Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

Too bad the bible doesn't back that up.

To be fair, the Bible doesn't back up most Christian theology (trinity, original sin, monotheism, etc...) so at least they get points for consistency.

• Like 2

Why am I not surprised that fundies insist that happiness isn't at all important next to this all-important MISSION? Maybe because this religion's adherents seem almost childishly consumed with pretending they're happy and successful?

Happiness is sorrow

Freedom is slavery

Weakness is strength

War is peace

There were times when it went on and on until the cruel, wicked, unforgivable thing seemed to him not that the guards continued to beat him but that he could not force himself into losing consciousness.

1984 (Nineteen Eighty-Four)

Interrogation and torture of Winston in Ministry of Love, Part 3, Chapter 2.

The purpose of Newspeak was not only to provide a medium of expression for the world-view and mental habits proper to the devotees of Ingsoc, but to make all other modes of thought impossible.

1984 (Nineteen Eighty-Four)

Appendix.

• Like 1

309824_526098817424946_204007331_n_zps9c

A christian saying someone else is "logic impaired".....

also, the "baby" is inside the "your body" brackets.....c'mon guys. you can do better than this :P

also, the "baby" is inside the "your body" brackets.....c'mon guys. you can do better than this tongue.png

I wish people would start talking about abortion instead of gun control on my FB. lol.

Logic impaired.

That's a new one.

...But quite a common human affliction, I have noticed. I know, I suffer from it myself.

also, the "baby" is inside the "your body" brackets.....c'mon guys. you can do better than this tongue.png

I wish people would start talking about abortion instead of gun control on my FB. lol.

I've got plenty of that too lol

You guys getting tired of my facebook friends yet?? :)

fundiessaythedarndestthings_zpsc460991a.

You guys getting tired of my facebook friends yet?? smile.png

dave-silverman.jpg

Yeah lemme just get right on that. 

"A 3bed house in xxxxxxx for just over £109,000 miracle in action!"

-- Or just the property market in action?

Economics.....or JESUS!

on the next Maury. 

I went back to my FB news feed to look for a few gems for this thread. I've reached a decision:

34038951.jpg

• Like 1

So the husband of a friend from HS is sick with a brain tumor.   It's great that people want to support their family, but this just makes me sick.  They had a fancy benefit for his bills and living expenses, with all the money going towards a trust.   One of the things auctioned off was a YEAR supple of Chic-Fil-A sandwiches.   I am so tempted to say something... like, do you really want money to go to Chic-Fil-A to fund gay hate and anti-gay murder laws in Africa in your husband's name? . I am just so sick of this trend of Christians helping only other Christians.   Where are the benefits for the actually poor and sick people?   I bet the money raised from this one event was more than the church gives in sum to the disadvantaged.  This guy gets disability and had a union job.  His wife is perfectly capable of working.    She has a wealthy supportive family, and a wealthy church that would provide her free or low cost child care.  I do feel for her, and the prospect of being a widow with young children must be horrifying... and she has already lost one of her littles ones, but she has Jesus to comfort her, right? XD

Ugh!   I'm just so sick of her "God's will be done" shit all over my wall.    Read through her blog... if you want to puke, that is.

http://andyandcari.blogspot.com/2013/01/the-benefit.html

So the husband of a friend from HS is sick with a brain tumor.   It's great that people want to support their family, but this just makes me sick.  They had a fancy benefit for his bills and living expenses, with all the money going towards a trust.   One of the things auctioned off was a YEAR supple of Chic-Fil-A sandwiches.   I am so tempted to say something... like, do you really want money to go to Chic-Fil-A to fund gay hate and anti-gay murder laws in Africa in your husband's name? . I am just so sick of this trend of Christians helping only other Christians.   Where are the benefits for the actually poor and sick people?   I bet the money raised from this one event was more than the church gives in sum to the disadvantaged.  This guy gets disability and had a union job.  His wife is perfectly capable of working.    She has a wealthy supportive family, and a wealthy church that would provide her free or low cost child care.  I do feel for her, and the prospect of being a widow with young children must be horrifying... and she has already lost one of her littles ones, but she has Jesus to comfort her, right? XD

Ugh!   I'm just so sick of her "God's will be done" shit all over my wall.    Read through her blog... if you want to puke, that is.

Their story would be touching if not for the heaping loads of sanctimony.

You guys getting tired of my facebook friends yet?? smile.png

Isn't that like dispensing medical advice without being a doctor?

Economics.....or JESUS!

on the next Maury. 

And shocking new revelation of women coming forward saying, "Jesus is my baby daddy!"

• Like 1

Their story would be touching if not for the heaping loads of sanctimony.

Yep.   You got that right.   She actually cried one day over a lost jacket, and used the whole situation to post an entry about how God wouldn't want her to be upset over it and how she should learn to be less attached to worldly things... yadda yadda... and I can't forget the time she posted about praying and praising in front of her broken refrigerator and the miraculous repair by God's angels.

So who wants to hear some lame Christian humor a high school classmate has been posting to FB and Twitter?

‎#YoMamaSoSaved she refuses to fill out her taxes because she is a resident of Heaven.

#YoMamaSoSaved she keeps writing to Usher telling him to take his confessions to the Lord

‎#YoMamaSoSaved she was a Chuck-E-Cheese telling kids that the love of tokens was the root of all evil.

#YoMamaSoSaved she cooked her Bible because her pastor said we need to eat the word

‎#YoMamaSoSaved she put all of her shoes on the altar so their soles would be saved.

#YoMamaSoSaved She snores in tongues!

#YoMamaSoSaved she was in Wal Mart rebuking high prices.

There's more, but I'll save you the pain of bad jokes.

and I can't forget the time she posted about praying and praising in front of her broken refrigerator and the miraculous repair by God's angels.

I know, right?

"Hey God, can you you come and sort this AIDS stuff out?  The shit's really starting to hit the fan."

"In a minute, in a minute.  I'm busy dispatching a group of angels to fix this chick's fridge."

"Oh, sorry, my bad...."

"Right, I'm ready.  So tell me about this AIDS thing."

"Well, basically-"

"Oh wait - some dude in downtown LA lost his keys.  I'm going to help him find them."

"But what about the AIDS??"

"Give me a break, I can't be everywhere at once!"

• Like 3

...Wow...

This was posted by a fellow ex-minister, but the source doesn't change the crappiness of the original person who actually did this...

542302_472620866132721_1447950040_n.jpg

...Wow...

This was posted by a fellow ex-minister, but the source doesn't change the crappiness of the original person who actually did this...

As if God did anything to earn 10% or anything close to what the server did in providing service for the meal...  FAIL!

Oooooooo... that receipt makes my ears turn red.  I was a server for a while, and that is way worse than the witnessing tracts people would leave in lieu of a tip.   Despicable.   Don't these people understand a tip isn't extra money, it is their WAGE?   So glad I don't have to wait tables anymore...

Hey I saw your message about your friend with brain cancer.

I just learned that a friend of mine (with a wife and two kids) was diagnosed in the past couple of years with Stage 4 brain cancer, about a week and a half after finding the tumor, which is the size of a peach.

I don't know all that much about this particular cancer but it doesn't look good.

I'm also irritated by all the praise given to the imaginary deity of choice in this area of the world. They are all about praying for him and how god will provide and heal him and all that. And they keep talking about how much they're praying!! Fucking lot of good that's done in the past ten days.

I suggested to a group of mutual acquaintances that we get together and cook them some homemade meals and freeze them for reheating later, sicne they'll be busy and at the hospital and all that. i was categorically shot down and told that they just need prayer. I'm pretty angry about it actually.

Sorry for the story. Your post struck a nerve and I wanted to share.

Sounds typical!  I would go ahead and make the meals anyway.   Your friend will remember that over all the pithy comments of "I'll pray for you!"  "If God took you to it, He'll take you through it!"   

Wendybanghead.gif

This girl isn't actually my real life friend.  I just knew her in HS and I added her because of the mere fact we went to the same high school.   Silly, I know.   But I get a lot of my entertainment from seeing what old HS friends and acquaintances are up to... I'm pretty lame.   I can see that she is getting plenty of help.   I'd rather save my energy for the actually disadvantaged in my community.

• Like 1

I'm sure the server who got that non-tip is going to be visiting the nearest fundie church tomorrow to convert. I hope s/he tells the manager about it so these dickwads can be refused entry next time.

I really hope that's a fake receipt. That's sickening to do to a hardworking server.

• Like 2

...Wow...

https://twitter.com/wesbell