Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

LOLing at that...  Legit LOL.

I honestly get tired of seeing people beg to their temperamental god for a sick child on FB.  It obviously doesn't work very well and they never reconsider their faith or that their god is an asshole.

Some people just love being lied to I guess. 

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

Teaching pet dogs to pray before meals:http://www.facebook.com/v/493317687378401

I can't see that one on the iPad because it's flash, but I found a "best of dogs praying" on YouTube... The worst was the guy praying "thank you god for allowing us to be the man and puppy that you want us to be." I've never typed "gag" before, but GAG!

00000000_zps0ede57bb.png

"Sometimes we may be called to do things we dont want to do but isnt that what life is all about? Going out and sharing Gods word and love with others. I hate confrontation but I enjoy helping other people with their problems and im a good listener. What are you gifts that you use for Gods glory? "For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." Ephesians 2:10"

That was my former mentor's wife's status today....

"Sometimes we may be called to do things we dont want to do but isnt that what life is all about? Going out and sharing Gods word and love with others. I hate confrontation but I enjoy helping other people with their problems and im a good listener. What are you gifts that you use for Gods glory? "For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." Ephesians 2:10"

Its nice to know she does her "Christian Duty"

I enjoy helping other people too, and I reckon I'm a good listener, but I don't need to be 'called' or have a bible verse to tell me.

I just help someone in need because I can, not because I 'should'.

She should give her husband a lesson in listening, he didnt seem to hear a thing you said

• Like 1

That is incredible.

Sweet merciful heavens I hope that is a parody of creationist nonsense, rather than actual creationist nonsense.

appears to be legit: http://inheritthemirth.com/index.php?did=3

Why did my gaydar just go off the scale with that dude's picture? 

He is ridiculously photogenic happy guy.

I think he wants you to feel Christ's love... deep on the inside. Hard and rugged, manly love. Solid love.

Thrusting into your soul...

"Behold, I come quickly"

F0uMqrZ.jpg

*cum

Poor Mrs Jesus!

• Like 1

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Glurge

Dear Lord,

Please help me to support my husband. Sometimes I am so consumed with my oen life, worries and frustrations that I neglect to encourage and affirm my husband. I don’t want to continue being selfish. I desire to be a wife who seeks to inspire and encourage her husband. May you anoint my words so that they fall sweetly on my husband. Fill me with wise words, beautiful words, and meaningful words. I pray that I would have the courage to verbally affirm him no matter where we are or who is around. I pray that I would be a wife who respects her husband through words of encouragement in Jesus name AMEN!

repuke.gif

• Like 1

Egads! A tvtropes link!

Dammit. There just went my lunch hour.

Sorry?

No need to apologize. It was time well spent.

Dear Lord,

Please help me to support my husband. Sometimes I am so consumed with my oen life, worries and frustrations that I neglect to encourage and affirm my husband. I don’t want to continue being selfish. I desire to be a wife who seeks to inspire and encourage her husband. May you anoint my words so that they fall sweetly on my husband. Fill me with wise words, beautiful words, and meaningful words. I pray that I would have the courage to verbally affirm him no matter where we are or who is around. I pray that I would be a wife who respects her husband through words of encouragement in Jesus name AMEN!

repuke.gif

May you anoint my words so...he does what I want. :-)

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Glurge

"Glurge", it says, is a word coined by Snopes in 1998. Snopes has been around since 1998! And people STILL haven't learned to check it before reporting stuff!

• Like 1

Dear Lord,

:repuke:

One of two things must be true in this marriage: 1) the husband is a real jerk, or 2) the wife is a real jerk. If it's her, she can resolve to do what she's praying for here all on her own. If it's him, she might as well keep saying whatever it is she's saying about him.

This gave me a chuckle

post-20774-0-79330900-1359162855.jpg

The more I follow Jesus the crazier I seem. The crazier I seem the more I look like Jesus.

We tend to forget that people thought Jesus was out of His mind. He broke the rules of man's "religion". He called out what was truth and what was mere show. They hated Him so much that they killed Him.

If your idea of WWJD, "what would Jesus do?", doesn't defy human logic, if it doesn't raise the eyebrows of your critics, then it probably isn't what Jesus would do. If it seems natural, it isn't supernatural. If it feels normal, safe, or easy it probably isn't a calling of God.

....wow

The more I follow Jesus the crazier I seem. The crazier I seem the more I look like Jesus.

We tend to forget that people thought Jesus was out of His mind. He broke the rules of man's "religion". He called out what was truth and what was mere show. They hated Him so much that they killed Him.

If your idea of WWJD, "what would Jesus do?", doesn't defy human logic, if it doesn't raise the eyebrows of your critics, then it probably isn't what Jesus would do. If it seems natural, it isn't supernatural. If it feels normal, safe, or easy it probably isn't a calling of God.

....wow

So when your pastor tells you something that doesn't make sense, just turn off your fucking brain and believe it!

• Like 1

"Knowing Jesus is not a promise to a life without problems but a promise to victory of life even in midst of all problems. What a promise! Thank you Jesus."

What does victory of life even mean?

I got ninety-nine problems but Jesus ain't one.

My dear friends, we have to focus on not what makes our children (or ourselves) "happy", but teach them to make God and His plans for their life a central priority. It is more important to obey God, His words & and His calling for you, than to "do what makes you happy", "feels right", or elevates your "status" in the world. God, let this generation seek your face, not their own! If you want joy, peace & contentment, you will not find it in some Eastern "philosophy" or in the search for some "inner self". We need to teach or children that seeking God with all your heart, mind, soul & strength is the only way you will find contentment & blessing. It should not be so shocking that the answer to low esteem is not found within an individual, but by connecting with the One and Only True God who not only created you, but already knows the plans & purposes you are here for. Why don't you ask Him why you are here, instead of some guru/philosopher/prophet/great thinker/yourself? More Jesus, less "me, me, me"!

Why am I not surprised that fundies insist that happiness isn't at all important next to this all-important MISSION? Maybe because this religion's adherents seem almost childishly consumed with pretending they're happy and successful?

Happiness is sorrow

Freedom is slavery

Weakness is strength

War is peace

• Like 7

"The woman came from a man's rib. Not from his
feet to be walked on. Not from his head to be superior,
but from the side to be equal. Under the arm to
be protected, and next to the heart to be loved."

Too bad the bible doesn't back that up.

• Like 2