Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

With all the stuff going on my FB page about gay marriage, I am so tempted to post the following. 

"I support Biblical marriage! Like the kind in Deuteronomy 22:28-29."

I have a feeling people won't look it up and I'll look like a bigot. On the other hand if I post the verse it will cause a shitstorm. Somebody talk me out of it!

Don't care if you post it or not, it's going on my FB page right now.

• Like 1

Well, I did post it in reply to some idiot's comment. We got into an argument and then he sent me a message cursing me out and blocked me before i could reply. That, my friends, is Christian charity. 

• Like 2

The crazies are out in full force. I'm really shocked at the level of open bigotry and thinly-veiled hate that's been on display in my News Feed yesterday and today. When I first saw the ≠ being used on a red background I thought it was a parody. Nope. Of course, the irony appears to be completely lost.

Now the latest trend seems to be throwing out the red herring of abortion as though the two issues have anything to do with one another, other than the fact that perhaps on a fundamental level both are about people telling grown adults what they can and can't do with their bodies.

They started putting a cross in a red box to counter the equal signs everyone has been using for marriage equality.  A friend (atheist) posted a cartoon about Jesus coming and shooting the gays and then going around and killing everyone else since no one was doing anything right. But, whoa, someone got REALLY offended (with the crossbox) and started demanding why he didn't want to debate abortion. He simply said that his beliefs were hindering anyone else's and she responded with, "Some people would argue they are hindering others' right to live!" I was like, whoa! I didn't jump in because that gets messy and I don't know the xtian. He's been an atheist for a long time so I'm sure he can handle himself (I don't think he's ever been a christian period). I don't know why abortion (AND gun control) keep coming up as comparisons to marriage equality. Separate issues.  

On an aside, some people just have a totally blank color box. What does that mean? I've seen two. That they have no opinion either way? 

The crazies are out in full force. I'm really shocked at the level of open bigotry and thinly-veiled hate that's been on display in my News Feed yesterday and today. When I first saw the ≠ being used on a red background I thought it was a parody. Nope. Of course, the irony appears to be completely lost.

Now the latest trend seems to be throwing out the red herring of abortion as though the two issues have anything to do with one another, other than the fact that perhaps on a fundamental level both are about people telling grown adults what they can and can't do with their bodies.

I've seen a bunch of people switch their profile pic to the pink and red equals sign graphic. The Xians though have been completely silent about it.

I've seen a bunch of people switch their profile pic to the pink and red equals sign graphic. The Xians though have been completely silent about it.

The ones on my feed haven't been.  They've been posting crosses or a symbol of a man and a woman with the saying "one man" "one woman" in the same style of the equals signs graphic. 

My fundy friends have been pretty quiet about the whole "equal sign" thing. I haven't seen any of them respond to it yet.

I have to admit I got really annoyed with the red equals sign. 

People can do whatever they want to do with their facebook page.  It's theirs.  But I have to admit, it annoyed me.  It's like the profile pic de jour.  

If I'm you facebook friend and you can't tell what I support then you haven't been paying attention. 

I don't feel the need to change a pic to something just because its the in thing to do now.  Especially since given a week to a month, they'll change it back. 

• Like 1

Today on FB:

"Our culture has accepted two huge lies.
The first is that if you disagree with
someone's lifestyle, you must fear or
hate them. The second is that to love
someone means you agree with everything
they believe or do. Both are nonsense.

You don't have to compromise convictions
to be compassionate."

- Rick Warren

Nor do we need to try to legislate a lifestyle out of existence.

That is because it has become too hot of an issue and fundy's will be looked at in a very negative light for arguing the point. I have come to realize that Christianity is a social club with unwritten rules.  Also, their argument about America decaying due to abortions and gays can be easily discredited by mentioning china becoming an economic superpower (forced abortions) and Germany already being an economic superpower (they are much more open and accepting).

My fundy friends have been pretty quiet about the whole "equal sign" thing. I haven't seen any of them respond to it yet.

Today on FB:

to be compassionate."

- Rick Warren

And that's why it's okay to be a bigot!

I replied to one of my friends who posted that with, "And you don't have to agree with them to allow them to make their own choices and exercise their right to the pursuit of happiness."

• Like 2

AOG Church sign:

"Silly Bunny.  Easter is about Jesus."

I get so tempted to put up a sign under it that states Easter was just a catholic take over of earlier equinox celebrations. 

Or a dwight meme.  

Today on FB:

to be compassionate."

- Rick Warren

I saw that, and am thisclose to deleting the person who posted it. Self-righteous bullshit at its best!

Today on FB:

to be compassionate."

- Rick Warren

I saw that, and am thisclose to deleting the person who posted it. Self-righteous bullshit at its best!

Yeah, I got it too, but it was from my dad. I could delete him (have before) but don't want to deal with the drama over it. 

The only time I deleted someone over religious stuff was this girl I knew from highschool. She was always the goody--two-shoes religious type, the kind that even got on the nerves of other fundies. She was nice enough though, but eventually she married a preacher, which made things so much worse. Every time she posted something it was about her Bible or prayer time. The last straw was when she posted something like "I love getting up at 6:00 in the morning to spend time with my daddy Jesus!" There's only so much thinly-vieled boasting I can take. Being an ass-kisser is bad enough when the person whose ass you are kissing actually exists. 

• Like 1

392719_10200957982935574_1494301590_n.jp

If most of my Facebook friends are going to support people who are gay by posting the red equal sign, I am going to post two feet, the feet represent the millions who never get to breathe the air of this world, who never feel love let alone get married, those who never have the chance to have children or go to school or do anything many gays are afforded the privilege to do. They are never given this chance because a human decides that their life is unimportant because of a defect or being an inopportune time for the person who conceived them. This is for the millions of children aborted yearly. Talk about rights being denied.

Sup?

With all the stuff going on my FB page about gay marriage, I am so tempted to post the following.

"I support Biblical marriage! Like the kind in

Deuteronomy 22:28-29."

I have a feeling people won't look it up and I'll look like a bigot. On the other hand if I post the verse it will cause a shitstorm. Somebody talk me out of it!

Do it! 

After I posted about a non-Xian kid who was murdered last week:

"Maybe God had a plan for the boy's family. God does things that a lot of the time don't make sense, or doesn't seem fair. But horrible things like a death, or an accident, or other horrible things, God isn't doing it to us, we are doing it to ourselves. God is only ALLOWING it because he has given us free will. And Romans 5:3-5 states

Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God's love pours out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.

We learn from our suffering and pain. That's why God allows it. He's not "playing a cruel joke" he knew the world before it began and he knew everything that was going to happen. We can't blame Him for what is happening, because he is giving us that free will."

In other words, the kid and his family should be grateful to God that he was shot.

Lilith, I don't think I'd be able to stop myself from writing the response you just did as a comment under that post. It is perfect and shows them exactly how they come across to those of us down here on earth.

How truly disgusting.

• Like 1

Lilith, I don't think I'd be able to stop myself from writing the response you just did as a comment under that post. It is perfect and shows them exactly how they come across to those of us down here on earth.

How truly disgusting.

I didn't write that about gratitude. I just added it here.

My response to Xian: You can glory in suffering all you want, but he isn't stronger or more hopeful because of what happened to him. He's dead.

The girl--she's only 17 and is still surrounded by X cultists--meant well. She just assumed that a bible verse (never mind how the victim felt about Xianity) was bound to make everyone feel better. Xians love to present themselves as compassionate, but they can come off as thoughtless or insensitive. Cooling down enough not to snarl at her took me a while

• Like 1

After I posted about a non-Xian kid who was murdered last week:

"Maybe God had a plan for the boy's family. God does things that a lot of the time don't make sense, or doesn't seem fair. But horrible things like a death, or an accident, or other horrible things, God isn't doing it to us, we are doing it to ourselves. God is only ALLOWING it because he has given us free will. And Romans 5:3-5 states

Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God's love pours out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.

We learn from our suffering and pain. That's why God allows it. He's not "playing a cruel joke" he knew the world before it began and he knew everything that was going to happen. We can't blame Him for what is happening, because he is giving us that free will."

In other words, the kid and his family should be grateful to God that he was shot.

"God does things that a lot of the time don't make sense, or doesn't seem fair."   And we ask that you praise him and follow him anyway. :-)

A little while ago I created a Word file and started copying and pasting really stupid christian quotes from facebook.  This one was posted around the time of the 2012 election:   

"I had a dream the other night that Obama came to my house to do a tour of our property. Before he left, I asked if I could pray for him and he refused! That indicated to me everything I needed to know about him...

For someone to proclaim Christianity yet refuse prayer definitely raises red flags...no matter what stature within society. I would like to think that if ANYONE would be open to having help from the Lord, it would certainly be the president.

I believe it was revelation, triggered by the Holy Spirit. God still speaks in dreams my friend, whether the [sic] have to do with politics or not...2 nights ago I had a dream someone attempted to assassinate Obama. Believe me, that was CERTAINLY not triggered by emotions...just saying..."

Apparently dreams are now an indication of reality.  I actually did have a friend who was planning on going to an Atlanta Braves game with some friends but the night before the game she had a dream that they all died in a crash on the way to the game.  The next morning she refused to go because she was scared that she would die.  Needless to say, all of my friends that went to the game came back just fine and had a great time.

Apparently dreams are now an indication of reality.  I actually did have a friend who was planning on going to an Atlanta Braves game with some friends but the night before the game she had a dream that they all died in a crash on the way to the game.  The next morning she refused to go because she was scared that she would die.  Needless to say, all of my friends that went to the game came back just fine and had a great time.

Didn't she want to meet Jebus??? Most Christians do nothing but bitch and complain that this life is shit, useless, there's northing that this life has to offer etc etc, but they are still scared of dying, I guess their Faith isn't as strong as what they believe.

• Like 7

564606_10151371344228511_1419296392_n.jp

Someone may have already posted this... if so, I apologize.  This is not satire.  This is a post of a True Christian on my friends list.

But really... if you love Jesus, fine.  If you are all about gun rights, fine.   But combining the two together makes me angry.   Turn the other cheek?  Nah, he didn't mean that... you should shoot your enemies!   ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!

564606_10151371344228511_1419296392_n.jp

Someone may have already posted this... if so, I apologize.  This is not satire.  This is a post of a True Christian on my friends list.

But really... if you love Jesus, fine.  If you are all about gun rights, fine.   But combining the two together makes me angry.   Turn the other cheek?  Nah, he didn't mean that... you should shoot your enemies!   ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you not read the Bible For Rednecks?

"For I come not to bring peace but to bring a twin barrel shotgun."

• Like 1