Sign in to follow this  
Brother Jeff

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

That receipt is total bullshit theologically.

Never mind that the tithe is a bare minimum anyway, theologically speaking.  Christians are supposed to give everything of themselves to God, not just 10%.

AND

Remember what Jesus said.  Matthew 5: 41-42 "If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles. Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you."

So screw 18%, he or she should have tipped 36%.

And he or she tipped nothing?

Praise be to Jebus.

• Like 1

That receipt is total bullshit theologically.

Never mind that the tithe is a bare minimum anyway, theologically speaking.  Christians are supposed to give everything of themselves to God, not just 10%.

AND

Remember what Jesus said.  Matthew 5: 41-42 "If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles. Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you."

So screw 18%, he or she should have tipped 36%.

And he or she tipped nothing?

Praise be to Jebus.

Maybe receipts should automatically print out with Mt 5:41 by the total. lol.

Hey, I installed a browser plug in called social fixer

http://socialfixer.com/

that does a variety of things...like filter out posts on FB by certain words...yay! Hope it works.

Notice the times I underlined on this screen shot:

autumnthehypocrite_zps29c76b3b.jpg

Change you mind on the forgiveness thing? lol

This girl is driving me crazy right now. She is arguing with me about it being ok to fire someone for voting for Obama because now our teenage daughters can get "the baby killer pill" on our insurance and he's "taking our rights away"

I'm trying to be patient with her because she is a recent convert and I'm hoping she'll snap out of it. She was pretty cool before. But she's about reached my limit.

This girl is driving me crazy right now. She is arguing with me about it being ok to fire someone for voting for Obama because now our teenage daughters can get "the baby killer pill" on our insurance and he's "taking our rights away"

I'm trying to be patient with her because she is a recent convert and I'm hoping she'll snap out of it. She was pretty cool before. But she's about reached my limit.

crazybitch.jpg

• Like 1

It's hard to argue with stupid. Why not unsubscribe her feed.

yes, I should

That receipt being posted isn't a zero tip, it's zero EXTRA over the 18% automatically included in the bill. It was a horribly rude comment, but the guy couldn't have stiffed her if he had wanted to because the restaurant added the tip to the bill.

Oh, wait! I didn't see that the automatic part was scratched out! Wow.

Oh, wait! I didn't see that the automatic part was scratched out! Wow.

I made the same mistake at first.  It made the news today that she got fired for sharing.

You guys should see the local church forums in that pastor's city. People are exploding about it. I'd really hoped the receipt was fake, but no, it's real, and the piece of shit pastor not only got the server fired, but demanded that everybody on staff that night get fired too, apparently. My, my.

And Applebee's FB is exploding too with comments. You might imagine that like 0.1% are supportive of the restaurant's decision to fire the young lady. (Out of several pages of FB comments in my browser, I saw like two that were supportive, so I'm extrapolating.)

This on Facebook (looks like one of those things people copy and post):

Is it funny, is it crazy, is it depression when you feel so alone, you feel like you want to cry, you feel like your life is nothing more than just a routine, you feel no love or affection from those who are close to you, you feel all ALONE and LONELY. Is this what life is all about? No, It's God's way of getting a hand on your heart and simply saying " SPEND TIME WITH ME
LOOK FOR ME.
You are not alone I am with you
MAke Me part of your routine
Let me show my love for you

This on Facebook (looks like one of those things people copy and post):

Is it funny, is it crazy, is it depression when you feel so alone, you feel like you want to cry, you feel like your life is nothing more than just a routine, you feel no love or affection from those who are close to you, you feel all ALONE and LONELY. Is this what life is all about? No, It's God's way of getting a hand on your heart and simply saying " SPEND TIME WITH ME

LOOK FOR ME.

wow.....talk about passive aggressive abuse. 

I'm sure that someone in the city will sympathise and give that waitress a new job.  Maybe a better one!  Applebees might not come out of this so well.

given that waitresses tend to cycle through companies pretty regularly.  I doubt she'll be out of a job for long.   

Restaurants are usually very keen on hiring experienced wait staff.  

LOOK FOR ME.

That quote says some downright depressing things about everyone involved: the mewling child who wrote it, all who forwarded it, and their expectations regarding boyfriends' conduct. People who identify with this piece of shit think their god is a whiny, needy, immature boyfriend. That's something to stop and think about. I can't even mock them here. It'd be like mocking a kid with Downs. Seriously, I'm looking at my screen with the same look a cat gets when it sniffs at a piece of roadkill.

Hahaha... I love that look on a cat's face.   

Here's today's meme of wisdom from the indoctrinated:

"God will never leave you empty. He will
replace everything you lost. If he asks you to put something down,
it's because he wants you to pick up something greater."

I wonder what God gives to people who off themselves? Something greater, no doubt. :-)

The need to assign a Godly cause to the chaos of life is interesting.

I guess the human brain hates chaos, and will try to force a narrative onto everything.

If you think about it, that's exactly what scientists do too.  Only, they're searching for the "correct" narrative using logical means.

Saw this gem today.  I'm not sure how this actually works in real life.  Does the Christian do something they really don't want to because they think they should?  But then, don't they sort of want to on some level?

46836_4833913160128_1167968418_n.jpg

That may make that evil Footprints poem even worse!

Christian friend posted this on facebook the other day. At least some have a sense of a humour.

14946_10151341002281912_2055283128_n.jpg

I often wonder if this self-directed humour often underlies a deeper knowledge that what they believe is basically silly.

No, it means they're poking fun at themselves and other Xians. Obnoxious worship signals really have nothing to do with what they believe--unless some Pentecostals think they have to do the motions to be real Xians.

Lilith....

I meant I wonder if the fact that they made or re-posted the cartoon indicates that subconsciously they know that Christianity is ridiculous.

I wasn't speculating whether the fact that they do the worship signals means they know Christianity is ridiculous.

:)

"Strong people always have their life in order. Even with tears in their eyes, they still manage to say, 'I'm okay', with a smile."

What the fucking hell does this mean? It was accompanied by a smiley face motif and looks like something off a coffee mug you'd buy in a Tokyo giftshop. Although, it pretty much sums up how Christians deal with their pent-up problems and issues; pretend to be 'strong in the Lord'. Sheesh.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.