Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

72912_10200421673447239_1588955967_n.jpg

My wife would get a kick out of that one. She's short. She's very short, standing at a whopping 4'10"!

11321_425814260784153_253838933_n.jpg

Other than the typo, I agree with this sentiment.  If you consistently tear down a child with harsh words, they're going to need serious therapy in their adulthood.  Am I missing the fundy reference?  I don't even see any Xtian message here.

I agree, although it's probably not technically a typo. Whoever typed it probably doesn't realize that there shouldn't be an apostrophe there. Many people automatically put an apostrophe before an added "s" without considering whether it's plural or possessive.

Hang on...

Are you suggesting that something is only a "typo" (short for typographical error), if the person knows the correct way to write it but just accidentally got it wrong?

Ok.

Other than the typo, I agree with this sentiment.  If you consistently tear down a child with harsh words, they're going to need serious therapy in their adulthood.  Am I missing the fundy reference?  I don't even see any Xtian message here.

I agree, although it's probably not technically a typo. Whoever typed it probably doesn't realize that there shouldn't be an apostrophe there. Many people automatically put an apostrophe before an added "s" without considering whether it's plural or possessive.

Hang on...

Are you suggesting that something is only a "typo" (short for typographical error), if the person knows the correct way to write it but just accidentally got it wrong?

Ok.

Technically, this isn't a typo, it's a grammatical error. The first is a slip of a finger at the keyboard, while the second is a misunderstanding of how the language works.

• Like 1

1. Listen without interrupting - Proverbs 18 

2. Speak without accusing - James 1:19 

3. Give without sparing- Proverbs 21: 26 

4. Pray without ceasing - Colossians 19:1 

5. Answer without arguing - Proverbs 17:1 

6. Share without pretending - Ephesians 4:15  

7. Enjoy without complaint - Philippians 2:14

8. Trust without wavering - Corinthians 13:7

9. Forgive without punishing - Colossian 3:13

10. Promise without forgetting -Proverbs 31:12

Ugh!! And all on a blue background with "Ten ways to love" at top.  It sucks because I actually memorized and believed these and practiced these for my entire life up until recently.  It's basically saying, "Don't be human." And "walk all over me, please." 

Right?! Plus if everyone does this, it's going to be one boring conversation.

Of course, what it's saying all together is, do *nothing* but blindly pray, enjoy it, and don't question it. That's what you do when you're a Christian. 

• Like 1

Hang on...

Ok.

Technically, this isn't a typo, it's a grammatical error. The first is a slip of a finger at the keyboard, while the second is a misunderstanding of how the language works.

Exactly. The person probably typed exactly what the person meant to type. It just happened to be wrong because of the person's misunderstanding. A typo is when one types something different from what he/she meant to type.

Hang on...

Ok.

Exactly. The person probably typed exactly what the person meant to type. It just happened to be wrong because of the person's misunderstanding. A typo is when one types something different from what he/she meant to type.

Well I'll be damned.

Hang on...

Ok.

Well I'll be damned.

Ok everyone - sorry that I misused the word 'typo' (which I know isn't actually a word!!)  Yes, I should have said grammatical error.  Hope that clears everything up!!  yellow.gif

we just had an entire page about a grammatical error?

People just seem to take they're grammer a bite to sirus.

CRW_jay_a_reaction.png

• Like 4

I <3 you guys. I've been following the discussion but didn't have anything to add but now I have to say it: I <3 you guys.

well-played-sir-well-played.jpg

Hang on...

Ok.

Well I'll be damned.

Ok everyone - sorry that I misused the word 'typo' (which I know isn't actually a word!!)  Yes, I should have said grammatical error.  Hope that clears everything up!!  yellow.gif

No, weren't you following?  Apparently you were right and I was wrong.

I was wrong!!

Where else but an ex-Christian forum would you hear someone say that.  Especially about grammar.

EDIT: Although - to be fair, we don't know if it was a typo or a grammatical error.  Oh... damn.  Hope I'm not opening up the book on this one again.

Tell you what - whichever one where I'm wrong - let's go with that.

CRW_jay_a_reaction.png

Ahem. <cough> That last sentence should read, "For the love of God, stop!" <hack><hack><cough><cough><hack><wheeze>

That's Cyrus, not sirus.

That's Cyrus, not sirus.

I spelled it wrong intentionally. 

Siriusly.

Which Cyrus

Miley,  King, or the movie. 

That's Cyrus, not sirus.

Siriusly.

Which Cyrus

Shirley you can't be serious.

m1P6sAr.jpg

• Like 2

m1P6sAr.jpg

LOLlmao_99.gif lmao_99.gif lmao_99.gif

• Like 1

Me bee sorrie's. ;)

That's Cyrus, not sirus.

Siriusly.

Which Cyrus

Sirius is a planet that orbits the Earth, goofball. :-)

31896_490398821024744_1828641116_n.jpg

You KNOW it's true...  Wendytwitch.gif

Search your feelings....

Capital S on a verb.

Capital I on a noun.

Jesus wouldn't stand for this shit.

no he wouldn't  he'd hang for it though

crucified.gif

At this point I'm assuming that any Christian who says that is just an asshole who wants permission to treat people like shit and needs a feeling of false persecution to get out of bed in the morning.