Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

Church sign.

"No matter what you are going through,  Go is good"

GO  really?!  I could agree to that. 

go-game.jpg

Still a better love story than the New Testament.
  • Like 1

Church sign.

go-game.jpg

I don't get it.  I feel so dumb.

72912_10200421673447239_1588955967_n.jpg

If_you_know_what_I_mean..png

• Like 1

Church sign.

go-game.jpg

I don't get it.  I feel so dumb.

Go is the name of the game that is pictured.  It's from Japan.  and way harder than chess.

62097_425816487502416_437063098_n.jpg

Okay first of all, this is the stupidest thing I have read. Second, yeah, we know brains exist because we can SEE and TOUCH them.  ALSO, I'm pretty sure there is the version where the kid says WIND instead of brain. Which is just as stupid, but at least it makes more sense and doesn't sound like it's trying to fucking parody itself. Who writes this shit?!?!

• Like 1

This guy...

dontlovejesus.jpg

• Like 2

This guy...

attachicon.gifdontlovejesus.jpg

Damn.............. this is really making me regret leaving Christianity..........to think, what I could have had.........

62097_425816487502416_437063098_n.jpg

Okay first of all, this is the stupidest thing I have read. Second, yeah, we know brains exist because we can SEE and TOUCH them.  ALSO, I'm pretty sure there is the version where the kid says WIND instead of brain. Which is just as stupid, but at least it makes more sense and doesn't sound like it's trying to fucking parody itself. Who writes this shit?!?!

It's not even an original argument. They just took some snippet off that "atheist professor and Christian student" essay. And no, it doesn't get any better.

My answer to the smartass kid:

"No, I can't see or touch my brain right this second, but I can get an MRI and see it. Or a surgeon can use a saw to cut out a portion of my skull, and he can see and touch it. If I put you in an MRI, will I find God? If I cut open your skull, is God hiding in there? No? Didn't think so."

• Like 1

This guy...

attachicon.gifdontlovejesu

s.jpg

Damn.............. this is really making me regret leaving Christianity..........to think, what I could have had.........

Oh, yeah. Sexxyyy.

Actually, that's really annoying. Like he's thinking he's so hot women will do anything, even give their lives to Geezuz, just to get their hands on him.

This guy...

attachicon.gifdontlovejesus.jpg

That's a great idea for an atheist billboard, actually. If that doesn't make people rethink going to church, I don't know what will.

• Like 3

What we Believe
  1. We believe that the scriptures, both old and new testaments, are the inspired and inerrant Word of God, the complete revelation of God's will for the salvation of men, and the divine and final authority for Christian faith and life.
  2. We believe in one God, creator of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
  3. We believe that Jesus Christ was conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He died on the cross as a sacrifice for our sins, according to the scriptures. He arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven where, at the right hand of the Father, He now sits as our High Priest and Advocate.
  4. We believe that the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ on the cross and His resurrection provide the only grounds for justification and salvation for all who repent and believe, and that all those who receive Jesus Christ are born of the Holy Spirit and thus become the children of God.
  5. We believe that the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ, convict people, regenerate, indwell, guide, gift, instruct, and empower the believer for Godly living and service.
  6. We believe that man was created in the image of God, but fell into sin and therefore is separated from God. Only through regeneration by the Holy Spirit is salvation effected and relationship with God restored.
  7. We believe that the true church is composed of all people who through saving faith in Jesus Christ have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit and are united together in the body of Christ of which He is the head.
  8. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the dead: of the believer to eternal fellowship with God and of the unbeliever to eternal condemnation.

Back to basics.

LOL.  Christians.  They say some bat-shit crazy things.

• Like 1

Square One: In short, Xtians will believe anything you tell them to believe if you're a pastor.  Truth is no impediment.    bill

• Like 1

But BODILY resurrection means everyone who has died right now is still dead, and not spiritually with God in heaven, because their dead bodies are still there, and all the corpses are just waiting around for the Second Coming! "You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means."

But BODILY resurrection means everyone who has died right now is still dead, and not spiritually with God in heaven, because their dead bodies are still there, and all the corpses are just waiting around for the Second Coming! "You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means."

The SDAs believe in that. When you die, you go into "soul sleep" until Jebus comes back and the dead get awoken from their graves.

Come to think of it, I never thought about what happened if the person got cremated. I'm curious now.

o8p0muI.jpg

There are critics who say all Jesus did was arrange his life to fulfill the prophecies? Really?

• Like 1

Come to think of it, I never thought about what happened if the person got cremated. I'm curious now.

And what about all those people that have been eaten by wild animals and cannibals  ????

Edited to clean up post to what I intended

Ugh, I saw an awful one yesterday and have the pictures but decided not to post it as it was pretty upsetting. Even as a Christian I hated the stuff that was really bloody and this one was.  >>  Usually, I don't care what this guy likes or shares as it's pretty harmless if super Christian, but that was kind of  shock to my system. 

There are critics who say all Jesus did was arrange his life to fulfill the prophecies? Really?

That's a funny find, Alexander.

Think we're all pretty aware that it was "Matthew" that arranged Jesus' life to fulfil the "prophecies".

• Like 2

http://cheezburger.com/7074642944

Besides the obvious FAIL, there is still much facepalming to be done here.

As a teacher, that is doubly nauseating!  <GAG>  And yea - gotta watch out for  those angles!!   Wendyloser.gif

Regarding The Weather Channel's new show "Hacking the Planet":

Guess the Weather Channel has decided to "Hack the Planet" and start
controlling the weather. Hmmm...wonder if God has been consulted about
this?

I'm still in the closet, but I do answer stuff like this sometimes. My reply showed that I'm excited about the show. (In fact, I just logged onto the TiVo website so I could schedule a "season pass".)

I just read a synopsis of the show. It actually looks interesting! One show will be about an experiment with using lasers to prevent lightning strikes in certain areas. In a sense, the use of lightning rods, which goes back to Ben Franklin, would be a very old example of controlling the weather by encouraging lightning to strike in a harmless way.

The idea of preventing rain in one place or encouraging it in another is scary. It could have unintended consequences.

Annnnnnd.... she just clicked "like" on my comment.

223501_10151266050337826_512389748_n.jpg

Fuck me.  Can you say "desperate to get a repost"?

I didn't know that angels and demons could get "headaches" - shit, I hope Satan never discovers aspirin.

• Like 1

I didn't know that angels and demons could get "headaches" - shit, I hope Satan never discovers aspirin.

When I was about 14 I read a couple of Frank Peretti's books and thought that crap was for real. It was empowering to think that I could energize angels with glowing swords and shit just by praying. Of course, it was also scary as hell to think about demons lurking around every corner, so there was kind of a trade-off.

• Like 1

I've been here for a long time and I don't think I have ever seen anything more stupid.