Sign in to follow this  
Brother Jeff

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

"Strong people always have their life in order. Even with tears in their eyes, they still manage to say, 'I'm okay', with a smile."

That's pretty depressing!

It typifies Christians bottling up the way they feel, trapped by their own minds.

"Strong people always have their life in order. Even with tears in their eyes, they still manage to say, 'I'm okay', with a smile."

What the fucking hell does this mean? It was accompanied by a smiley face motif and looks like something off a coffee mug you'd buy in a Tokyo giftshop. Although, it pretty much sums up how Christians deal with their pent-up problems and issues; pretend to be 'strong in the Lord'. Sheesh.

And crap like that was why I was suicidal and in therapy. (But was saying "I'm okay" with a smile at the same time.)

• Like 1

It's really sad to think about actually... any christian that has doubts or fears or depression or anxiety or whatever has to go along with a "happy, happy, joy, joy" thing all the time - because of how fucking grateful they are expected to be to have been 'saved'. There's no room in that philosophy for the pain of real life. Even death and loss has to be shoved below consciousness because 'they are in a better place'... or it was "God's will", and you can't be angry at that.

If everything that happens (even the really horrible stuff) is "god's will" for you, how do you express any negative feelings at all? You got to suck it up and accept it.. AND be grateful for it.

That can't be healthy

• Like 3

That can't be healthy

It's not.  Thus the reason for the existence of this site. 

I guess the human brain hates chaos, and will try to force a narrative onto everything.

If you think about it, that's exactly what scientists do too.  Only, they're searching for the "correct" narrative using logical means.

We like to separate and identify. Separate out an event from the inseparable unity of life. From that event, separate and identify a cause and an effect. :-) Better for the brain to have a reason for something to happen than to sit fearful that stuff happens for no reason. :-)

304213_10151392882521696_39608026_n.jpg

I hate the vapid, vacuous, treacly, (where's my thesaurus - I need more words) shallow, superficial, cliched sayings that pass for "inspiring wisdom"So how does this apply to those who have had a spouse, a child, their health, etc., - taken away??

• Like 1

I hate the vapid, vacuous, treacly, (where's my thesaurus - I need more words) shallow, superficial, cliched sayings that pass for "inspiring wisdom". So how does this apply to those who have had a spouse, a child, their health, etc., - taken away??

*hurk*

I hate the vapid, vacuous, treacly, (where's my thesaurus - I need more words) shallow, superficial, cliched sayings that pass for "inspiring wisdom"So how does this apply to those who have had a spouse, a child, their health, etc., - taken away??

And where is this is in the Bible?  Nowhere.

Christians, feel free to make up bullshit as long as it sounds positive!

• Like 1

Christians, feel free to make up bullshit as long as it sounds positive!

So true, so, so true. Most of this Chicken Soup for the Soul crap has not foundation in what's actually in the bible. It's just pap.

• Like 1

No, see. It's right there in the book of Job

Job 42:12-15
And the Lord blessed the latter days of Job more than his beginning. And he had 14,000 sheep, 6,000 camels, 1,000 yoke of oxen, and 1,000 female donkeys. He had also seven sons and three daughters. And he called the name of the first daughter Jemimah, and the name of the second Keziah, and the name of the third Keren-happuch. And in all the land there were no women so beautiful as Job's daughters. And their father gave them an inheritance among their brothers.

See. God took away Job's other sons and daughters by having a house fall on them, but then he replaced them later and his replacement daughters were hot. I bet the ones that had a house fall on them were fugly. These replacement kids were so much better. Every parent knows that the pain of losing seven children as part of a celestial pissing contest can just be swept away by having more children to replace them. Right?

• Like 6

See. God took away Job's other sons and daughters by having a house fall on them, but then he replaced them later and his replacement daughters were hot. I bet the ones that had a house fall on them were fugly. These replacement kids were so much better. Every parent knows that the pain of losing seven children as part of a celestial pissing contest can just be swept away by having more children to replace them. Right?

That part of Job has always, always bothered me. I have yet to have a Christian acknowledge in my presence just how terrible and lacking in humanity that part of Job is.

"If

your not doing what Gods asked of you to do then why do you expect Him

to do what you ask of Him? Too blessed to be stressed! Get right with

the Lord!"

How obnoxious. I read:

"If your life isn't perfect like mine it's because you are not as good of a christian as I am. Poor, stupid sinner."

How awesome that she just KNOWS what this silent god wants her to do!!

Also. FUCKING YOU'RE!

• Like 1

Also. FUCKING YOU'RE!

Is it weird that I was more irritated by their grammar than the message?  And the message was damn irritating.

• Like 1

not a facebook but I was on the paradox forums for Crusader kings 2. 

Came across this.

CaptainULM.png
Rome.pngeu3_complete.gifRomeVV.gifhoi3_forum_icon.gifWARBAND.png
vic2.pngeu3DW_forumicon.pngck2_forumicon.png
Join Date Oct 2009 Posts 304

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Athalcor viewpost-right.png
And God. He has God on his side.
Just like everyone else

All Abrahamic religions think this way.  

All Abrahamic religions think this way.

God is always on their side. It's a scientific fact.

Christians claim that their faith is monotheistic.  I'm not sure.

It seems to me to be the most polytheistic religion in the world.

It has 2.1 billion gods.

• Like 2

A more Biblical message, brought to you by SquareOne

ROTFLMAO!  I no longer have a FB account, but if I did, I would *so* post that.  Well done.

A more Biblical message, brought to you by SquareOne

ROTFLMAO!  I no longer have a FB account, but if I did, I would *so* post that.  Well done.

Aw, thanks!  I do my best. :)

Totally going up on my facebook.

Totally going up on my facebook.

same here

thank you jesus for lying down at a convenient angle, cos this would be pretty hard if you were upright

thankyoujesus_zps57fe9faf.jpg

It's such a strange image, isn't it?  Basically the only acceptable martyr's image.

No one would carve a sand image of Dr King being shot, with a message, "thank you Martin".

It's such a strange image, isn't it?  Basically the only acceptable martyr's image.

No one would carve a sand image of Dr King being shot, with a message, "thank you Martin".

Yah--it's pretty messed up.  "Although the cross was known to the early Christians, the crucifix did not appear in use until the 5th century." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_symbolism

I'm not really a believer in "the good old days," but this is the best post that I have seen from a fundy friend on FB:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=550154135009477&set=vb.100000446875683&type=2&theater

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.