a Christian answering that one.

There you go again, Star!

Attempting to apply logic and reason to xianity. :yelrotflmao:

35 minutes ago, Stargazer95 said:

Is that a common view among Calvinists, or just that guy's view? I've always assumed that most Christians take the position that infants are too young to understand anything, and so are automatically pardoned. That raises the question, of course, that if a person can be pardoned without accepting Christ, why can't everyone be pardoned? Hmmm I've never heard a Christian answering that one.

It was his personal view, based on his inability to compromise the doctrine of original sin.  Because, like you said, if someone can be saved without accepting Jesus, why can't we all, and why send missionaries?  The professor and a few other students were also Calvinists and disagreed with him about the baby going to hell.