Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

Everything I've read about this child's parents indicates that they are super-religious anti-abortion advocates, so I wouldn't be surprised if they were okay with their daughter being used in memes like that. And as horrifying as that girl's life must be in many ways, and as selfish as I think her parents are for having her, I certainly can't condemn them their choice. They could be brainwashed enough by Christianity's anti-abortion rhetoric that they couldn't make a logical or healthy decision about terminating the pregnancy. Having a child with that severe a problem could just be the tip of an iceberg for them; think about all of the Christianspeak about "punishment" and "testing," the whole "cross to bear" thing. 

Conversely, I have a friend who struggled for several years to have a child, and when she finally conceived, after a few months she "lost" the baby, and she told us later that they'd terminated because the child had this condition. I would no more condemn her that decision than if she'd had it; it's not my choice to make. But at least I know my friend felt she had a real choice and could make an informed decision about what was best for all parties involved. Including the baby. 

• Like 7

Everything I've read about this child's parents indicates that they are super-religious anti-abortion advocates, so I wouldn't be surprised if they were okay with their daughter being used in memes like that. And as horrifying as that girl's life must be in many ways, and as selfish as I think her parents are for having her, I certainly can't condemn them their choice. They could be brainwashed enough by Christianity's anti-abortion rhetoric that they couldn't make a logical or healthy decision about terminating the pregnancy. Having a child with that severe a problem could just be the tip of an iceberg for them; think about all of the Christianspeak about "punishment" and "testing," the whole "cross to bear" thing. 

Conversely, I have a friend who struggled for several years to have a child, and when she finally conceived, after a few months she "lost" the baby, and she told us later that they'd terminated because the child had this condition. I would no more condemn her that decision than if she'd had it; it's not my choice to make. But at least I know my friend felt she had a real choice and could make an informed decision about what was best for all parties involved. Including the baby. 

Dammit, I used up all my upvotes today. Well said!

I've noticed a lot of people (fellow evangelical Christians even) sort of praising the new pope. I need to share something here and not many will agree. But I learned these things from the teaching of our former pastors, some good authors, and from Bible expositors at Delaware Bible College...
Catholicism is elements of Christianity added to paganism. I have in my notes that it spawned as a false religion out of Babylon, and in the last days the Roman Empire will be revived with the antichrist as its head (Dan. 9:26). (The geographic area of the Roman Empire is returning... just look at the European Union.) The harlot that rides the beast (around Rev. 18) is the Catholic Church and the Babylonian system, to which many emerging protestant churces today are moving with their ecumenism. I really believe that in the last days, Catholicism will be the only recognized "Christian" entity, and after the rapture of the church when Christians are removed from the earth, many will flock to this false religion for comfort. I also have in my Revelation notes from class that the antichrist will likely be a Jew, and will rise out of the papacy. We see today that popes don't have to come from Europe, and don't have to be any one particular ethnic group. I hope my fellow brethren at FBC didn't check out during the prophecy lessons over the past few years! There was a lot of great information there!!

And I thought Emperor Nero was the Antichrist.  Man, I'm behind the times.

I've noticed a lot of people (fellow evangelical Christians even) sort of praising the new pope. I need to share something here and not many will agree. But I learned these things from the teaching of our former pastors, some good authors, and from Bible expositors at Delaware Bible College...

Catholicism is elements of Christianity added to paganism. I have in my notes that it spawned as a false religion out of Babylon, and in the last days the Roman Empire will be revived with the antichrist as its head (Dan. 9:26). (The geographic area of the Roman Empire is returning... just look at the European Union.) The harlot that rides the beast (around Rev. 18) is the Catholic Church and the Babylonian system, to which many emerging protestant churces today are moving with their ecumenism. I really believe that in the last days, Catholicism will be the only recognized "Christian" entity, and after the rapture of the church when Christians are removed from the earth, many will flock to this false religion for comfort. I also have in my Revelation notes from class that the antichrist will likely be a Jew, and will rise out of the papacy. We see today that popes don't have to come from Europe, and don't have to be any one particular ethnic group. I hope my fellow brethren at FBC didn't check out during the prophecy lessons over the past few years! There was a lot of great information there!!

HAHA!  "Wait, let me check my notes again to see what i believe..."

• Like 2

Catholicism is elements of Christianity added to paganism.

Christianity itself is a mixture of paganism and Judaism.

• Like 1

Judaism has a long history of pagan influences. Christianity was strongly influenced by Gnosticism and mystery religions.

after over 7 months apart, today I get to meet at the airport the most amazing and beautiful woman I know, XXXXX Looking forward to the next 3 weeks of fun, laughter and of course dancing! God is soo good!

Yeah.  Or maybe there is no God, children will die of AIDs in Africa today, and you happen to enjoy spending time with attractive women.

As I sit here praying about what I'm feeling this song comes on. Made me cry. He IS listening and cares. Beautiful lyrics. 

"Be still, there is a healer
His love is deeper than the sea
His mercy, it is unfailing
His arms are fortress for the weak

Let faith arise
Let faith arise

I lift my hands to believe again
You are my refuge, You are my strength
As I pour out my heart
These things, I remember
You are faithful, God, forever"

Because instead of saving starving children or curing cancer, he's busy trying to cheer you up with a song on the fucking radio.

• Like 2

As I sit here praying about what I'm feeling this song comes on. Made me cry. He IS listening and cares. Beautiful lyrics. 

"Be still, there is a healer

His love is deeper than the sea

His mercy, it is unfailing

His arms are fortress for the weak

Let faith arise

Let faith arise

I lift my hands to believe again

You are my refuge, You are my strength

As I pour out my heart

These things, I remember

You are faithful, God, forever"

Because instead of saving starving children or curing cancer, he's busy trying to cheer you up with a song on the fucking radio.

I'm sure those cancer kids didn't deserve it, though. They probably didn't have enough faith that Jeeezus would come talk to them to the radio through a crappy song. (If you're listening to a Christian radio station, how "miraculous" is it that a song with this kind of message would come on?)

• Like 1

All music is to some extent manipulative and written to appeal to very common emotions like "yearning for love" or "feeling kind of marginalized." They're like horoscopes that way.

When real friends and lovers try to cheer each other up, they call or come over and hang out and eat Doritos and watch Thundercats reruns with you, not ask a DJ to play a song on the radio in the wild hope you'll notice at precisely the right time AND interpret the song the right way AND know who the song's from. What, is Jesus a middle-schooler now?

A real gem from a woman I used to work with. She's nuts.

"THIS IS BY FAR THE BEST AND MOST VISIBLE VIDEO OF THE MANIFESTATION OF DEMONS SEEN IN BEYONCE AT THE SUPERBOWL....I am no longer a fan of secular music but I am an End Time watchman on the wall. This video proves hybrids are among us and we are indeed living in the days as it was in the days of Noah....The message behind the video is also profound...pay close attention!

God bless"

Seriously? I probably make 50 demonic faces when I'm putting on makeup or eating dinner. What a loon.

• Like 1

Today's find on FB:

<bullshit>

Dad comes home drunk and mad, he pulls out a gun and shoots his

wife and turns the gun to himself and pulls the trigger. The little

girls sits behind a couch crying. The police came and took the little

girl to a new family, and she went to her first Sunday school at

church. She walks past the building and sees a picture of Jesus

on the cross. The little girl then asks the teacher, "How did that

man get off the cross?" The teacher replied, "He never did." Then

the little girl argued "Yes, he did. Because the night my mommy

and daddy died he sat next to me behind the couch, telling me

everything was going to be alright." 66% of you won't post this,

but remember what the bible says,"Deny me in front of your friends

and I shall deny you in front of my father." So re-post this, remember

god saw you read this.

</end of bullshit>

So Jesus let this drunk destroy a family. Score one for Jesus!

I'm most impressed that the picture of Jesus at the church was the exact likeness of the Jesus she saw in real life.

I'm most unimpressed that a Sunday School teacher said Jesus never got off the cross.

My guess is she meant that he keeps dying for everyone's sins.

1076_10151332976301305_2036046403_n.jpg

Found this in my FB newsfeed - with comments about what a wonderful children's sunday school project this would be....*sigh*....and there was a time not long ago that I would have thought so, too.  Now I just think how creepy it is (not to mention - a total lie!!) 

• Like 2

"THIS IS BY FAR THE BEST AND MOST VISIBLE VIDEO OF THE MANIFESTATION OF DEMONS SEEN IN BEYONCE AT THE SUPERBOWL....I am no longer a fan of secular music but I am an End Time watchman on the wall. This video proves hybrids are among us and we are indeed living in the days as it was in the days of Noah....The message behind the video is also profound...pay close attention!

God bless"

Seriously? I probably make 50 demonic faces when I'm putting on makeup or eating dinner. What a loon.

He should have tried running it backwards; there may have been some subliminal messages in it.

I wonder if that guy every tried slowing down a video of himself.

How dare Beyonce not look like a total hottie at all times! It must be demons!

Wonder what this crazy fundie lady looks like when she's cleaning up dog poop or having an orgasm. Bet she doesn't look like a Precious Moments figurine at all times either.

Found this in my FB newsfeed - with comments about what a wonderful children's sunday school project this would be....*sigh*....and there was a time not long ago that I would have thought so, too.  Now I just think how creepy it is (not to mention - a total lie!!) 

Cute ... but missing something ... hmmm ...

I know! It needs a little plastic zombie doll emerging from the "grave."

Now, excuse me; I have a project to work on.

DipqAej.jpg

Never trust anyone who says "just trust me."

• Like 3

Today's find on FB:

<bullshit>

Dad comes home drunk and mad, he pulls out a gun and shoots his

wife and turns the gun to himself and pulls the trigger. The little

girls sits behind a couch crying. The police came and took the little

girl to a new family, and she went to her first Sunday school at

church. She walks past the building and sees a picture of Jesus

on the cross. The little girl then asks the teacher, "How did that

man get off the cross?" The teacher replied, "He never did." Then

the little girl argued "Yes, he did. Because the night my mommy

and daddy died he sat next to me behind the couch, telling me

everything was going to be alright." 66% of you won't post this,

but remember what the bible says,"Deny me in front of your friends

and I shall deny you in front of my father." So re-post this, remember

god saw you read this.

</end of bullshit>

So Jesus let this drunk destroy a family. Score one for Jesus!

I'm most impressed that the picture of Jesus at the church was the exact likeness of the Jesus she saw in real life.

I'm most unimpressed that a Sunday School teacher said Jesus never got off the cross.

My guess is she meant that he keeps dying for everyone's sins.

Oddly enough I remember being told this/reading this same story several years ago while still in the midst of it.  I always thought it was a little disturbing but couldn't put my finger on it. 

A serial reposter on facebook generally does a couple of bursts of "shares" every day, and often tags people in them. Every few days I'm the target of a tag. Sometimes I understand her reasoning, sometimes not.

Saturday she reposted this (pretty funny) Bizarro comic and tagged me:

bz-panel-03-07-13.jpg

The kicker was her comment: "Yeah, right!" So she thought it funny enough to share, but thought the idea of life coming out of the sea to be ludicrous.

I'm not "out" on facebook, so I suppose she must have the idea that I would certainly agree with her. Bizarre woman who clearly has no idea what I'm like, even though she follows my personal blog. (She once got her feelings hurt because I didn't have her name near the top of my "friends list".) I've never met her, by my sons and her son are friends, and the son used to spend time at our house when they were still in college.

DipqAej.jpg

Never trust anyone who says "just trust me."

Except this guy!

tumblr_llko0dI4vF1qb84lwo1_500.gif

• Like 2

This video proves hybrids are among us 

Hybrids? She sounds like Agent Mulder on the X-Files

Minus the crosses, I thought this was a Hobbit home at first glance...

• Like 1

they could attach some dead mice to the crosses

• Like 1